test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Ego blades good now?

kelbornekelborne Posts: 61 Arc User
My main's original build was ego blades, but back then it was a pain to make effective. It constantly had energy issues and the damage was okay at best. I heard it recently got a major overhaul. How does it stack up to other melee sets now.

Also, the new tk ult, ego blade pandemonium looks interesting due to being a low cd and a toggle. How does that fair?

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Telekenisis is in general now one of the best power sets, and the melee part is no exception. It has all the types of utility but one, and does great damage as well, though with slightly more demanding rotations than other power sets.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Can't say I had much issue with the old Ego blades. They worked very well for me.

But while I haven't used my Ego blade toon too much since the rework, I'd have to agree that it's good. Energy management is much easier with the newer version of the energy unlock.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Ego Blades is one of the best Melee DPS now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CNgaixSduM
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Go either Dex or Ego Prime and stack Dex. I heard Ego prime is better though since it has high crit chance. Even higher when paired with AoPM.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Damage are very similar but Ego Prime is better on Defense bonus. o3o
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    I use TK blades for tanking, but 2 powers have a problem with their anim interfering with BLOCK activation: TK Weaponry (the combo) and TK Annihilation.

If you are fighting Ape and Dino, you may get lucky to get the 3 strikes from the combo off, but more than likely the anim will prevent your block from activating in time and you can get splatted. Better to just do 2 strikes from the combo and block. TK Annihilation is more forgiving, but if you start it late and the Ape/Dino strike sooner, you may go splat because block didn't activate in time.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    They are amazing
    Ego blade pandemonium is simply devasting for melee TK​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    avianos said:

They are amazing

Ego blade pandemonium is simply devasting for melee TK​​

Yes, more blades good. Plus I keep Warlock's Blades up as much as possible (scales with the TK passive). Six blades of death!

(What? I ran out of points before I could rank up Pandemonium.)
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Yes, my main finally came into his own. I'm always visibly ranked on Cosmic scoreboards and can capably solo most QWZ missions.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Hmm, do the WBs really get a bonus from Id Mastery and Ego Form? I thought I tried that and didn't see a difference. I will have to try again.

Yes, more blades good. Plus I keep Warlock's Blades up as much as possible (scales with the TK passive). Six blades of death!

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User

Hmm, do the WBs really get a bonus from Id Mastery and Ego Form? I thought I tried that and didn't see a difference. I will have to try again.

They are proper pets, so not directly, no.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • dletodleto Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I'm coming back to the game for the first time since shortly after release. I remember my favorite build back then was Ego blades, so its good to hear its still viable. How would I go about setting up an Ego Blades character now?
    edited November 2017
    Here's a basic dps template you can start with, or edit as you like:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.3.2-26

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Ego Blade
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Mental Discipline
    Level 8: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3, Id Blades)
    Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 14: Ego Blade Frenzy (Rank 2, Mental Block)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 23: Ego Blade Dash
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 32: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Telekinetic Reinforcement)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 28/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Power Swell (2/2)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Last few powers can be w/e ya want. Some of the stats, pwoers, advs, and specs could change a bit (like using Brawler + Setup, using a defensive passive in the Hybrid role instead of an offensive one in the meele role, taking Siphoning Strikes, using a diff SS setup, etc) if desired. This one gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and Rec, and skips severity rating no gear if/when it gets Dex Mastery.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    > @pandoraslockbox said:
    > "DEX blades" are overpowered. >_>

I respectfully disagree. Ego Blades were simply underperforming before the review. It's still surpassed in DPS by other builds, some of which are ranged. Powered Armor and Munitions come readily to mind.
    edited November 2017

"DEX blades" are overpowered. >_>

> @pandoraslockbox said:

> "DEX blades" are overpowered. >_>

I respectfully disagree. Ego Blades were simply underperforming before the review. It's still surpassed in DPS by other builds, some of which are ranged. Powered Armor and Munitions come readily to mind.

How ever both [Mental Precision] and [Mental Discipline] scales with DEX.

And the EGO r9 Mods I had in my build changed to all DEX r9. Took so long time and money to fix this.
    And I'm worrying Ego power set return to scale Ego again. So I can't release all of my EGO Mods.
    Those are stocked in my bank. o3o
    I feel your pain, my friend.
    edited November 2017
    I'(m not afraid of nochin because I got shadwey cat with growy eyes AF somehow. o3o
    I just got heavily bleeded. o3o
    edited November 2017
    gradii said:

I challenge you to get 7-9k dps with munitions. MAYBE a heavily min maxed PA build can hit 7k still if overgeared.​​

I don't know what munitions build they're talking about but Ego Blades still isn't OP.
  • dletodleto Posts: 3 Arc User
    So the Ego stat isn't necessary for Ego Blades anymore?
    edited November 2017
    dleto said:

I mean, technically it wasn't strictly necc before since you could (can still) use FotT and Dex before. Ego (TK) Reverb used to scale w/ Ego, but for energy you didn't necc need to SS it either, or could just use a diff EU. TK Blades still have their passive dmg bonus scale from Ego, but ofc that soft-caps at 70 and is subject to DR, so its not overly important overall.
    dleto said:

Max DEX works better for ether EGO primary or DEX. o3o
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

dleto said:

I mean, technically it wasn't strictly necc before since you could (can still) use FotT and Dex before. Ego (TK) Reverb used to scale w/ Ego, but for energy you didn't necc need to SS it either, or could just use a diff EU. TK Blades still have their passive dmg bonus scale from Ego, but ofc that soft-caps at 70 and is subject to DR, so its not overly important overall.
    Wait, Ego soft caps at a score of 70, or a damage boost of 70 (SS bonus plus the basic stat bonus)? Because if the former, something is horribly broken in this game. My average ranged character hits a 70 Ego before even touching gear bonuses. I knew something about the community's laser-like focus on criticals annoyed me for some reason: in a rational game, building for sustainable, predictable damage should be as effective an approach as trying to game the random number generator in your favor.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
    Nah, that's only referring to the innate damage bonus that Ego gives to Ranged (and TK blades) outlined in white text on ur char sheet. Same thing for Str's melee bonus having a soft-cap. It doesn't refer to other dmg bonuses, like SS's (yellow text on char sheet) or slotted passives, which can end up being more in sum.

Wait, Ego soft caps at a score of 70, or a damage boost of 70 (SS bonus plus the basic stat bonus)? Because if the former, something is horribly broken in this game.

At a score of 70. I'm not sure why you think that means that something is horribly broken with the game, because I can assure you that it has been that way for years and everything's just fine.

But I don't feel so because we could say same things to every melee DPS. We can make similar build in every melee DPS power sets now.
    monaahiru said:

But I don't feel so because we could say same things to every melee DPS. We can make similar build in every melee DPS power sets now.
    To put it simply, anything with high dex can be considered high dps. I guess "DPS" can be considered "Dex per second". lol
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited November 2017

monaahiru said:

To put it simply, anything with high dex can be considered high dps. I guess "DPS" can be considered "Dex per second". lol
    Though my best DPS is simple STR melee with over 700 STR and DEX amount as 10.
    My full-charged Haymaker hits so hard. o3o
    monaahiru said:

monaahiru said:

But compared to an MA build with Ego/Dex prim with high dex can probably still out perform it. Could say the same for Ego blades, power armor, elec, bestial, might,and hw.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited November 2017

monaahiru said:

monaahiru said:

But compared to an MA build with Ego/Dex prim with high dex can probably still out perform it. Could say the same for Ego blades, power armor, elec, bestial, might,and hw.
    Compared with my Ego/Dex Ego blade build and pure STR and also pure DEX all having R9, R5 and DUC, 10% damage bonus Mods, they works very similar because Enrage scales with amount of STR and we can make high critical chance by r9 Lucky Gem similar as MA Form scales with amount of DEX. I don't modify Lucky Gem on my DEX build but Growth Amulet r9 to make DEX more higher.

Ether pure STR or pure DEX comes top~5th scores at Cosmics fight very often, Ego/Dex comes around next (3~10) usually.

I only uses one single target attack such like Dragon's Wrath r2+adv or Haymaker r3 on each running with two AO, Ice Sheath and Lock N Load on each builds, sometime using Ultimate, also using Nanobot Swarm.
    Tough, STR build works very well probably because AoPM buff from the support in team-up because DEX becomes higher then usual.

On Ego/Dex Ego blades Melee build with max DEX amount, I have to hit combo to stack Ego Leech. But yes, this build is good, specially when I am soloing. This is the only build I have AoE on attack with no cool down happening. I also need veteran reward core given to life timer on this build.