test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need help for min max dps killer for cosmics with PA lazers

Wanting to try a build a strictly as a cosmic killer and for use in TA's. Going for all lasers and possibly a circle to further in crease damage output . Of course I understand this puts in in the glass cannon category which is new for me. A any help would be appreciated . And a sample damage rotation for the build presented. Also gear if either def , greater health or dodge geat would be better suited .
Th to all the build gurus out their in advance.

Comments

• Power armor to clarify
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Ranged PA is tricky to get used to, since its playstyle is rather unique (and usually extremely energy-heavy). Here's a glass cannon 3-slot Beam PA build to get you started, and yeah you'll prob need CoAP to run all 3 attacks at once:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Tempest (Dex: 8, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts (advantages)
    Level 1: Concussor Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Concentration (advantages)
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Overdrive
    Level 14: Eye Beam (Rank 2, 20/20 Fission)
    Level 17: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Chest Laser (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Phalanx Defense System)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
    Level 32: Circle of Arcane Power (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Blinding Light (advantages)
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some End and Rec to help w/ energy. Swaps on Recon Circuits for the Chest slot if you need the self-healing. Other SS setups may work, though the worse your gear the more you'll prob be relying on energy stats to keep everything fueled.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Exactly what I'm looking for..your awesome as usual. So for starting gear I'll look for energy cost and high def gear or would def and health gear be better.
  • I noticed chest beam debuff power isn't tbere, is it becuaw it's 50 ft? Or would having that power included benefit the buidl?
  • What is my attack sequence rotation during cosmics ?
  • Also does going chilled form and imbue ove concentration and loci squeeze out more dmage?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Exactly what I'm looking for..your awesome as usual. So for starting gear I'll look for energy cost and high def gear or would def and health gear be better.

The Power Armour Debuff you seek (Burn Throught: Particle+Crushing damage debuff) is already on Eye Beam (20/20 Fission adv) in the build
    Since the change on the PA Toggles-Charge powers, Chest Beam won't be beneficial for full PA Toggle DPS

Chest Beam is pretty bad power for a 100 feet range toggle PA DPS
    What is my attack sequence rotation during cosmics ?
    There is not much of a rotation in a PA DPS since you need to have all 3 toggles running on the same time, hopefully you will have a good support with Aura or Arcane Clarity or Primal Majesty to help you with your energy managment

I would say always start with Eye Beam for the damage debuff and then Concussor Beam along Chest Laser
    make sure to have all of those powers running on the same time

Also does going chilled form and imbue ove concentration and loci squeeze out more dmage?

Chilled Form won't make any difference since its a carbon copy of Concentration
    Unless you are talking about the option to run a DPS using Chilled Form with Dexterity.
    EGO primary is still pretty solid for DPS

i use Imbue personally in my PA DPS, it will benefit you Critical Severity especially if you already have good critical chance
    of course the all damage bonus (which imbue lacks) from lock & load is also really nice​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Yup, pretty much what Avianos said. And yea, for gear you prob want some maxHP mods to make up for lacking Con SS, and some cost discount on utility gear.

And I guess to further clarify: Concentration and Chilled Form are indeed copies- they only differ in the stats that can scale them up. For Conc its the higher of Int or Ego; for CF its the higher of Dex or Ego (so if Ego is your main, they are effectively the same thing).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Tyvm..both of you. Are are def. Making this process so much easier and it's making more sense to me now.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

Level 23: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Phalanx Defense System)

For a glassy glass cannon cosmic dps, I would take r3 block over phalanx defense as it lowers your damage and you don't get the anti spike defense of r3 block when you need it.
    Fair enough. I was vacillating on that choice over R3, but I guess the latter makes more sense for cosmics, yea.

But I wasn't aware Phalanx lowered damage (ala Laser Knight for melee). Brief testing on the PTS doesn't seem to support that claim.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Phalanx is a much smaller defensive bonus (10% instead of 33%) and I don't believe it reduces damage.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

But I wasn't aware Phalanx lowered damage (ala Laser Knight for melee). Brief testing on the PTS doesn't seem to support that claim.

Hmm, not sure what made me say that then. I will test this out as well
  • Ty everyone :)