test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Open up the Training Rooms in Hideouts

hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
I know it has been said before but can we get someone to open up the Hideout Training Rooms? They are already there so just fix them up a little and open a door to let us access them. They do not need to DO anything or be functional just RP spots in the Hideout. They can even just stay always the same as they are and not be adjustable at this time. If any customization at all just allow the door to be locked or not but beyond that leave them as is.

Comments

• Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Posts: 102 Arc User
    Wait, the Hideouts are supposed to have training rooms, yet we cannot access them? For what reason, anyway?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The lore is that the dev who took on the hideouts did it as a personal mission. That dev is gone now and none of the other devs has been interested in working on hideouts.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    I would love it if all those shut-off spots in hideouts were accessible. And I'd totally go along with the OP's suggestion that they don't even have to do anything. Just be there.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    But if a Dev wanted to take a crack at them, a single regenerating test dummy would upgrade them from "somewhat nifty" to "remarkably useful".
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

The lore is that the dev who took on the hideouts did it as a personal mission. That dev is gone now and none of the other devs has been interested in working on hideouts.

AFAIK, Lord Tacofangs is the dev you speak of. He recently came back for a bit. Apparently it was his work that determines how the AIs path around MC. I made several pictures for those who are interested:
    https://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/64003209/hideouts

It's not JUST the training room, but includes it... somewhere.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Seriously, really would like those other rooms in the hideouts to be open please. Please! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ! :s
  • Options
    Some of them would be rather easy, just code the doors to open. Namely the basement and moonbase. Cave? it has no floor or walls. Sanctum has a bug where if you break any piece of breakable furniture when outside the main area it causes the walls of the entire map to vanish. It WAS coded with doors you could theoretically open though. If you look at the hallway pic it actually shows both the closed and open states simultaneously.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    We have no plans of re-visiting hideouts.

It is not trivial to hook up any sort of asset to them and make them function properly.​​
  • Options
    See. Told you :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    *sigh* That saddens me a little.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    That makes me happy.

Looks like the devs have a clear idea of what not to work on to prioritize more important aspects of the game, a willingness to clearly say so to the players, and are actively reading the suggestions section.
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Well at least you can bug the gym doors at any penthouse (?)​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    naciiito said:

Well at least you can bug the gym doors at any penthouse (?)​​

Wait... how? that's the one I've never actually seen.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    You can "break thru" several walls in hideouts.
    There's the storage room with All The Stuff and empty training room.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kamokami said:

That makes me happy.

Looks like the devs have a clear idea of what not to work on to prioritize more important aspects of the game, a willingness to clearly say so to the players, and are actively reading the suggestions section.

That's all well and good, but I hope their next big thing for this game is something that's ultra-majestic. People have been clamoring for the hideouts to be revisited for years.

And not another fight against something with seven jillion HP that requires a college course just to still fail 85% of the time.
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Posts: 102 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

We have no plans of re-visiting hideouts.

It is not trivial to hook up any sort of asset to them and make them function properly.​​

That is unfortunate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Not really. They aren't saying anything about what they are actually going to do, on what time scale, or in what order. They are only, occasionally, saying what they won't be doing.
    kamokami said:

That makes me happy.

JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Shame, real shame
    There is nothing to celebrate about that, this is another wasted potential for Quality of Life
    Hideouts have more potential than just RP and Bank storage, those training rooms could be really useful

If only Tumerboy came back in CO to complete the project... hmmm thinking-face_1f914.png​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!