Options

Sigils Swords and other Summoned Stuff

2»

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Not something I can test alone.

Normally, sigils use your buffs at the time you activate the sigils, so if you cast storm sigils and either activate or deactivate aoed (or use some other buff, like draysha) and damage changes, it indicates a direct effect.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    It might, but for the sake of accuracy I'd prefer to test that with 2 people, with the person with AoED standing just far enough that the sigils get the aura but the player doesn't.

You know pictureing the specific situation it takes to really test this I'm not sure what value there is in that information .-.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    BTW Mods drop from Tako works on damage of sorcery pets??? Or only scales with amount of INT? o3o
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Utility mods affect Offense Powers only. Pets are not offense powers, but Summon Powers.
    Those mods should not affect them.

For instance, Shadow Destroyer's Contempt does not boost damage from shadow block or shadow passive, since those are not attack powers.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Hmm, do Active Offense powers boost Summon Powers? E.g. does Imbue boost crit chance for uncontrolled summoned entities? Does R3 Shadow Shroud increase their damage at all? This is probably answered somewhere already?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    monaahiru said:

BTW Mods drop from Tako works on damage of sorcery pets??? Or only scales with amount of INT? o3o

Tako mods will work with things that function based on your damage bonuses (sigils), but not with actual pets.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2017

spinnytop said:

Also just to be sure of it I tested a bit to make sure that AoED effects sigils and it does.

Does it directly affect sigils, or does it boost your personal damage and that boost applies to the sigils?
    On the PTS, r3 AoED w/o SS's and 5 in all stats lists a 24%/4.9% dmg bonus for self/ally in Hybrid, and 20%/19% for Support.

My tooltip dmg for R1 Destruction sigils under this lists 259 dmg in Hybrid and 226 dmg in Support. Taking into account Support's 10% dmg penalty, that's actually 259 vs. ~248.6, suggesting that they first benefit from the self-bonus of the aura (~4% dmg diff).

To see if they also benefit from the ally portion once summoned (since the aura icon shows up for them), I just looked at their avg base dmg numbers on dummies in Support, since that role will have the most diff (+19% dmg above the tooltip, if true). I couldn't parse it, but over multiple summons I saw base dmg numbers in the range of 204-245, w/ a 226 dmg tooltip, suggesting that they didn't gain the extra 19% from the aura (or the range would have been shifted notably higher than that; instead the avg was about 224.5).

So, perhaps sigils do benefit from auras (obv they get healed and get visible buffs from them, testing w/ Med Nanites and such), but in the case of AoED (and other dmg auras) they don't actually benefit cause the aura is applied on a delay after they are summoned, and their base dmg is determined at the time of summon and remains fixed (not dynamically adjusted like a normal pet). Popping a R3 AO right after summoning them didn't boost their dmg dynamically either (and vice versa for using the AO before and having it drop off mid-summon). So I guess I was mistaken about 'double dipping' earlier, to a degree.
    "Hmm, do Active Offense powers boost Summon Powers? E.g. does Imbue boost crit chance for uncontrolled summoned entities? Does R3 Shadow Shroud increase their damage at all? This is probably answered somewhere already?"
    For sep entities, I also didn't see any boost to Dust Devil by popping an AO right after. Activating R3 Ego Surge raised my tooltip dmg from 46 to 83 per tick, which is a huge %bonus, but in practice the currently summoned Dust Devil stayed at ~46 dmg ticks. Popping the AO before summoning did boost the entity's dmg, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options

Hmm, do Active Offense powers boost Summon Powers? E.g. does Imbue boost crit chance for uncontrolled summoned entities? Does R3 Shadow Shroud increase their damage at all? This is probably answered somewhere already?

In general personal damage bonuses apply to sigils and pseudopets but not uncontrolled or controlled pets, and is computed at the time the power is turned on.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Do the Living Fire sigils not work like the other sigils? They are not listed as a Summons but as a regular attack. However, they have Mystic Transference as an advantage, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I selected it and it popped up 5 sigils (not 2) which then replaced the 5 Sigils of Destruction I had summoned seconds before.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Yea, it looks like the MT adv isn't working properly for Living Fire.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options

Do the Living Fire sigils not work like the other sigils? They are not listed as a Summons but as a regular attack. However, they have Mystic Transference as an advantage, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I selected it and it popped up 5 sigils (not 2) which then replaced the 5 Sigils of Destruction I had summoned seconds before.

Bug detected!
  • Options
    So I did some testing and Sigils are not effected by AoED and their damage is determined when created and isn't changed by changes in your damage bonus afterwards. slotting/unslotting AoED halfway through sigil lifespan showed no noticeable change in their damage trend over several tests. This is concerning because they do get the AoED buff on them, which means they might be eating the target limit with no effect, so I'm gonna go report it as a bug o3o
  • Options
    I feel this build is awesome. Do you use some damage bonus core or Mod other? o3o
  • Options
    monaahiru said:

I feel this build is awesome. Do you use some damage bonus core or Mod other? o3o

I use the Sorcery damage bonus mod
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

monaahiru said:

I use the Sorcery damage bonus mod
    Good to hear. I have many Tako Mods. o3o