test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vanguard

canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
After all these years, Vanguard is still an archer, rather than the preeminent brick of the Champions universe. This is a long-standing bug, as confirmed by Steve Long.

Remake him as a brick, or rename him. Respect the established lore of the IP you bought.
/CanadaBanner4.jpg

Comments

• royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    I always wondered why an archer would have the name Vanguard. It seemed out of place.
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    Considering that bows are a weapon that requires more strength than, say, a sword, I'd say Vanguard learned some new tricks in undeath.
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    gradii said:

Well if he was as strong as people say, he'd easily just snap the bow in half by accident trying to draw it (assuming he has no experience with bows)

wrathsoul1 wrote: »

Considering that bows are a weapon that requires more strength than, say, a sword, I'd say Vanguard learned some new tricks in undeath.

​​

​​

Unless the bow was tailor-made for him.
  • gradii wrote: »
    I assume it's because vanguard's body was vaporized when he died. how do you raise a vaporized person as a zombie? Better to make a entirely different character, takofanes raising him doesn't really make sense.

simple - you make a new body

someone powerful enough to rip multiple souls from the afterlife and chain them to their service is certainly powerful enough to also create a new body for one of those souls​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Although it is annoying, among all the things in CO that don't bear close scrutiny, this one is relatively minor.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    One Arrow Guard.
    Shoots himself in the knee.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!