test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Build for a Bestial Based Tank

alisonkaufmannalisonkaufmann Posts: 17 Arc User
edited December 2017 in Builds and Roles
I'm not too bound to the Bestial theme, I just wanted the claws and bleeds. The character is cybernetically enhanced and a weapons master, so I've taken things like Energy Shield and Eye of the Storm, but the build is definitely in need of some tidying, as it's all over the place now (I took Bolas and Miniaturization Drive for some reason...). I would like to be able to use it to tank Cosmics one day.

Best Answer

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Invuln may be better passive to handle tough trash packs like that, though the basics of surviving would be the same.

Conviction is just a maintenance heal; should not be needed most of the time you can just use Thrash to stay up, but there may be times where its not easy to get or stay in melee range and the extra healing can help in between your longer cds. Keep in mind those packs aren't really balanced for solo play, but can be a sort of stress test. You could maybe try a heal like Bionic Shielding for solo, though in groups its better for Support to use that on you. Changing your block could also help in some areas (dmg block or something like Ebon Void's VD), though again the disparity in solo vs. team practices may impact the build.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!

Answers

Here's a Bestial tank build using Thrash, since its a nice dps + heal move for a tank:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.3.2-28

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Behemoth (Str: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Infernal Bolts
    Level 1: Shred (Rank 2, Penetrating Strikes, Challenge!)
    Level 6: Supernatural Power
    Level 8: Aspect of the Bestial
    Level 11: Defiance
    Level 14: Venomous Breath (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Thrash (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
    Level 23: Eviscerate (Rank 2, Messy)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Laser Knight)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge
    Level 35: Pounce (Furious Rush)
    Level 38: Aggressor (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Sets up Bleeds and Shredded w/ Shred, and then channels Thrash, while tapping Evis every 1-2 channels to refresh debuffs and proc AotB. I used a Supernatural AoE to fit the build's framework, and also cause EotS won't proc AotB here. Gears mostly for Con, w/ some Str and End/Rec.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • alisonkaufmannalisonkaufmann Posts: 17 Arc User
    I haven't used Thrash and Evis much, but are they enough to make up for not having Massacre? Thanks for the work, by the way.
    edited December 2017
    Yea, Thrash is akin to DE in Infernal- high base dps and some decent self-healing to boot. Its a nice main attack to tank with. Just keep in mind that it alone can't proc AotB (which Shred and Evis help with).
  • alisonkaufmannalisonkaufmann Posts: 17 Arc User
    Alright, so after playing with the build a bit in QWZ, I have some questions.

1) How am I supposed to use Conviction? I'm not sure I understand it... the CD is short, but the heal is small (like 7-8%?), and the bonus health is wiped out immediately. Maybe I misunderstood a mechanic.

2) On the tough QWZ packs solo, I was able to keep myself alive with a lot of EotS spam and Shredding. I struggle against those packs now (granted, I have 10 min experience with this build). Are there some tricks for soloing tougher packs, or a way to alter my pack mechanics, or is this build meant to have support like a team would?

Thanks again!