test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fastest ways to apply Negative Ions, Chill, and Clinging Flames?

For reference when I make Elemental characters.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Many powers can now- just look for ones that have a high chance to apply of any of them in the tooltips.

If you want a start: Rimefire Burst is instant and can put up CF and Chill, but only as long as the target isn't already affected by them and the power is on a cd.

Why do you want all three debuffs, though?
    edit: nvm misread. I guess you meant across multiple builds, and not in one build.

In that case, some examples (not all-inclusive):

CF: Flashfire, Fire Breath w/ adv, Incendiary Grenade, Iron Lariat w/ adv, Eruption w/ adv, Wisp w/ adv, Rimefire Burst

Chill: Ice Blast, Frost Breath w/ adv, Rimefire Burst

NI: Thunderstrike, Chain Lit, Ball Lit w/ adv, Fireball w/ adv, Electrocute
    Hurricane w/ adv can also apply Chill and NI in AoE

again, prob more I missed, but those spring to mind.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Fastest way to apply Negative Ions is to have more than 90% energy (generally by SSing REC while having a small energy pool) and tapping Chain Lightning. The Ion application is guaranteed on tap as long as your energy is above 90%. - NVM. See a few posts below. Rec is to use Ball Lightning.

Fastest way to apply Chill is tapping Frost Breath (w its adv). Usually not the optimal way as it drops your dps quite a bit. Optimal way to apply Chill is a bit complex but comes down to triggering Avenger Mastery, which reduces charge time on Blast attacks, and then fully charging Ice Blast.

Fastest way to apply Clinging Flames is using Flashfire.
    Post edited by kamokami on
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Here's what I consider to be the most reliable appliers, particular order:

Clinging Flames:
    • Will o the Wisp w/ Ghost Fire
    • Incendiary Grenade
    • Flashfire (but honestly, I kinda hate the fingersnap activation animation so I never use it)
    • Eruption w/ Magma Burst
    • Rimefire Burst (also applies chill - long cooldown)

Chill (this one's pretty limited)
    • Rimefire Burst (also applies clinging flames - long cooldown)
    • Ice Blast (requires full charge for 100%...I think - weak)

Negative Ions
    • Ball Lightning w/ Triplicity
    • Thunderstrike
    • Fireball w/ Charged Attack (requires full charge for 100%)
    • Chain Lightning (requires full charge for 100% - weak)

Those are just off the top of my head. I probably missed some.

PS: Since you're after the fastest, I'd probably skip the charged powers. Rimefire Burst + Ball Lightning w/ Triplicity would get all 3 up in relatively short order.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Tapping Chain Lightning has a very significant delay, and regularly doesn't work properly. I think the game isn't very precise at deciding when exactly your energy should be over 90%. You're better off using another power. I usually just use Ball Lightning.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    aiqa said:

Tapping Chain Lightning has a very significant delay, and regularly doesn't work properly. I think the game isn't very precise at deciding when exactly your energy should be over 90%. You're better off using another power. I usually just use Ball Lightning.

Hmm, tried it out and 100 forced Chain Lighting taps had a delay 0.85 instead of tooltip's 0.67. With applying Ions, out of 30 taps at full energy it applied them 19 times.

So yeah that's pretty lame.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    As noted, Will'o Wisp with advantage is an excellent, guaranteed, ranged application of Clinging Flames.
    I use it on a couple builds.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

As noted, Will'o Wisp with advantage is an excellent, guaranteed, ranged application of Clinging Flames.
    I use it on a couple builds.

As do I. My HW tank likes it for pulls and to get energy management going early, since it is a 100' AoE power that takes Challenge. Just hit the strongest with it, since it only applies CF to the main target.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.