test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request for PSS Ego, SS Dex TK/TP DPS that revolves around Collective Will/Mind Break

How should I go about this? I've tried out Collective Will on my TK Melee out of curiosity and I found its combo with Mind Break interesting. But I'm completely clueless on CCing so I don't know which CC skills to take.

Btw, does Crit and Ignore Resistance stack with each other?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I find Collective Will to be a bit unreliable w/ its AI and the extra proc condition. It can still work as an added dps entity and to apply Stress w/ its adv- when it behaves. Its pretty easy to apply Stress already w/ TK Blades, though, and I don't find Mind Break's Stress rupture to be that compelling (nor is it usually a great idea to end a dmg debuff stack). TK already has ample burst dps tools w/o the Mind Break rupture thing anyways (and Mind Break's base dps isn't that great either). Also, generally to CC as melee it can be as simple as adding an in-set stun like EB Astonish (and/or using knock-downs_ups), but TK Maelstorm is also good for AoE stuns and getting Ego Leech stacks (though its a bit costly).

I'm not sure what you mean by crit and -resist stacking. They function quite differently and apply to diff parts of damage layering, but they don't generally share a DR curve (like, say, Dex's crit and crit rating do).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • avalon#6604 avalon Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    > @flowcyto said:
    > I find Collective Will to be a bit unreliable w/ its AI and the extra proc condition. It can still work as an added dps entity and to apply Stress w/ its adv- when it behaves. Its pretty easy to apply Stress already w/ TK Blades, though, and I don't find Mind Break's Stress rupture to be that compelling (nor is it usually a great idea to end a dmg debuff stack). TK already has ample burst dps tools w/o the Mind Break rupture thing anyways (and Mind Break's base dps isn't that great either). Also, generally to CC as melee it can be as simple as adding an in-set stun like EB Astonish (and/or using knock-downs_ups), but TK Maelstorm is also good for AoE stuns and getting Ego Leech stacks (though its a bit costly).
    >
    > I'm not sure what you mean by crit and -resist stacking. They function quite differently and apply to diff parts of damage layering, but they don't generally share a DR curve (like, say, Dex's crit and crit rating do).

Ah, this was for a Ranged char btw. But I see... I guess I can still get Collective Will R3 if I go with a standard Ranged TK build.

How about if I want to go with a TP DoT build? Which Stats would be best for it?

Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it :)
    Post edited by avalon#6604 on
    edited December 2017
    Well I saw 'TK melee' in the OP, so I just assumed- but the basic principle doesn't change that much for ranged TK either, tbh. That said, rupturing Dependency (debuff from Mental Leech, but also via some advs on TK powers) can be useful.. though for burst healing and not for dps (rather, using it for the heal regularly prob means lowering overall dps via ending Stress constantly and using a blast). So Mind Break could still be useful, but it kinda depends what ur main goals are for the build/concept.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    edited December 2017
    Honestly, I just wanted a DPS with a bit different playstyle XD

Anyway, I'm currently planning to run with this build. Dropped Mind Break, but kept Collective Will. I'm not sure if I'll go with Telekinetic Barrage(R2+Dazzle) or Telekinetic Maelstrom for my AoE+Stun because I can't try them out yet till I reach level 20 with this character.

Ranged DEX (EGO Prime) EGO - Freeform
    v2.3.2-28

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Disciple (Dex: 10, Int: 8, Ego: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Indomintable (Ego: 8)
    Level 9: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Tireless (Rec: 8)
    Level 15: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Agile (Dex: 8)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Psi Lash
    Level 1: Telekinetic Strike (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Concentration
    Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 14: Telekinetic Barrage (Rank 2, Dazzle)
    Level 17: Mind Wipe
    Level 20: Telekinetic Assault (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Collective Will (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Masterful Dodge
    Level 29: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Lock N Load (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Mental Impact (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Jet Boots (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (1/3)
    Ego: Aggression (2/2)
    Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

But as I've also said, I'm curious if a Telepath DoT build(Not Mind Break focused) is also viable for DPS. If it is, then I might go with that instead.
    Post edited by avalon#6604 on
    TP isn't really a good dps set atm, imo- mainly cause its main filler are blasts, but the set still has some use for providing debuffs, healing, and CCing in general. You can still make a workable dps build out of it, but kinda like Earth atm I wouldn't expect very good results in that aspect.

With regards to TK Barrage and TK Maelstrom: both are good in their own ways, though Maelstrom has a cd so I wouldn't really consider one a replacement for the other. I would also prob be using TK Shards w/ the Stress refresh adv if ur using TKA over TK Lance. Also, you prob want the extra cost discount form maxing Insight here, since TKA, Maelstrom, and/or Barrage can be a bit costly (and "+Offense from items" options aren't really that great unless ur using specific Offense-boosting sets).
    Ego Infusion seems to be better than Refresh, plus I don't really like the cooldown on Shards.

With that said...

v2.3.2-28

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Psi Lash
    Level 1: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 8: Concentration
    Level 11: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Telekinetic Barrage (Rank 2, Dazzle)
    Level 17: Mind Wipe
    Level 23: Telekinetic Lance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Collective Will (Rank 2, Consume Will)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge
    Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Lock N Load (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Insight (3/3)

As per suggestion, I maxed Insight instead of Aggression. I also replaced Telekinetic Strike with Telekinetic Lance. My source of Stress is now Collective Will.

Should I actually pick End over Rec as SS because both my Primary Single and AoE attacks are Maintains?
    Outside of AoE, it doesn't seem like you have an easy Ego Leech stacking ability to optimize TKA and TKL. I guess you could build up Stress and EL using Will and Barrage (or w/ the ult, but that's a longer cd), but that seems a bit convoluted for single targets (when something as simple as a TK Strike w/ Stress -> TKL alternating rotation already gives good results and covers Stress + ELeech). I may save Collective Will for a more dedicated TP toon, where it + Summon Nightmares could help w/ TP's single-target dps, but its up to you.

Rec SS scales up TK Reverb, so I'd prob keep that.
    Finally reached level 20+ and tested out the final tier powers. The build is now like this...

v2.3.2-28

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Psi Lash (Psychic Reverberations)
    Level 1: Telekinetic Strike (Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Chilled Form
    Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 14: Telekinetic Barrage (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Telekinetic Shards (Impaled)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Masterful Dodge
    Level 29: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Lock N Load (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Mind Wipe

Travel Powers
    Level 35: Upload (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
    Ego: Insight (3/3)

I want to get TK Lance just so I could build up Ego Leech faster but I don't know which power to replace. I don't want to remove any of my attack powers though...
    It kinda depends if you wanna use TKA or not. TK Strike w/ adv and TKL is enough for single targets w/o needing any other TK attacks. You can stick to the TK Strike w/ adv + Shards w/ adv + TKA set instead and that can work, but the only issue there is it takes a while to build Stress and EL w/o TKL's buff, so it has more effective windup time. Adding TKL w/ that is ofc adding 2 more power slots vs. the normal TKL rotation, and TKA + TKL clash heads a bit in both being high ST dps.

I suppose if you wanted the full monty w/ TKA and TKL you could just axe one of the later defense or utility powers. Up to you.
    I fairly lag during fights so I prefer TKA as I only need to hold it down. I really don't know which of Resurgence, Masterful Dodge, or Mind Wipe I'll remove though because I haven't done any of the end game content yet. But I guess if I have to pick, it'll be Resurgence?
    Yea, that can work. To me its a toss-up between that, the AO, the ult, or the threat wipe, but ranged TK can do enough dps optimally that a threat wipe isn't necc a bad idea.