test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180108.23 - Alert Bonus Event

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2018 in PTS - The Archive
Alert Bonus Event
  • New Mini Event: Alert Bonus
  • During this event all alerts will gain a bonus to their reward circled rewards and daily missions.

Grab Alerts Bonuses
  • 20% bonus on the XP reward from Grab alerts.
  • 20% bonus on the XP boost buff from Grab alerts.

Smash Alerts Bonuses
  • 30% bonus on the Resource reward from Smash alerts.
  • 30% bonus on the Resource boost buff from Smash alerts.

Burst Alerts Bonuses
  • 1 extra mod from Burst alerts
  • 20% chance to find an extra mod from a crafting node from the Burst alert buff.
  • 20% bonus on the chance to get an extra mod from defeating enemies on the Burst alert buff.
  • Burst Alerts can drop 3%, 5%, 7%, 10% or Safeguard catalysts.

Special Alerts Bonuses
  • 2 additional UNTIL Recognition for completion.
  • 20% bonus on the Resource rewards from: Harmon Labs, Green Dragon, Cybermind, Grab!, Fury of the Dragon, Forum Malvanum, Red Winter.
  • 20% bonus on the XP rewards from: Cybermind and Forum Malvanum.

General Bonuses
  • Additional 20% Questionite from all daily alert mission rewards (Vigilance is excluded).
  • Additional 20% Recognition from all daily alert mission rewards.

Misc
  • Added Power Gem costume set to the debugger. Currently male only.

Burst Alerts
  • Pyramid Power now awards XP in addition to its regular rewards.
  • The Burst buff now gives a chance at an additional mod drop from mobs.
​​

Comments

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Feedback: During this event Rampages have an increased chance to drop a token. Gravitar and Fire and Ice have a 20% more chance to drop a Token. Lemurian Invasion and Sky Carrier have a 100% 50% 30% more chance to drop a token.

The striked options would be the I wish and Ideal options. The non striked options are the realistic balanced options.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    Rampages are not included in this event.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Hm. Is Pyramid Power permanently 'xp and a mod'? I guess that makes it competitive with GRAB alerts.

The special alert bonus is weird because special alerts last an entire week, so you're likely to only see one or two of the effects. Would it be possible add an additional special alert (the same way there's an extra one during the Malvan event) that rotates daily (hm. This would allow people to do an entire Vigilance cycle in one week, which might not be optimal).
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Suggestion: During Special Alert Festa, Harmon Labs has a 20% more chance to drop a DUC.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2018
    Hm. Is Pyramid Power permanently 'xp and a mod'? I guess that makes it competitive with GRAB alerts.

The special alert bonus is weird because special alerts last an entire week, so you're likely to only see one or two of the effects. Would it be possible add an additional special alert (the same way there's an extra one during the Malvan event) that rotates daily (hm. This would allow people to do an entire Vigilance cycle in one week, which might not be optimal).

The XP reward on Pyramid Power is a permanent addition.

It will only apply to the alerts occurring during the event. This event will happen a few times a year.

The bonuses to the special alerts only apply to their generic xp/resource/questionite/recog rewards, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal that they aren't all available.​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Bursts now have a chance to drop R5, R6 and R7 mods. Just saying.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Once Live, where will the Power Gem costume set be available? EDIT: Ugh, never mind, not worth getting.
    Post edited by sekhmet46 on
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Thank You!!!!

First of all an Alert Event has been requested before and it's nice to see it happen.

Second Pyramid Power has needed it's rewards upscaled for a long time too!

This is a really fun update!

And hopefully there will be events for Rampages and Nemesis at some point!!!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    During the event the mods from the burst should be at minimum rank 5. An extra rank 1-3 mod to clutter up inventory space isn't a bonus.

2 additional until recog tokens isn't much of a bonus either.
  • kaizerin wrote: »
    20% bonus on the XP boost buff from Grab alerts.

is this a flat boost or multiplied off the current buff?

i.e, it'll go from 20% to 40% in the former case or from 20% to 24% in the latter case (since 20% of 20% is 4%)​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    kaizerin said:

Alert Bonus Event
    Special Alerts Bonuses

• 20% bonus on the Resource rewards from: Harmon Labs, Green Dragon, Cybermind, Grab!, Fury of the Dragon, Forum Malvanum, Red Winter.
    ​​
    have the base resources of some of these alerts been increased? cause a 20% bonus on top of 750 resources is kinda meh

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    About the Gems
    • They come in six shape varieties. These include heart, teardrop, square, rhomboid, oval, and pentagon
    • The gems can be placed at a ton of different positions on the body, including upper head (shown here), head sides (covering ears), bracers (on back of hand), arm accessories, chest emblem, back, belt accessory (replaces most belt buckles), and foot accessories. There might be more or less, I don't remember
    • Gems have five material options: classic cloth/leather/metal, brushed metal, and the new 'gem' material which is shiny and somewhat transparent
    • I don't show it off well here, but the gems use all four color slots. slots 1-3 form a gradient on the edges of the gem, while the 4th slot is the flat face.
    • The gems have two other coloring patterns as well for a pearl-like finish and... something else I don't remember, i'm awful at documenting stuff lol
    • They are also notable for having two separate detail diffuse options, a normal one, and then a 'light' variant that just adds a tiny touch of shading while keeping the prime colors clear.

Overall I really like them but I have no clue how they'll be unlocked or if it'll be a huge pain to do so.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    bluhman said:

Clearly not inspired by Steven Universe.
    Disappointed that Rampages aren't affected by this event despite being alerts.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • rampages are not alerts - alerts have 5 players, rampages have 10...though, for some silly reason, they can launch when you have only 8​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Encouraging people to do Alerts is literally the worst idea since the introduction of Alerts. Maybe do something to put a little oomph into the story content or the comics, eh?
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Thank you for the Event - I have some characters in need of levelling up so this will be a welcome bonus. Also a+1 for the change to Pyramid Power rewards - people are so darn lazy that they're not entering this Alert type and waiting for it to switch to a Rad Rumble, hopefully this will encourage a few more people to queue.

Any chance of a Story/Old Lair Bonus event? Extra rewards/XP for completing Steel Crusade, Fatal Error, Telios' Tower, that sort of thing? Be nice to remind people of some of the dustier corners of the game....
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User

Any chance of a Story/Old Lair Bonus event? Extra rewards/XP for completing Steel Crusade, Fatal Error, Telios' Tower, that sort of thing? Be nice to remind people of some of the dustier corners of the game....

I like this idea.

• sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > kaizerin wrote: »
    >
    > 20% bonus on the XP boost buff from Grab alerts.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > is this a flat boost or multiplied off the current buff?
    >
    > i.e, it'll go from 20% to 40% in the former case or from 20% to 24% in the latter case (since 20% of 20% is 4%)​​

I'm also wondering about this, really hoping for the former...
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Clearly not inspired by Steven Universe.
    Disappointed that Rampages aren't affected by this event despite being alerts.

I was thinking Infinity War. Vision and Adam Warlock keep their gems in their foreheads.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    During this event, revert Smash alerts back to Grab alerts. And buff all the mobs.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

During this event, revert Smash alerts back to Grab alerts. And buff all the mobs.

That's a terrible idea and would render running alerts.. entirely useless. Now shoo, shoo! Back into your basement.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Subjective Feedback:

I haven't played in a awhile. But I logged on this weekend and have had a blast. Also, really <3 the Gems - probably the most versatile costume addition in a long time. Hopefully, we'll have other mini-events with modest reward tweaks for things like Rampages, Story Arcs, & Nemesis.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2018

That's a terrible idea and would render running alerts.. entirely useless. Now shoo, shoo! Back into your basement.

Smash alerts are boring garbage. That's just true. Adding more fun content for the resource alert would be an improvement, and they don't need the weak mobs that the leveling alert has.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Oh man when you could get xp for doing smash alerts.. oh yeah sure a 2 minute drill or dockside dustup may have failed every now and then(due to low level heroes mostly, you could queue up for alerts at lvl 6 in those days) ....but xp for doing smash alerts!!!

No wonder that they changed it.

• magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User

Well, yes, but.... I don't know how long it will last. The scaling on that alert probably needs a mod, as low-level / low DPS teams find some of those Pyramid Power bosses a stiff test; I've had failed Ao'Qepthoth and Baron Cimetiere runs of late where the team just can't get enough damage together to finish the mission, which can cause a bit of frustration.
This discussion has been closed.