test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eido Rewards Without the Effort?

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
Last night a friend and I were doing the Q zone dailies. We saw that there was a group doing Eido, but we were not involved in that combat. When the Eido fight ended my friend noted he had just received the Eido Obstruction perk, which seemed odd. When we flew up into the Shadow Citadel and checked out the reward circle we had each received the full reward. I had a score of 90K and my friend had 45K, which should be below the minimum threshold to get the rewards (it's 100K, right?). Have others seen this happen? All the gain, but none of the pain!
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    100k is not needed for Eido rewards,

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    There's no minimum? Does just being in the zone and shooting worms and destroids anywhere then qualify one for Eido rewards?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited March 2018
    Yes, sadly.
    It had something to do with drops being buggued in the past awarding drops to top players

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    I can think of only one word: LEECH!
    JwLmWoa.png
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Got some perk for killing Eido a while ago just for being in the zone. No idea if I got any rewards for that since I don't know where the winner's circle even is. I thought it was mildly amusing for all the good it doesn't do me.

Considering how empty the zone usually is and how rare Eido runs seem to be, I doubt leeching is going to matter for the one or two people that might actually be around when a run happens they aren't participating in.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    On the other hand, Eido is still glitched and you won't find anyone willing (or even sane enough to consider) running Eido 50 times just to have access to his costume parts, so it evens out.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Main limit on leeching at Eido is the low zone cap; if you've got less than 25 people making a serious effort the run probably fails, and the zone cap is 30.
    > @sterga said:
    > Got some perk for killing Eido a while ago just for being in the zone. No idea if I got any rewards for that since I don't know where the winner's circle even is. I thought it was mildly amusing for all the good it doesn't do me.
    >
    > Considering how empty the zone usually is and how rare Eido runs seem to be, I doubt leeching is going to matter for the one or two people that might actually be around when a run happens they aren't participating in.​​

Someone that I can't probably say the handle, his main toon first letter is V, leached his 50 Eido Kills perk, and was always under 100k, died every 5 sec and was taking a spot for people who could ahve been actually useful,

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,023 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    How sad is this? make a true Endgame boss but on the same time it's easily leechable...
    blockwave wrote: »
    Someone that I can't probably say the handle, his main toon first letter is V, leached his 50 Eido Kills perk, and was always under 100k, died every 5 sec and was taking a spot for people who could ahve been actually useful,
    I know exactly who you are refereing to
    That bastard, he does NOT deserve the rewards he got and yet he don't get punished for doing so, instead he brags about it
    I struggle to caught an Eidolon run and any time I manage to he is ALWAYS THERE​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    The fight count as an open mission, so anyone tagging it could get the reward.
    avianos said:

How sad is this? make a true Endgame boss but on the same time it's easily leechable...

blockwave wrote: »

I know exactly who you are refereing to

That bastard, he does NOT deserve the rewards he got and yet he don't get punished for doing so, instead he brags about it

I struggle to caught an Eidolon run and any time I manage to he is ALWAYS THERE​​
    blockwave said:

> @sterga said:

> Got some perk for killing Eido a while ago just for being in the zone. No idea if I got any rewards for that since I don't know where the winner's circle even is. I thought it was mildly amusing for all the good it doesn't do me.

>

> Considering how empty the zone usually is and how rare Eido runs seem to be, I doubt leeching is going to matter for the one or two people that might actually be around when a run happens they aren't participating in.​​

Yeah, that is pretty much my primary reason why I stop attending those fight, long ago.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User

On the other hand, Eido is still glitched and you won't find anyone willing (or even sane enough to consider) running Eido 50 times just to have access to his costume parts, so it evens out.

Actually, none of this is really true. I mean, yes, he is still glitched, but there were several successful runs over the weekend. For the one I was on (and I think most of the others), the time actually spent on Eido was about 15 minutes. Total including organizing and unlocking is around 45-60 minutes per run.

There are for sure still people farming him for the perk.

I do agree that leeching isn't really going to be a problem since so few people hang out in QWZ just for the heck of it, anyway.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Of course not just to have access to his costume parts.

I know a bunch of people who've run it 50+ times and a whole bunch who would like to run it 50 more times. Personally, I would like to run Eido 500 times. Not because of his costume parts but because I enjoy the fight.

That said, I do wish he had better rewards. Then 500 runs would be more likely.
    edited March 2018
    For the time being SMITE THE SPINELESS VERMINS KNOWN AS LEECHERS (you know who, that guy even sucks on regular cosmics, his scoreboard is always under the requirement to get credit)
    and I will join your 500 battles of Eidolon, I want to do eidolon endgame with more than just 1 character (31 eidolon kills, getting slowly closer)

I thought DEVs acknowledged the leeching issue and they were going to adress it by fixing the score system requirement
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Actually, I think I can add this back in as the bug causing open missions to occasionally reward items based on player performance against each other was fixed a little while back.

This thread - October 2017

WHAT HAPPENED!?
    This is serious, the Endgame boss is broken and rewards leechers

Oh as for the "Bug" with eidolon orbs, it's not really game breaking, if anything else it made eidolon easier :/​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    avianos said:

Oh as for the "Bug" with eidolon orbs, it's not really game breaking, if anything else it made eidolon easier :/​​

Well it made him harder for a time as there was a need to adapt to the change. But players have proven to be pretty adaptable!
    kamokami wrote: »
    Well it made him harder for a time as there was a need to adapt to the change. But players have proven to be pretty adaptable!
    Hehehe, indeed. That's a really nice thing with the Cosmics, the community adapts to the change and forms new strategies really fast​​
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    And we have some great organizers.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Until the devs pick up on it