test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You Must Be Level 10 To Use This Costume Token?

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited December 2017 in Champions Online Discussion
I only noticed this a few days ago and I'll like to kown exclay why and when this happened?, Cuz something rather new to me.

So, what I miss?
Psi.

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    cryneting said:
    Yeah, poeple were abusing the system, so they changed it. That's all you really need to know about it.
  • cryneting said:
    Yeah, poeple were abusing the system, so they changed it. That's all you really need to know about it.

Annoying, but understandable

I just wish the costume changing overall, didn't cost G
    Psi.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    cryneting wrote: »

Better it cost Resources than it cost Zen.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Well at lvl 10 it’s not much at all.

It doesn’t make sense though the higher level you get the more it cost....as if your battle stained undies cost more now to remove.

The argument is “you make more G at higher level”

And? What if I don’t want to do anything but tailor? What purpose is higher tailor fee besides an attempt to say “hey...why don’t you buy some new costume slot“
    edited December 2017
    cryneting said:

True...
    deadman20 said:

Also True...lol
    gradii said:

It doesn't on STO, true mystery why CO doesn't catch up.​​

Who knows...though, when I suggested that they remove the costs...the answer was basically "not going to happen." I wish they would reconsider, for, despite the ability to make more Gs at higher levels (just barely really), the amount you earn is still very small overall, especially if you are a casual. Cause, as I pointed out before, the quickest way to earn Gs, is to open lockboxes and sell the stuff inside, typically with inflated prices. In truth, they need to remove the tailor costs, and even the exchange fee. Neither are present in STO, which allows people to adjust their costumes as they see fit, and even allow new players to be able to post things on the exchange they want to sell to earn some money to buy that one weapon they want.

Of course, another quick way is to grind cosmics, despite not wanting to grind cosmics, cause you hate the fights, just for the off chance a costume piece drops so you can sell it on the exchange. But, over all, lockbox stuff is the real way to get rich quick.

I mean, most games have this issue. That they want you to do the content, even if you don't want to do it. So, they gate stuff you want behind stuff you don't want to do...or...can't do for some reason or other (undergeared, no friends, no guilds(SGs in CO's case), so on and so forth, the list of why you can't do them is numerous). Blizzard finally, after a decade, made wow more friendlier to those that have small guilds or are not in a guild, with a combination of LFG/LFR, and mythic plus dungeons. You do not need friends or even a guild to do mythic pluses, and getting the gear needed to even step into mythic pluses is easy enough to get through questings. This approach is actually casual friendly. Is it perfect? No, there will always be flaws, no matter how good it is.

I personally wish that more games (like CO) would follow suit and create content that would allow casual players to do, and earn the same rewards that those that bash their faces against high level content earn. But, this will most likely not happen (at least, not in CO).

No, this is not a cry for easier stuff. It is quite possible to make challenging content that a solo player can do if they want, or even content a casual can do.

You know what, I'll just say this...CO needs to be overhauled from the ground up really. But, that will not happen.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    gradii said:

Compare the genres and the character editors and you might get an inkling. Long story short: character costumes are just a bigger deal here. CO has no catching up to do.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    gradii said:

Games need resource sinks (and they need to be things people do). A lot of games rely on consumables (ammo, fuel, healing, repairs) for their resource sink, but you don't really need consumables in CO; the only real sinks in CO at the moment are costume changes and retcons.

gradii said:

Games need resource sinks (and they need to be things people do). A lot of games rely on consumables (ammo, fuel, healing, repairs) for their resource sink, but you don't really need consumables in CO; the only real sinks in CO at the moment are costume changes and retcons.
    And the only real resource sink in STO is your Fleet Base Building stuff...and the exchange...beyond those two things, there is no resource sink in STO, so, no, games do not need resource sinks. There are actually plenty of games that have in game money and resources, that really do not have sinks for them. It's actually kinda asinine to think that all games need resource sinks. Even WoW doesn't have a real gold sink beyond the Acution House and the vendor with the 2+ Million Gold spider mount. In fact, most games do not have any real forms of in game currency sinks, beyond the player ran Auction Houses. CO is one of the few games that I've played that actually DO have SEVERAL sinks for Gs. The exchange, the tailor, and respecing. And with how expensive respecing is along with prices people ask for in the exchange, tailoring doesn't really need to be a sink.

And that games that rely on consumables...the consumables are typically cheap enough that even those, once you hit a certain point in those games, are not even a sink. I have played so many mmos, and other games with currency, that I have never personally ran out of currency in any of those games, CO is the only exception due to the hidieous costs involved in the tailor and respecing. In most games that allow respecing...its not that expensive to do. CO is the exception, its expensive to do. Especially considering that its not easy to earn that type of G. Obviously, they want you to buy the respec from their zen store, but, even so, its not really fair to those that do not have money. But, that is mostly my opinion, take it as you will.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

gradii said:

Compare the genres and the character editors and you might get an inkling. Long story short: character costumes are just a bigger deal here. CO has no catching up to do.
    Neverwinter charges zen for changing your body or face in any way. Sliders, hair color, skin color, etc. :s
    biffsig.jpg
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User

Neverwinter charges zen for changing your body or face in any way. Sliders, hair color, skin color, etc. :s

Remember when it costs 10k of diamonds just to change the appearance of your armor piece? I know they reduce the price, but that was like a year after I left the game.

edited December 2017

And the only real resource sink in STO is your Fleet Base Building stuff...and the exchange...beyond those two things, there is no resource sink in STO, so, no, games do not need resource sinks. There are actually plenty of games that have in game money and resources, that really do not have sinks for them. It's actually kinda asinine to think that all games need resource sinks. Even WoW doesn't have a real gold sink beyond the Acution House and the vendor with the 2+ Million Gold spider mount. In fact, most games do not have any real forms of in game currency sinks, beyond the player ran Auction Houses. CO is one of the few games that I've played that actually DO have SEVERAL sinks for Gs. The exchange, the tailor, and respecing. And with how expensive respecing is along with prices people ask for in the exchange, tailoring doesacn't really need to be a sink.

All games have resource sinks, or they have inflated in-game economies. A third option is that they don't have anything meaningful for you to do with your currency and it becomes irrelevant ( seen a few games like that ).

And that games that rely on consumables...the consumables are typically cheap enough that even those, once you hit a certain point in those games, are not even a sink. I have played so many mmos, and other games with currency, that I have never personally ran out of currency in any of those games, CO is the only exception due to the hidieous costs involved in the tailor and respecing. In most games that allow respecing...its not that expensive to do. CO is the exception, its expensive to do. Especially considering that its not easy to earn that type of G. Obviously, they want you to buy the respec from their zen store, but, even so, its not really fair to those that do not have money. But, that is mostly my opinion, take it as you will.

Is that your opinion on both tailor costs and retcon costs? Cause, those are significantly different amounts we're talking about. I doubt anyone has trouble coming up with the resources to pay for their tailor costs.

The costs have been explained in the past by the way. Devs stated that super heroes don't commonly just flip their powers day to day and that the costs are there to disaude people from just chasing the "flavor of the month" builds. They give out free retcons when significant changes occur because that's a special case - in the case of only a power or two being significantly changed they basically give you a free retcon for that power. Absent any significant balance changes it should be a big deal if "Burning Wombat Man" suddenly becomes "Ice Sorcerer Guy", and it's not something that should happen frequently just because Wombat Man heard that being a Sorcerer is the new OP thing to be. Yes, you still have creative control over your character - the costs slow down the process but don't eliminate it. If you really want Ice Sorcerer Guy in your roster you can always start him up at level 1. On the business side, it makes people more likely to do something to get more slots, rather than just changing one character over and over to effectively play everything possible ( I tried that with my first few FF slots, eventually gave in and got more slots, lel ).

Btw, since it's relevant to the topic. Until recently, my character Xyrixa was TK Blades, and Kagami was TK ranged, while a third character Sakura was dual blades. I decided that I wanted Kagami to be TK blades, so I fully retconned her with resources. Xyrixa became my new laser sword tank, full retcon with resources. Sakura then became TK Ranged, full retcon with resources. Just in case you think I only have my opinion because somehow I'm not effected ^_^

everwinter charges zen for changing your body or face in any way. Sliders, hair color, skin color, etc. :s

Ew :o
    edited December 2017
    spinnytop said:

All games have resource sinks, or they have inflated in-game economies. A third option is that they don't have anything meaningful for you to do with your currency and it becomes irrelevant ( seen a few games like that ).

You kinda said what I did, and a little more, for most games, I've noticed that the in-game economies, are indeed inflated...like CO's is. And yeah, I've played those games were the currency becomes more or less irrelevant. Kinda how I pointed out the thing about the consumables.
    spinnytop said:

Is that your opinion on both tailor costs and retcon costs? Cause, those are significantly different amounts we're talking about. I doubt anyone has trouble coming up with the resources to pay for their tailor costs.

The costs have been explained in the past by the way. Devs stated that super heroes don't commonly just flip their powers day to day and that the costs are there to disaude people from just chasing the "flavor of the month" builds. They give out free retcons when significant changes occur because that's a special case - in the case of only a power or two being significantly changed they basically give you a free retcon for that power. Absent any significant balance changes it should be a big deal if "Burning Wombat Man" suddenly becomes "Ice Sorcerer Guy", and it's not something that should happen frequently just because Wombat Man heard that being a Sorcerer is the new OP thing to be. Yes, you still have creative control over your character - the costs slow down the process but don't eliminate it. If you really want Ice Sorcerer Guy in your roster you can always start him up at level 1. On the business side, it makes people more likely to do something to get more slots, rather than just changing one character over and over to effectively play everything possible ( I tried that with my first few FF slots, eventually gave in and got more slots, lel ).

Btw, since it's relevant to the topic. Until recently, my character Xyrixa was TK Blades, and Kagami was TK ranged, while a third character Sakura was dual blades. I decided that I wanted Kagami to be TK blades, so I fully retconned her with resources. Xyrixa became my new laser sword tank, full retcon with resources. Sakura then became TK Ranged, full retcon with resources. Just in case you think I only have my opinion because somehow I'm not effected ^_^

everwinter charges zen for changing your body or face in any way. Sliders, hair color, skin color, etc. :s

Ew :o
    Mostly my opinion about the tailor. The costs there, just are not really needed. Also, the only people that do not have trouble coming up witht eh resources for tailor costs, are either those that are making only minor or small amounts of changes, and thus keep the cost down, or those that grind for many hours during the day. Otherwise, if you look at the way a casual player plays...they can struggle. Trust me, I'm casual, and unless I am selling lockbox stuff, I tend to not have the resources I need to actually pay even for tailor costs. Also, the costs for tailor changes...might not seem high, if, and only if, you are doing, only minor changes, and only changing one costume. If you are changing lots of costumes in one go, along with massive amounts of changes per costume, it adds up real quickly, especially for people with lots of costume slots, I once spent over 600Gs in one day on tailor costs alone on my main. The last time I checked...600Gs is more than the cost for a full respec (which is somewhere between 400Gs and 500Gs if what I read recently is correct). So, ultimately, tailor costs, are dependant on what type of changes you are doing.

As for retcons, yes, I know the reason for those costs, and while expensive, I will not ask for them to remove that, maybe reduce it a little bit, but nothing outrageous. So, I'll not argue about that, was just saying the cost was hideious.

As for why neverwinter would require that for changing the physical features of your character .... well ... most characters in that universe are not dopplegangers/changlings. Thus, just like in real life, you are stuck with who you are...unless you get plastic surgery. Though...with how easy it is to change hair color in real life due to dyes...that part is a little surprising.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

cryneting said:
    I'm sure the addition of free costume tokens to the lockboxes had something to do with the change as well.
    edited December 2017
    draogn said:

I'm sure the addition of free costume tokens to the lockboxes had something to do with the change as well.

I think I saw this thing develop in-game and if I read the situation correctly, the change to the tokens was made in direct response to the devs learning how people were using them (create character, skip tutorial, get token, use token, delete character, repeat forever and never pay again). To be honest, it was when I learned about the "exploit". I had these tokens on all my characters but had never used them because I thought it was a "your next costume change is free" kinda deal just for that character that used the token, so I didn't wanna waste it on a 4L change.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that at that point the decision had been made to change the tokens, and they probably hadn't even thought of putting them in lockboxes. Seems to me like they later figured people actually put some value on these things so, why not stick them in the boxes as an extra consolation prize.

Regarding the costs of retconning, what spinny said is true (the reason behind the cost of retconning). We could go back to the days where there was a limit of probably... less than 100g to retcon, but you wouldn't like that because that was when we could only retcon our last 10 power choices; everything else was locked in permanently. So count your blessings that it's only 500g now, and not a character wipe and restart at level 1! :#

And for people who can't afford tailor fees, really? Get some resource boosts and run some Smashes. If you're changing up 80 costumes on one character, that sucks, but you can only wear one at a time, right? Get a few Gs, change your current costume, run some more Smashes for the next costume, repeat. I dunno what you're doing with that many costumes though, and why you'd need to make huge sweeping changes to all of them to run up such a high bill on one character, but I'd really like to know. Genuinely.
    biffsig.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    But NW has ground vehicles. Like giant ridable hogs.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited December 2017
    draogn said:

Naw, the costume tokens in lockboxes happened after the change. Though, if planned ahead, yeah, that could have attributed to it as well.

draogn said:

I think I saw this thing develop in-game and if I read the situation correctly, the change to the tokens was made in direct response to the devs learning how people were using them (create character, skip tutorial, get token, use token, delete character, repeat forever and never pay again). To be honest, it was when I learned about the "exploit". I had these tokens on all my characters but had never used them because I thought it was a "your next costume change is free" kinda deal just for that character that used the token, so I didn't wanna waste it on a 4L change.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that at that point the decision had been made to change the tokens, and they probably hadn't even thought of putting them in lockboxes. Seems to me like they later figured people actually put some value on these things so, why not stick them in the boxes as an extra consolation prize.

Regarding the costs of retconning, what spinny said is true (the reason behind the cost of retconning). We could go back to the days where there was a limit of probably... less than 100g to retcon, but you wouldn't like that because that was when we could only retcon our last 10 power choices; everything else was locked in permanently. So count your blessings that it's only 500g now, and not a character wipe and restart at level 1! :#

And for people who can't afford tailor fees, really? Get some resource boosts and run some Smashes. If you're changing up 80 costumes on one character, that sucks, but you can only wear one at a time, right? Get a few Gs, change your current costume, run some more Smashes for the next costume, repeat. I dunno what you're doing with that many costumes though, and why you'd need to make huge sweeping changes to all of them to run up such a high bill on one character, but I'd really like to know. Genuinely.
    Yes, that was indeed the exploit for the reason for the change. And that was also how I viewed them as well.

I've been playing since betas, and I don't ever remember that being the way it was. But, I do remember the price being over 900Gs back than for a full retcon. So, yeah, I am glad they did bring it down to between 400Gs and 500Gs. As I said in my previous post, I understand and am not arguing about that. Just that the cost is to high. But, with how inflated costs are in the exchange for items...that might as well stay that way. Till the day people are not making a killing in the exchange off stuff because people can no longer control the prices...well, the retcon needs to be high. But, they will never fix the ingame economy to be better and less inflated.

Your "Get some resource boosts and run some smashes." assumes they are not casuals really. You really need to look at it from the point of view of someone that plays less than an hour a day (hell, maybe even less than 30 minutes a day), and not from the view of someone that plays for many hours on end.

As for why I needed the sweeping changes? Simple, his costumes at the time were ugly to the point that it might as well been a sin. So, they needed to be updated with new parts, colors, themes, etc. And I have been doing the same for many other toons, basically "modernizing" their costumes to look better and smoother and not ugly. Thankfully...other than my main, I think the most I have on any other toons is about twenty costumes. And I change between my costumes a lot. I love making costumes, and I love making characters, hence why I have 170 characters with 107 level 40s. People that don't have lots of costumes or characters couldn't understand how certain things in the game really suck for people like me, well, maybe after they look at it from the point of view that I have (and possibly others with my type of problems). Just because something doesn't affect you as negetively as me, doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

Thankfully, due to me being a LTSer...retcons are not an issue for me, which is another reason I am not really arguing about that price range, other than saying it is to high. I rarely change my toons, more often than not, the reason they get a power change is when Cryptic changes a power and thus forces a retcon.

But, yeah, I have about 150 more costumes that I want to update. Most will cost around 8Gs for the changes I have planned. So, if we conclude that 8Gs would be a fair estimate for the average for changes...that would be 1200Gs. Thankfully, I have a little over 1000Gs due to my recent sells of lockbox stuff. While to people that spend hours on end grinding for stuff, 200Gs might not seem that bad, but, to someone like me, that HATES grinding (with a passion I might add, if there were daily quests that were actually fun and engaging, I would do those, but there isn't), and plus that fact that my average time on when not being a Judge in a Costume Contest, is roughyl around 25 minutes...that 200Gs...seems far off. Unless I sell some more lockbox stuff. So, now do you see where I am coming from?

Don't get me wrong, I used to be in the game for hours upon end, how else do you think I have 107 level 40s? But, the game play has gotten really stale, no real content to do at max level, and the leveling experience is lacking, either do boring quests that I have done almost 107 times before, or grind Grab alerts, which I have also done more than I even realize, I'd estimate at least one thousand runs in Grab alerts. Could be less, could be more, not sure.

Because of how I really do not like doing the story quests nor grab alerts anymore, or the cosmics, which I did often enough for many months, making costumes is what I enjoy the most of the game. So, while I am not asking for the removal of the tailoring cost, I am asking for a reduction in the costs. Or, at least, something else to make earning Gs easier, beyond grinding smashes. After all, my luck with smashes is that the groups I get stuck with fail them. So, yeah...take your pick on how to solve this. But, do not say "Resource boosts and grind smashes." Time for people to start thinking about it from the point of view of players that don't play often, or even for long periods of time.
    8g is about two Smashes. A Smash takes usually no longer than 2 minutes, but very often much less than that. That fits in anyone's 30 minute timeframe. I literally haven't seen a Smash loss in probably years, due to it being mostly level 40s who can often solo the Smash running them continuously. You say you're limited to 30 minutes at a time sometimes? The Smashes would be a fraction of that time and would leave you with plenty more time for your costumes. The only way I can see that doing Smashes wouldn't be a great idea is if you didn't have any 40s but you seem to be in good supply of those. Or maybe all your characters are terribly built and have questing greens and blues? Not trying to be mean, I'm really wondering since our experiences are wildly different here. In either case I'd say pick up some cheap Mercenary gear. Some people give that stuff away. You also don't seem to be averse to opening up lockboxes so you probably have a nice supply of the boosts. Even if you don't, some people even give them away too. I can't say much about your monumental bad luck on running the Smashes but I would ask, have you run them since they got changed from XP rewards to Resources? Because back then was the only time I remember that Smashes had a high failure rate.

I also have a lot of characters, around a hundred if I remember correctly, but I'm rarely playing more than two at a time. I do try to take other people's views and limitations into consideration, which is why I asked what you were doing that required such a high cost of tailoring, instead of just calling BS. So if I have a lot of changes I'm gonna be making, I'm not going to go through over 90 characters to change all their costumes all at once. Typically, I'll change a character's costume when I decide to play them again. With limited playtime, I doubt you're just itching to play 170 characters. I know I'm not. And that's why my advice to just change whoever you're playing at the moment and leave the others for another time.

All this said, I've always thought the tailor prices were silly and rather pointless, so I don't disagree that lowering them would be anything but a nice perk. I'm not arguing against it.

As for the 10 level retcon thing, it didn't stick around for very long. I had a few characters that had perks from the open beta event that I deleted because they were past that 10 level mark and I wanted to make sure I had their builds just right before committing. But then that restriction went poof and I been shaking my fists at Cryptic over those perks ever since.
    biffsig.jpg
    Hard to find info on the limited respec since old news articles from the site are gone now but here's a discussion about it on GameFAQs.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944930-champions-online/51106465
    biffsig.jpg
  • deadman20 said:

cryneting wrote: »

good point
    Psi.
    gradii said:

ut CO has to catch up to STO for sure. I'm not convinced by spinny's weak arguments.​​

Okay, you have fun with STO's tailor, I'll be here using CO's since that one seems 1000% better to me. Sorry you're not convinced. :)

8g is about two Smashes. A Smash takes usually no longer than 2 minutes, but very often much less than that. That fits in anyone's 30 minute timeframe. I literally haven't seen a Smash loss in probably years, due to it being mostly level 40s who can often solo the Smash running them continuously. You say you're limited to 30 minutes at a time sometimes? The Smashes would be a fraction of that time and would leave you with plenty more time for your costumes. The only way I can see that doing Smashes wouldn't be a great idea is if you didn't have any 40s but you seem to be in good supply of those. Or maybe all your characters are terribly built and have questing greens and blues? Not trying to be mean, I'm really wondering since our experiences are wildly different here. In either case I'd say pick up some cheap Mercenary gear. Some people give that stuff away. You also don't seem to be averse to opening up lockboxes so you probably have a nice supply of the boosts. Even if you don't, some people even give them away too. I can't say much about your monumental bad luck on running the Smashes but I would ask, have you run them since they got changed from XP rewards to Resources? Because back then was the only time I remember that Smashes had a high failure rate.

I also have a lot of characters, around a hundred if I remember correctly, but I'm rarely playing more than two at a time. I do try to take other people's views and limitations into consideration, which is why I asked what you were doing that required such a high cost of tailoring, instead of just calling BS. So if I have a lot of changes I'm gonna be making, I'm not going to go through over 90 characters to change all their costumes all at once. Typically, I'll change a character's costume when I decide to play them again. With limited playtime, I doubt you're just itching to play 170 characters. I know I'm not. And that's why my advice to just change whoever you're playing at the moment and leave the others for another time.

All this said, I've always thought the tailor prices were silly and rather pointless, so I don't disagree that lowering them would be anything but a nice perk. I'm not arguing against it.

As for the 10 level retcon thing, it didn't stick around for very long. I had a few characters that had perks from the open beta event that I deleted because they were past that 10 level mark and I wanted to make sure I had their builds just right before committing. But then that restriction went poof and I been shaking my fists at Cryptic over those perks ever since.

Yes, 8Gs, isn't that much. But, when you are talking about the amount of time I play, and the amount I need, it is more than it should be. As for you not losing Smashes...that is just luck on your end. I've the opposite luck, than again, I haven't done smashes in about a year, so, who knows how that will swing for me now. As for being terribly built, no, they are not, I follow the advise given by top players, and they are typically equiped with legion gear due to all the lockboxes I have opened in the past. So, in the end, its not my build that is bad, but my exacution of the build that is bad, along with my other team mates... Though, like I said, its been about a year since my last smash, so, maybe that will have changed for the better. Luck is luck, so people experience it differently than others.

For example, the game, ARK Suvival Evolved. Many players experience lots of bugs...meanwhile...I haven't seen even one bug in that game. So, my luck in that game has been very high concerning bugs (and it is a rather buggy game, so says others that play it). Now, on the flip side, when I was doing smashes last, most teams I got, failed them, while you are having successes, thats just luck, one of the toons I did use in a smash that was successful, the run had my toon, whcih had a joke build (did it on purpose to see how horrible the game would be for that toon), and four support. No one was doing any real damage, but we still won. That is also, an aspect of luck. For if you go by the builds and levels present at that time (I was the only 40, the others with between 25 and 30), we should have lost, but we succeeded. That was luck. Luck has a bigger play in things than most people realize.

Also, I don't need to pick up mercenary gear...I have over 100 of them sitting in my bank. XD

But, yeah, I have run smashes after the change, and even then, was getting losses more often than victories. Than again, someone did say that people tend to remember the bad things in life better than the good things in life. And I also tend to have a terrible memory, so chances are, I might have been winning more often than not, so, there might be that possibility. It's hard for me to say, due to having a bad memery.

True, I don't sit down and play all my characters all at once, I just want the Gs for the changes for when I do sit down and play them. Instead of not having the Gs for when I get to them. And yea, your advice is actually how I go about doing things. I just want the Gs before hand. But, hey, at least you are looking at it from other people's point of view. Most people tend not to.

Glad to see that we are on the same page about the tailor price though.

And, wow, I can't believe I didn't notice that restriction in place during that time frame. How long after launch did they change it? A week or two? Cause, that was a really stupid idea. So glad they changed it. Though, the cost of 900Gs or so, was to high, so glad they changed that also. Its still to high in my opinion, but, like I said, I am not arguing about that.
    spinnytop said:

gradii said:

ut CO has to catch up to STO for sure. I'm not convinced by spinny's weak arguments.​​

Okay, you have fun with STO's tailor, I'll be here using CO's since that one seems 1000% better to me. Sorry you're not convinced. :)
    While, there is indeed, a much smaller amount of costumes in STO than CO. There is actually more sliders in STO, than there are in CO. Including, a belly slider. So, yeah, each of the games have something the other doesn't. Like CO has better color options on costumes, as a whole, though, the Alien race in STO has a vast more skin color options than CO has. So, each has their virtue.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    There are so many words in this thread........

There are so many words in this thread........

Naw, not enough words.