test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buff Veterans Core of Might

stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
Now that all players can get dual stat mods, it'd be super if this thing wasn't trash. A r9 mod that give less total stats than a r5 gives to just one of the two. It should give the same stats as the regular dual stat mods.​​
YouTube - Steam - Twitter
[at]riviania Member since Aug 2009

Comments

• stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Last I checked, Cryptic had zero issues selling items of power for real money. Vet's core is currently garbage. At r9, you can't put it into any of the secondary gear which means you put it in primary gear. If someone would rather have a bunch of stats over any of the nice core mods that exists, let them. It's not anywhere near as bad as the other power items you can buy in the cash shop for far less.​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Well... it seems to be a reflection of how gear with +SS mods always give lower stats than gear with actual stats.

Example:
    Glorious Handguards (L40, blue)
    +53 int
    +17 def
    +60 off
    +21 PSS
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    I'll second this. I was looking at this mod the other day in my bags, thinking "I should probably use this eventually since I have it." Then I considered its benefits over what I was using and...just kinda sighed and put it in my bank instead.

:(​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    The main idea is that you could use it any gem slot that you normally slot your gem in a primary set. If I'm not hurting for energy with my character build, then I would shove it in the primary utility gear where I normally shove my gambler's gem. If not, I could place the core in the primary defense and lose out on the health or armor, which is fine since I can always rely on block, patches, heal power, and healer to not die in a fight. Keep in mind that this core is gold member stuff only and only gold member has access to it.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    It's not intended to be a powerful replacement, but an optional item. It doesn't need a buff. I use it on quite a few of my characters.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I always throw them away.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    I use them on pretty much every 40 I have. Especially where specializations give SSSs some bonus.
    edited September 2017
    Since when has a money wall ever been an acceptable reason for not doing anything? Catalysts exists. You can buy Elixirs by converting Zen to Questionite. Best healing in the entire game is in the cash shop. FF slots exists. Premium ATs. Some of the most powerful items in the game can all be bought with real money and are a whole lot cheaper than a $200+ investment for a single mod.

Everyone has access to dual stat mods. The only advantage is that you can put the Vet's core into non stat slots. In three slot gear, you get one core slot. Now that we have the utility mods buffing power sets, Vet's core doesn't even look good for Utility slots. It certainly isn't better than a DUC, gamblers, or impacts in other slots. Four slot gear is going to be the best place to use a Vet's core. And it's all still situational.

26 total points in stats for a r9 mod is sad. Some people choosing to use it doesn't magically make it good. Especially when a r4 dual stat mod has double the total stats than the Vet's core.​​
    sterga said:

26 total points in stats for a r9 mod is sad. Some people choosing to use it doesn't magically make it good. Especially when a r4 dual stat mod has double the total stats than the Vet's core.​​

So much this... I sometimes wonder if the problem is that it's leveless, and has been glitched for years to not scale properly.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    sterga said:

26 total points in stats for a r9 mod is sad.

The closest equivalent to a Vet Core is a Growth amulet -- which at r9 provides 25 stat points. Core mods simply don't give a lot of stat points.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    gradii said:

Well remember this is a core mod not a stat mod, and it can be slotted in ANY core mod slot.​​

any core mod slot you say? ...that gives me ideas. I'm sure soon I'll be saying "I wish I had 2 of these"
    spinnytop said:

Well, other than being r9 and thus not slottable in secondaries.

sterga said:

26 total points in stats for a r9 mod is sad.

The closest equivalent to a Vet Core is a Growth amulet -- which at r9 provides 25 stat points. Core mods simply don't give a lot of stat points.
    Which is also +SS gear and thus gives around half the stat points...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    My bad. Forgot Growth mods suck too. Wouldn't complain about a buff for those. I've only ever used them on one character for the stats and only because Con 7 mods were so damn expensive.​​
    edited September 2017
    Yeah really.... have a look at the chart:
    http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Attribute_Mods

Lucky Gem? Impact Prism? I want all of those stats! Growth Amulet and Sentinel brooch? nah, pass.

Well, a dedicated CCer might want the brooch for the buff to CC powers, or a healer, maybe.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

Yeah really.... have a look at the chart:
    http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Attribute_Mods

Lucky Gem? Impact Prism? I want all of those stats! Growth Amulet and Sentinel brooch? nah, pass.

Well, a dedicated CCer might want the brooch for the buff to CC powers, or a healer, maybe.

I guess it's relative to what you actually need.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited September 2017

Sentinel is excellent for a healer in the offense slot, and for a ccer in the utility slot; it's rarely useful in the defense slot, because outside of pvp most cc can either be completely blocked or can't be resisted at all. Growth is good for most characters in the defense slot, marginal in the offense slot, and pretty much useless in the utility slot.
    point is... no one uses Growth for the +SS effect.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

I'd see better point in using it for the SS than an impact core. Critical core is more likely to be used. Growth amulets are probably the best option for DPS in defense slots in gear as well.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

People do (if you want maxmax presence on a support or cc toon, you do).
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    I use them plenty for that, but then I don't have a "when I say everyone, I mean only maxed out 40s" mentality.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png