test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Show Open-Mission Team Mates on Minimap

hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
When you team up normally you can see where your friends are on the minimap but when you join an Open Mission team you cannot see where they are at. This makes Open Mission Teaming mostly useless. If I am teamed up and half my team is on one MD, as a for instance, and the other half is taking care of the other MD then I am not getting the full benefit of auras and if I want to heal someone and find out they are way across the way and I can't then they are SOL. Because we have no idea where our mates are at any moment there is no way to tell if we are close to them or even battling the same thing.

Comments

• Options
    blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Your minimap at cosmics would be a mess, would be cool but not pratixal.

• Options
    blockwave said:

Your minimap at cosmics would be a mess, would be cool but not pratixal.

I am talking about Open Missions like Events and Destroids Rise Again and such. You still can only have a team of 5 people. You cannot team with more than 5 people. So it would be very practical.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    No thanks. I'd rather have a range finder. (HP bars dim out when players are out of range.) I don't want a bunch of extra crap on my minimap and range finding would be far more useful.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I'm not sure what a big mess of arrows on your minimap would accomplish other than letting you know "the swarm is here".
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I asked about this a few weeks ago, it would apparently be quite problematic from a coding standpoint.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    OP seems to be asking for only those people in your current team be visible on the map, just like they are visible when you form a private team..so it would be exactly 4 extra arrows on your minimap not the whole mess of people involved in the entire teamup, just the individual group you happen to currently be a part of. Most of you all are making it sound as though they're asking for everyone be shown on the minimap and I agree that would be just a big mess and not very useful... but that isn't what the OP is asking for.(at least that is how it looks to me)

• Options
    beezeeze wrote: »
    OP seems to be asking for only those people in your current team be visible on the map [...]

That thought occurred to me, but isn't clear and some of it doesn't make sense for that. The minimap has a zoom function, so even if it is only four arrows, they would be mushed together if anyone prefers having a more zoomed out approach. I have the normal minimap icons hidden as well as a few other things. So, some arrows is still annoying.

As a healer, only seeing the people on my team is worthless VS a rangefinder for the whole raid. Especially for cluster f--ks like MegaD OM. Trying to heal during the times where healing people is most important (device phase) is so aggravating due to not having a range finder. Minimap icons would only tell me that 4 of the 20+ people are near me. Healers aren't popular in any MMO I've played so being able to see and heal everyone in a raid is important.

You only have to be within the teamup raid and be in 100ft range to benefit from the aura, not be in the same team. Knowing where just the people on your team are doesn't do anything about gaining the effects of auras from the people in your raid but not on your team. The awful UI for teamup doesn't actually have the important features that would make it easy to know if you are in range of an aura or who has what auras.​​
  • Options
    sterga said:

beezeeze wrote: »

OP seems to be asking for only those people in your current team be visible on the map [...]

That thought occurred to me, but isn't clear and some of it doesn't make sense for that. The minimap has a zoom function, so even if it is only four arrows, they would be mushed together if anyone prefers having a more zoomed out approach. I have the normal minimap icons hidden as well as a few other things. So, some arrows is still annoying.

As a healer, only seeing the people on my team is worthless VS a rangefinder for the whole raid. Especially for cluster f--ks like MegaD OM. Trying to heal during the times where healing people is most important (device phase) is so aggravating due to not having a range finder. Minimap icons would only tell me that 4 of the 20+ people are near me. Healers aren't popular in any MMO I've played so being able to see and heal everyone in a raid is important.

You only have to be within the teamup raid and be in 100ft range to benefit from the aura, not be in the same team. Knowing where just the people on your team are doesn't do anything about gaining the effects of auras from the people in your raid but not on your team. The awful UI for teamup doesn't actually have the important features that would make it easy to know if you are in range of an aura or who has what auras.​​

beezeeze is correct as to what I want.

Let us take Mega D's as an example. So you split them up with one group at the Museum and one near the Street right? Now if I am a healer the only Health Bars I really see easily and the only people I can target well are those literally on my team. So if I am at the Street D and my Team Mate is at the Museum D and they get wounded and I try to heal them it just tells me I am out of range but I have NO IDEA where they actually are. If I could see them on the Minimap I would know to be over at the Museum D so I could heal them. Likewise if the auras we want to stack are in two completely different locations they will not overlap but if we have no idea where our team mates are then it is impossible to coordinate. It is so bad I generally do not even bother teaming up because it does me NO GOOD.
  • Options
    Because it is again a frustration: Snake Gulch is another prime example. Everyone says "Hit Team Up". Why? What good does it do me? My team could be at any of four very distant locations and I have absolutely NO WAY to know where they are except trying to ask each one which would be a real mess.

So I cannot really get any benefit from teaming with them. It makes no difference if we are teamed or not when I am on Yellow Tower, for instance, and my entire team is somewhere very different. All I get from it is mission Items I do not want.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The benefit from teaming is aura sharing.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Because it is again a frustration: Snake Gulch is another prime example. Everyone says "Hit Team Up". Why? What good does it do me?

It lets you get auras from people in the team up, and additionally it makes you show up on the raid UI which many healers use to quickly heal people that aren't in their immediate party. In fact for a lot of healers, if you're not in the team up you're just not getting heals.
  • Options
    There is no way to reliably be with your team in a team up simply due to people being everywhere. You could easily be in a teamup team with people at each tower and Lib Boss. What good is having the 4 people on your minimap really going to do for you? Nothing. Range finder would be far more useful since you would know who is in range of your healing and not have to click on everyone. Which is **** to try.

... I believe a real team shows everyone on the UI by default. So, the function you want already exists, just not in teamup raids where it would be mostly useless anyway.​​