test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Been a really long time but could anyone point me to some of this info?

Hello all. It is been years since I have been on the forum logged in (about 2 forum migrations I think).
Since playing recently there have been some new stuff added, for me anyway, like the gold recognition
and the new Epic level content.

Has there been any Dev relesed info on them or the future plans? Will there be more than 5 options to
get gold recognition in the future? Also why is the only open mission you can get a mission for is the
destroid one? What about the Lemurian one or Bullet for Bessel or the rest of them in MC?

Also will there ever be an exchange rate for going up in the types of recognition (MPCD to Gold Recognition)
with diminishing returns?

Last but not least, does CO make more money to do more than justify its existence to get more budet for
Comic missions or things like that?

Thanks in advanced for the answers, if there are any.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Has there been any Dev relesed info on them or the future plans?
    -Nope. Visit PTS discussions/server. That's where we get the info for coming things.

Will there be more than 5 options to get gold recognition in the future?
    -Maybe. Look above.

Also why is the only open mission you can get a mission for is the destroid one?
    -Because it was changed just recently.

Also will there ever be an exchange rate for going up in the types of recognition (MPCD to Gold Recognition)
    -Most likely nope.

does CO make more money to do more than justify its existence to get more budet for
    -Who knows. They do pay salary to their working crew. And haven't shut the game down yet.

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Has there been any Dev relesed info on them or the future plans? Will there be more than 5 options to
    get gold recognition in the future?

No info on that, so: maybe. Right now the focus seems to be on open missions and temporary events as far as content goes.

Also there are technically 6 sources for GCR: 4 cosmics, TA, and QWZ dailies.

Also why is the only open mission you can get a mission for is the
    destroid one? What about the Lemurian one or Bullet for Bessel or the rest of them in MC?

Only revamped level 40 open missions seem to be candidates for daily missions, going by what we've seen. Those other OMs either haven't been revamped or aren't level 40, so they didn't get one.

No.

Last but not least, does CO make more money to do more than justify its existence to get more budet for

What we've been told is that CO makes enough money to keep running, but not enough to seriously expand the staff. Comic Series/Adventure Pack missions are unlikely from what we've been told. From what's been put out the focus appears to be on more "bite size" content rather than "long form" content.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Some of the recent changes were expansive enough to warrant having Tacofangs temporarily return to the CO dev team. I've never seen an official announcement of what he did, but it was right before that monster patch that adjusted the NPC pathing in Millennium City.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    guardiannexusguardiannexus Posts: 138 Arc User
    Well a guy can hope for some more stuff to do other than grind for gear I don't need. Ah well.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Well a guy can hope for some more stuff to do other than grind for gear I don't need. Ah well.

Run content to get currency for all the other stuff on those vendors.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    primus and mcpd recog can be swapped with a vendor in the recog building for until.front center desk
    silver and gold are level 40.
    If you have the others tradeable for those, people will just farm the low level areas.
    This is called avoiding a rort
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    If you have the others tradeable for those, people will just farm the low level areas.
    That depends on the exchange rates. Imagine how many low-level boars you'd have to farm if the exchange rates were something like 500:1​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    aesica said:

chaelk wrote: »

That depends on the exchange rates. Imagine how many low-level boars you'd have to farm if the exchange rates were something like 500:1​​

someone would work out a way to do it, automatically
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    aesica said:

500:1 would make it pointless no matter how you were doing it, so that's silly to even consider.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    500:1 would make it pointless no matter how you were doing it, so that's silly to even consider.
    Hence why I said that the exchange rate is what would determine whether or not farming lower-level currency to exchange for upper level currency would be worthwhile or not.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    And since it being worthwhile runs counter to the whole idea of getting you to do certain content to get GCR, the whole idea is stupid and any exchange rate would be wrong ^_^