test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Player collision

aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
I do like player collision in general, but on some fights it can be a huge pain for melee dps.
To be able to disable collision, for a cost, I'd like a toggle device that removes collision (maybe usable only in combat).

Comments

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    While I do like the idea, I can't help but think that it could cause unintended glitches/bugs. Like maybe suddenly being swallowed up by the ground while running, costume pieces clipping(even more so), getting knocked then going into/through buildings/walls/etc.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Setting nocollision only affects collision with characters, tunneling and teleportation currently set it. It would, however, allow you to move inside of your target's hitbox, which might cause undesirable effects.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Or just get rid of it entirely. It'd be a bit more tolerable if it worked properly, but right now, "player collision" just means getting shoved around (without really ever being able to shove back) when you try to move near a group of people, getting stuck in a wall of people when you need to move away from something, etc. Player collision should be killed with fire. Disabled player collision works fine in a ton of other games, so this one would probably be just fine without it.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Get rid of it entirely is a bit of an over-reaction - no reason whatsoever to implement such a sweeping game-wide change due to a small portion of content. Who knows what negative side effects would arise from such an irresponsible move. A device? Could be a viable option. Personally I'd rather they just change the design to disperse the melee pile some more in a way that doesn't allow us to just outright buff our dps presence at cosmics. Some sort of "Phaseatron 5000" device could be neat tho... make it lock out travel powers for funsies :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    well... make it treated as a TP device :p oh wait... TP disabling effects might be an issue then...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters