test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I miss these two every day :|

Behold my primitive screenshotting skills of my unstoppable force, my Martial Arts/Super Reflexes scrapper Battlerina.

She was the first character I ever got to level 50. Fun to play, made even better by updates to MA throughout the years. I crafted her to be nigh untouchable and had such high critical strikes that I almost never needed a healer of any kind. (however I do remember a one in a million death; two Freakshow Tank Smashers both hit her in unison and got a lucky kill) She was a ballerina/savateuse lawful good hero, not metahuman or super powered in any way. I had to open a French-English dictionary to alt-tab to since she didn't speak English. Some of her attacks were even made redundant in that the recharges happened so fast you never needed to click the first two attacks, stronger strikes' cooldowns were shorter and did better damage.

And my immovable object, Invulnerability/Street Justice tanker Poppa Wheelie.

Formerly Super Strength, this character was by far my favorite to play once I respec'ed him to be SJ. Invulnerability already made most tankers unstoppable, but SJ made him almost a brute/scrapper hybrid. Nothing was better than using Super Leap's teleport attack to jump into a mob, knocking them down and then sending chumps flying with Sweeping Hook and other meaty punches. More of a vigilante than hero, this biker went by his street name Pops and tore through Paragon City's seedy underbelly, leaving no evil doer standing. Often he would be he only surviving hero in those old Circle of Thorns caverns, easily taking on entire red and purple rank mobs and have to find the rest of the team's bodies to give them a rez inspiration. I desperately wished we could have received the motorcycle that the bruiser from the Thugs mastermind had; when you spawned him he would phase in on the chopper and it would vanish when he got off to await orders.

I've tried to recreate both here in CO over the years but they didn't take. The outfits just aren't right and the power sets don't do their AT justice. I love my CO characters to death, but boy what I wouldn't do to have these two in Millenium City. I love you two, rest in peace. <3

Comments

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    There are a bunch of costume options that are pretty close but there's not much that's going to be exact and sadly the powers would never be the same. It sucks when they take away our characters by shutting down online only video games.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Both of those costumes look extremely doable in CO. Poppa Wheelie in particular.
    Similar looks would be possible in CO but not exact obviously. I suspect the real problem is that the characters don't have the same powers they had in CoX
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

Similar looks would be possible in CO but not exact obviously. I suspect the real problem is that the characters don't have the same powers they had in CoX

I doubt that's really it either. Chisoku, like Battlerina, was actually a MA/SR scrapper back in the day. That playstyle is really easy to recreate, though maybe not as offensively powerful as they'd like considering all the kick powers in the game are dodge-defense based and inferior to stuff like BCF. Hopefully some kind of unarmed powerset rehaul gets done some day.

Invuln translates to just like one power choice in CO (obviously), the flavor of Street Justice from what I gather (i stopped playing CoX before it was introduced) would probably be doable with a mix of MA and Might attacks, stuff like One-Hundred Hands, Mighty Kick, Defensive Combo...

The main thing I miss, looking at those screenshots, is all those emotes we had back in CoX.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

There are a bunch of costume options that are pretty close but there's not much that's going to be exact and sadly the powers would never be the same. It sucks when they take away our characters by shutting down online only video games.

You can just thematically use the powers to fit the character. Easily. Not everyone has to do something without theme. :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    We do have Santa Mittens, so you could create the hands, kind of.
    :#
    That girl sure is bendy if you look that top second picture from the right...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Is this a Drinking Tea Emote?
    Gosh I wish we had something like that in CO​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Both of those costumes look extremely doable in CO. Poppa Wheelie in particular.

I actually did my best to recreate his outfit in CO but it wasn't good enough. Specifically because there's no fringe cape option in CO for the back of the vest, and the vest itself isn't available for us to wear.
    guyhumual said:

You got it, the powers are just too different in CO. The attacks are either martial arts-style or super strength; Mighty Kick and Uppercut and Haymaker all send enemies flying half the battlefield away, and what little there is of melee doesn't stun or knock down like it would for Street Justice. Defensive Combo is the only thing slightly resembling the set and it's barely effective against a mob, being such a low tier power. And there is no real equivalent to Invulnerability sadly, tanking in CO seems to rely on using attacks to help buff your defense and things like shields to stay alive.
    avianos said:

Is this a Drinking Tea Emote?

Gosh I wish we had something like that in CO​​

Yes we had a tea steep emote back then. :)
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User

Looks easy enough
  • doctorevilfacedoctorevilface Posts: 91 Arc User
    Instead of imitation, why not evolution? Superhero costumes always improve and change over time.

Even if you can't use your old CoX costumes anymore, there's still ways to pay homage to them using the costume parts available here in CO.
    Lemon-Scented Evil.
    Maybe you guys missed where the OP said it's more about powers then costumes?
    Still not seeing issue...punches - check, teleport super jump biker- check

Powers isn't the problem to be fair. It's the level of creativity to make the current powers in game work.
    guyhumual said:

I could make any character I want from CoH/CoX, with an improved costume and with the powers intact because m creativity level is one of being far beyond what I previously had about 5 years ago. Just make a build, try it out, if you don't like it, switch it up.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    I never played CoX so I have no idea. I have heard people talk about CoX though, I do know jebidiahbeetus in game and I believe they're silver so they might not have the same options to rebuild their old characters as you or I.
  • guyhumual said:

Guy has it right; the powers in CO are too different from what CoX offered to do a faithful recreation of their concept themes.

The punches are closer to super strength than street justice. Also the super teleport wasn't what I was referring to; the Super Leap in CoX had an attack similar to CO's Strafing Run where you aim a circle where you want then click, and you would land in that circle, knocking everyone down.

@shadowolf505

I sincerely doubt you could, seeing as CO doesn't have shield, staff, street justice, kinetic melee, water-based powers, Masterminds, and so on.
    edited February 2018
    What? You can use a bracer for a shield, TK blades are basically the Kinetic Melee, Force can act as water or even Ice can act as it, Staffs don't have to be there to make it exact, Masterminds are basically TK. What else did you want to say? ._.

guyhumual said:

Guy has it right; the powers in CO are too different from what CoX offered to do a faithful recreation of their concept themes.

The punches are closer to super strength than street justice. Also the super teleport wasn't what I was referring to; the Super Leap in CoX had an attack similar to CO's Strafing Run where you aim a circle where you want then click, and you would land in that circle, knocking everyone down.

@shadowolf505

I sincerely doubt you could, seeing as CO doesn't have shield, staff, street justice, kinetic melee, water-based powers, Masterminds, and so on.
    Also, never doubt the level of someone's creativity because yours is not like theirs.
  • This post was to reminisce over my old characters, not for you to bicker and quibble about CO's limitations.
    I wasn't bickering until you called me out for not being able to do something.
  • numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    Shouldn't this be in off-topic since the forum you posted is for fan art instead?
  • violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User

I could make any character I want from CoH, with an improved costume and with the powers intact because m creativity level is one of being far beyond what I previously had about 5 years ago. Just make a build, try it out, if you don't like it, switch it up.

I do not buy it for a second but please make a different topic where you prove it because I really want help for that.

• Even if you can't use your old CoX costumes anymore, there's still ways to pay homage to them using the costume parts available here in CO.

This still stands as the biggest issue when it comes to making Nightmare perfect. While CO allows for some improvement, the helmet seems to forever stay impossible.

Any attempts at recreating that end up looking like garbage mainly due to a lack of working parts for the mouth and sideguards. Either the mouth and sideguards aren't able to be done but the base helmet looks good or they can and the helmet either clips or is too small.
    <B><COLOR="blue">Behold, the greatest Nightmare returns!</COLOR></B>
    Nightmare challenge accepted
  • Alien Armor doesn't work and I don't have Shadow D's (apparently it has to be the Eidolon you beat for the achievement).
    I gotcha...let me see what I can do later
    @lordnightmare#9851
    My first idea...Couldn't tell if you had leather or metal.

Didn't like this but it had that side piece you used (I would ditch it on here)

I like these horns because they are NIGHTMARE horns

No idea what your body looks like so I just guessed.

Overall...I dunno, I think you are looking pretty sweet.

• What pieces were you using on the 3rd one? I might be able to make something workable.
    Blazing is the helmet - lockbox (separately in AH)

Nightmare crow head (horns)- Bloodmoon

Mouth piece...I can’t remember. I think Crusader

I also have eye accessory samurai.