Havoc Stomp

Havoc Stomp
  1. Chance to knock down targets instead of knock up
  2. Knocks up on full charge instead of knock back
  3. Change activation time stuffs to make it more responsive or something
  • It can be canceled by block too easily at the moment
  • It feels like it takes 28,000 seconds until targets are damaged
Advantage possibilities (or changes to the power itself):
  • Cry Havoc advantage affects targets with Disorient instead of Fear because it makes more sense or be really cool and make it Confuse targets (we need more powers that apply confuse CC tyvm)
  • Add advantage that makes it always knock down
  • Add advantage that knocks targets to you instead of knocking targets up
  • Add advantage that increases the range of Havoc Stomp
  • Add advantage that makes it apply and refresh Reckless
  • Add advantage that gives it a chance to apply Stun to targets, or guarantees application of Stun if target is Disoriented/Confused, or applies Stun to targets not more than once every 10 seconds
  • Add advantage that makes it apply Snare to targets
  • Add advantage that makes it apply Stagger to targets
  • Add advantage that makes it apply Demolish to targets on full charge
  • Add advantage that makes it refresh or apply a single stack of Defiance
  • Add advantage that makes it apply a debuff that reduces dodge chance of targets
  • Add advantage that applies a stacking debuff to targets on full charge that increases the damage that the target takes from Havoc Stomp
  • Add advantage that makes Havoc Stomp deal increased damage if it hits more targets
  • Add advantage that makes it create a Pyre Patch at your location upon full charge (?)
Discuss.

Comments

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I like that you removed the Pyre Patch suggestion as it would probably be deemed too OP.

On a non sarcastic tone, DO something about this power so that it's not atrocious please. As it stands right now, on a Tank it ends up being counterproductive to charge since you spread all the adds the **** away, and on a DPS the charge time + activation makes it so that you are dead before the animation (and damage) finishes.
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Please add these, and I like the Demolish advantage. :D​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • I agree with the Advantage suggestions and the Knock Down changes, Havoc Stomp should be the "Brimstone" from Might powerset. I love Havoc Stomp's animation but since it takes so much time to deal damage I just end using "Brimstone" from Heavy Weapons, because it ends being much more useful and less annoying to teammates as well, too bad I'm losing 10% damage from my Ripper's Rage mod due mixing powersets in order to be more efficient.

By the way, if making Havoc Stomp faster is considered to be too OP then it could be turned into a root attack.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Havoc stomp is really fun to use. With even just slight tweaks it could be a better power as well. I'd prefer an AoE Knock-to...BCF-style...want more Knock-tos. Fast activation with very low tap damage and a very long charge with very high energy cost and damage.

It'd be sweet if the animation made you look like a comet or something equally impactful at full charge. I think a large knockback at full charge would be fun since the point of charging it fully would be to kill stuff outright. Lower charges or taps could be more about utility...with KDs, KUs, or KTos.
    dilgear said:

too bad I'm losing 10% damage from my Ripper's Rage mod due mixing powersets in order to be more efficient.

Irrespective of anything to do with Havoc Stomp, for mixing HW with Might, you could add a HW mod and use both Ironclad's Will and Reaper's Rage if it's important. Can even just use an r5 in a cosmic sec utility. And if it's not important then you're fine as is.
  • kamokami said:

Irrespective of anything to do with Havoc Stomp, for mixing HW with Might, you could add a HW mod and use both Ironclad's Will and Reaper's Rage if it's important. Can even just use an r5 in a cosmic sec utility. And if it's not important then you're fine as is.

Personally I woundn't do that, I have other mods slotted and I prefer to stick with the same Powerset.