And playing by myself since Aug 2009
Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    What happen to spandex?

Wasp looks great but Capt Marvel looks Horrible....very unflattering.
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Popular fan theory is that Captain Marvel's suit in this photo is based on a Kree uniform - https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/4/4f/MarVellinline1.jpg - that she wore at the beginning of her super career, and she'll update later to something closer to her current comic-book outfit, which Marvel Studios already released concept art for: https://images.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,q_auto:good,w_600/h27wpzeuv4ruvwp9wxfq/captain-marvel-concept-art-credit-marvel-studios.jpg

As to spandex, almost no live-action superhero is wearing that these days. Spider-Man is closest. And you just know putting an actress in one of these movies into that now would bring protests of sexism.
  • Options
    It’s not the color that bothers me, it’s the fit.

I hated Caps first costume and it wasnt really until Winter Solider that they got the fit right.

Black Panther isn’t all bulky, it’s not spankdex, so I don’t see why tighter form fitting is so hard for them. But most of Marvel barely uses their code names too...so I dunno.

I really hope the concept art comes out like that...but the one she is in now just looks bad.
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    I don't think it's hard, it's just not fashionable right now. The thrust in superhero costumes nowadays is to look more durable and functional. Let's face it, one big reason the skin-tight look was common in comics, is because anatomical musculature is among the first things they teach in art class. ;)
  • Options
    I’m also disappointed in no mask and no-hawk. I really wanted that hawk
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Yeah a mask on Captain Marvel would be cool, we don't get to see many masked female superheroes in movies. The outfit looks a little bland in the picture but I'll reserve my judgement on that until after I see it in motion. Anyway they love to give these characters new costumes for every movie so no doubt it will look better over time.

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    That kind of top is what we need in this game (Captain Marvel's). A solid piece, not the boobsocks we have now. Imagine, a female torso you could put emblems on and have them look right regardless of chest size.

Her costume looks good, reminiscent of her current design but "movied up" like everyone else. Once she takes it to the tailor to get rid of them default colors it'll look much better. :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Carol hasn't worn a mask since she went by Warbird. Why mask her up now?

And I agree with Biff - I'd love a top like this in game.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    I don’t know what you are talking about Jon. I’ve seen plenty of images of Captain Marvel with a mask and Mohawk. Now....is this some other Cap? Maybe but regardless I wanted a Captain Marvel in a mask with hair.
  • Options
    Pretty sure that in her latest design she usually masks up when she's out in space, maybe also for during some fights. Haven't seen her in many comics though so I could be off.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User

Pretty sure that in her latest design she usually masks up when she's out in space, maybe also for during some fights. Haven't seen her in many comics though so I could be off.

She does mask up when she's in space or in a battle where she needs to. That's how the mohawk comes into play. I must say though, I like this version of her suit much more than the comic book version. Even if it is the Kree soldier colors, it's great. And off the Cap Marvel topic, Wasp looks super cool imo. Can't wait to see these movies. :D
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    That kind of top is what we need in this game (Captain Marvel's). A solid piece, not the boobsocks we have now. Imagine, a female torso you could put emblems on and have them look right regardless of chest size

Just gonna chime in on this - All of the emblems are weighted for the default female chest model, so a different model that has different weightings around the chest area would require any emblem you'd want to scale to it properly to be re-weighted for the new model!

As for the costume, the trim being a nice gold instead of the silver would make it pop more.​​
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    They look cool. Second one still has a bit too much "Gotta emphasize the boobs" tho.
  • Options
    > @kaizerin said:
    > Just gonna chime in on this - All of the emblems are weighted for the default female chest model, so a different model that has different weightings around the chest area would require any emblem you'd want to scale to it properly to be re-weighted for the new model!

I always assumed the emblem was on like an invisible piece of geometry that floats right on top of the chest, and the emblem designs were like picking a design on the tights, so any scaling is done once, and the emblem just slapped on. If that were the case, on a new torso type, in my head I could picture the emblem area remaining fairly flat regardless of chest size as long as the chest wasn't pinched when reduced, allowing the emblem to stay unwarped.

Anyway, not saying any of that would be easy or quick, especially since I'm just assuming how things work, just that it would be cool. :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

That kind of top is what we need in this game (Captain Marvel's). A solid piece, not the boobsocks we have now. Imagine, a female torso you could put emblems on and have them look right regardless of chest size.

Her costume looks good, reminiscent of her current design but "movied up" like everyone else. Once she takes it to the tailor to get rid of them default colors it'll look much better. :P

Some of the armor bits are kinda like that.

ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    I would have preferred if they used a yellow and black color scheme for Wasp's outfit.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Does anyone remember the robocop remake photos from a few years back? Everyone was complaining about how terrible it looked but then when the film came out the costume looked great because of after effects they added in post production (no comment on the movie itself). In this day and age we shouldn't be complaining about outfits unless they're screen shots from the completed movie. That being said, I'm not sure what the complaints are, both outfits look fine to me. I'm not a big Marvel fan but neither of these jump out at me as looking bad, I might not be able to identify either as Wasp or Marvel but they're fine.
  • Options
    > @markhawkman said:
    >
    > Some of the armor bits are kinda like that.

Yup but A, it's armor, not like heavy fabric or leather and B, I'm pretty sure the chest is scaled the same way as underneath, so if you managed to stick an emblem on there (were it possible) it would probably warp pretty badly. So neither the boobsock nor the emblem problems are solved.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Lautna IS wearing an emblem! :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    She's reading the instructions manual of the suit...

And no, there's no app for it, since it's the 90's.
    Pre every MCU movie...
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
  • Options
    Women reading? Now this is a super hero movie!
  • Options

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User

Reading a map, a power few men seem to have any more.

Now if she can refold the map, we'll know she has superpowers!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited February 2018

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    jonsills said:

Now if she can refold the map, we'll know she has superpowers!

If she can eat cookies in bed without getting crumbs under the sheets she's a cosmic.