beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Dragon (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Con: 8, Rec: 10)
Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 9: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
Level 12: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
Level 15: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Righteous Fists (advantages)
Level 1: One Hundred Hands (Rank 2, Demolishing Strikes, Ghostly Strikes)
Level 6: Thunderbolt Lunge (advantages)
Level 8: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Inexorable Tides (Flowing Strikes, Power Sweep)
Level 14: Form of the Master (advantages)
Level 17: Open Palm Strike (Rank 2, Chi Flame, Ghostly Strikes)
Level 20: Chi Manipulation
Level 23: Parry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 32: Intensity (Rank 2, Fists of Righteous Flame)
Level 35: Devastating Strike (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Fiery Embrace (advantages)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Athletics (advantages)
Level 35: Jet Pack (advantages)

Specializations
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Aggression (2/2)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Overpower (3/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Elusive (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

So the plan is to use a full maintain of 100 hands to get demolish up then use fully charged open palm strikes with inexorable tides thrown in every so often to refresh demolish/build knock resist while topping things off with devastating strikes when available. Any of the build experts out there have any thoughts? Gears mostly for Dex.

Comments

• criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Some thoughts:
    1. You could swap Open Palm Strike with Burning Chi Fist given it has an advantage that makes BCF deal +30% dmg against enemies with demolish.
    2. Also the Power sweep adv in Inexorable tides is kinda redundant if you use 100 hands to apply Chi Flame, instead of that you already plan to get the Fists of Righteous Flame adv in Intensity to apply it too.
    3. If you have Dex as a Super Stat you could swap Overpower for Juggernaut spec in the Strength spec tree to make Constitution slotted in your gear grant more dmg resist, unless you want to go glass cannon.
    Those are my thoughts, but otherwise the build is fine.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Yea, BCF or DU would prob be better to focus on for single-target dps (100Hands could too, though you're instead using it here for Demolish). BCF is prob the best bet here and works easiest w/ FotM since it innately applies Chi Flame. You'd also want to get Focused Strikes if using BCF or DU. I'm also unsure how your energy will be here w/o Rush.

If you really wanted to focus on Open Palm Strike for dps, though, I may use FotTiger for it so you can take it to R3- maybe using Elbow Slam to apply Demolish and Chi Flame (since its also charged), and Rising Knee or Backhand Chop w/ advs to refresh both. Still have to deal w/ Palm Strike's knockback against trash, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I'm a bit keen on using open palm strike with 100 hands and inexorable tides but yeah maybe fotTiger might work better here so I can get palm strike up to r3 while using the other two abilities for chi flame and to apply and refresh demolish.

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Problem there is that Tides and 100Hands also can't proc FotTiger. Its why I suggested Elbow Slam w/ advs. Would also prob mean you want Dragon Kick for pbAoE (and maybe Rush). You could just go w/ FotTempest (though that is more rng), or just settle on FotM and accept a bit less dmg from missing out on R3. You don't have to go for optimal dmg, ofc, if you'd rather have more convenience for the theme or w/e.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!