test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fun Nullifier should also nullify their use of fun devices

championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
edited September 2017 in Suggestions Box
People that wear a fun nullifier should not be able to use fun devices (like balloons, tacos, dance balls, etc) on other players. If they can't be bothered to participate and be subject to getting hit in return, then they should not be able to pelt others from safety without worry of being hit back with such devices.

And to add to this, to prevent people from trying to cheese with macros and such, there should be a 5 minute period, after the fun nullifier is removed that it cannot be re-equipped so people just can't take it off use a device and put it back on with a simple macro command. It's getting silly that people want to use devices on others but don't want to be involved in such activities. And if they try to use the device, the fun nullifier should instantly be removed as well.

I don't mind being hit with fun devices, but I do mind people that sit there and use them behind a nullifier device not allowing me to pelt them back. To cut it short, people shouldn't remove themselves from the pool and be able to use the devices in question. If they wear a fun nullifier then they are declaring they don't want fun and such devices should be verboten to them.
Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
Silverspar on PRIMUS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    This is literally the most important issue facing CO today.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I've been saying this needs to be a thing ever since the fun nullifier was introduced.

Is it "Literally the most important issue facing CO today."? Of course it isn't but it is an issue and I fully support this suggestion.

• opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    I still feel disappointed every time someone throws something at me and I can't throw something back. It just takes the fun right out of it. It's like a snow ball fight where only one person gets to throw snow balls.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Fun nullifier does not prevent aoe devices as well.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    If you don't want foam fingered you shouldn't be able to foam finger.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    I agree with the OP that it's being a poor sport. I just use the FN when I don't want to be harrassed. Even on toons that are supposed to be stone-cold serious, if I plan on throwing snowballs and all the rest, then I leave the FN off. Because that's just fair play.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Oh hey, guess I missed this.
    aesica said:

Literally as important as people complaining about being hit with balloons and fun cannons was in the first place.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    BTW if you got hit by water balloon and snow ball, you can sell them in the vendor at 55 resources each. o3o
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Literally as important as people complaining about being hit with balloons and fun cannons was in the first place.
    Exactly!
    monaahiru wrote: »
    BTW if you got hit by water balloon and snow ball, you can sell them in the vendor at 55 resources each. o3o
    So in other words:

1) Log on 2 accounts
    2) Equip permanent snowball/water balloon on one character
    3) Target other character
    4) Macro-spam the aforementioned device on targeted character
    5) Go out for pizza
    6) Sell junk snowballs/balloons when you get back
    7) ???
    8) Profit!

Disclaimer: I'm not saying people should do this, because they probably shouldn't. What I'm really saying is that this should probably be fixed at some point.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    aesica said:

Disclaimer: I'm not saying people should do this, because they probably shouldn't. What I'm really saying is that this should probably be fixed at some point.​​

At 55L per balloon, it takes 655 balloons to match one smash (with smash bonus). Given that the perm devices have internal cd of a couple seconds, that's a large part of an hour for the benefits of a single smash.
    edited October 2017
    At 55L per balloon, it takes 655 balloons to match one smash (with smash bonus). Given that the perm devices have internal cd of a couple seconds, that's a large part of an hour for the benefits of a single smash.
    Funny you'd mention that, I actually mathed it out a bit after making my previous post. I don't know what the internal CD on the permanent devices is, so assuming it's something like 5 seconds:

12 per minute => 6n 60l
    720 per hour => 3g 96n
    17,280 per day* => 95g 04n 00l

* Inventory would be nearly full or completely full by this point, depending on the number and size of target's bags. Edit: Oh wait, I just remembered they only stack to 20. Bags would be full after just a few hours.

That said, the best way to fix this kind of thing would probably be to just remove the "puts a thing in someone else's inventory" aspect. It gets rid of this potential exploit as well as an annoyance.​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    aesica said:

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    You can sell these things in the AH for something like 250 resources each.
    If you really wanted to use this "exploit", you could make much more Gs.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    The fun nullifier never should've been introduced in the first place. And I distinctly recall people raising concerns it could be used to troll. That being said anyone abusing the fun nullifier is showing a distinct lack of character. Hopefully, the issue will be addressed
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Maybe make them have a limited time so they eventually break and you have to buy a new one?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    Still don't think the Fun Nullifier was a bad thing. It's the people misusing them. I only equip mine when someone thinks it's funny (which it's not) to pelt me with snowballs/water balloons for 15 minutes straight.

I like the ideas of other vanity devices being disabled while it's equipped and it having a cooldown until it can be reequipped again.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User

The fun nullifier never should've been introduced in the first place.

I have been using it as it intended: not getting hit by vanity item. It doesn't work with AoE one, however.

Maybe make them have a limited time so they eventually break and you have to buy a new one?

Players has already paid global on these, this wouldn't really be a good idea.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    If you don't want to be affected by vanity items I'm glad this exists, but fair is fair, if you want to use vanity items you should have to remove your fun devices.