test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Franklin Stone meant to be unbeatable or what?

Question's in the title.

Comments

• heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Assuming you don't have a great vehicle, for the first part of the gunship fight, don't bother with vehicles; if you're a ranged character or can fly, just unload on it with your normal powers.

The fast Hawkwing is probably my favorite for doing damage. Basically just hit 3, it's your big missile barrage, then hit 4, which is your instant energy refill, hit 3 again for another missile barrage, then just do 3 - reload - 3 until 4 recharges. That's the best I've been able to do when I don't have a better vehicle.

Oh, and don't forget, always be moving! Never stop, the second you stop and sit there is the instant Stone will target you with half a dozen instant death lasers. You can tell when they start spawning, just start strafing immediately!

When he changes buildings, get there ahead of him and kill the Engineer with your missile barrage. Otherwise he'll fire that green stream of healing at the gunship.

Unfortunately, a lot is just dependent on whether you get good teammates.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    It's not necessarily a bad idea to have a team mate who wipes the buildings clean while the rest fight.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    So Basically the fight is pretty simple (barring bugs) Franklin's ship goes to one of three buildings, one after the other, looking for heals while fighting the heroes until the timer runs out. Once you get to know the locations of the buildings it's essential that you get to the buildings ahead of Franklin Stone to take out the healers. Powers that knock are extremely useful here. Knocking these guys off the building is always going to be faster then killing them outright as they have two bars of health and and unless you're coordinating most people can't one shot them. If they're able to heal Franklin at all this can make this fight very difficult for low DPS teams. Locate the engineers and take them out fast. The other goons can do a lot of damage but they can be easily avoided by simply flying out of range so you don't actually need to kill them. You have to kill the engineer though. If you can take him out before Franklin's ship arrives you're going to have a much easier time with this mission.

If you're fighting him in a vehicle always keep moving, if you're on low health and nobody is healing you fly away out of range and wait for your vehicle to heal on it's own. One of the advantage of vehicles is they're very fast and can get out of agro range and start healing very quickly. This will almost always be faster then dying and rejoining the fight unless you're back at the office where you spawn.

If you're fighting him with a toon that flies be very selective when using any power that roots you to the spot while it charges. Only use those powers after the laser drones have spawned. If you have powers that allow you to move and attack at the same time you should always keep moving, especially when the laser drones have been out for a while and are likely to respawn.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I've noticed the laser things can be killed, not sure how useful that is.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User

I've noticed the laser things can be killed, not sure how useful that is.

I'd say not at all, as far as I can tell killing them doesn't seem to stop them from respawning, so killing them, unless someone has evidence to the contrary, is only very temporary relief.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    A vehicle with Incendiary Round is good at clearing out the mooks on buildings. Though as guy noted above, knocks are great too.

Taking out the laser drones isn't terribly useful, but I find that I end up taking some out when I'm using Incendiary Round on Stone's ship. It at least clears the field a bit. But the laser drones are really only a threat when initially summoned, as they usually target one person and their combined focus fire can shred a person within 1 or 2 seconds. The best action to take against the drones is to keep moving.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!