test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Perfect Hero

catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
What do you think would be the perfect hero?

Share what you think would make the perfect hero...not necessarily the best or most powerful, but the most entertaining to see in action. If they use gadgets, weapons, have powers, one or more notable outfits, allies they work with and depend on, and their personalities...are they battle hardened, have a keen detectives mind, a scientist...doctor...explorer...or just a sports hero. You can pick ones already created or invent one yourself.

Personality:

Gear:

Weapons:

Travel Powers:

Powers:

Vehicles:

Skills:

Allies:

Outfits:

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.

Best Answer

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2017 Answer ✓
    I agree with spinny, but for different reasons. No one character is ever going to be "the most" for me, it would be impossible to lay out a "stat sheet" like that. I'm a big fan of variety. In fact, it's often their flaws, not their strengths, that make them interesting, and usually it's very specific to them. In comics, it's more about how well-written they are rather than a conglomeration of tropes.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png

Answers

• catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I guess Ill show off CatStar =^.^=

https://youtu.be/w3W8gCsB8u4

Personality:
    An officer and a gentleman (cat). I made him old school swashbuckler, he was not an anti-hero, he was positive, commanding with authority and respect. his charisma gave a certain amount of charm and diplomatic presence when he was around. he had a code of honor, to never leave anyone behind. In combat he was fast, precise and professional. you would never see him sweat, other could count on him to stand firm like a model star fleet captain.

Gear:
    he favored assorted hidden devices that gave him various tactical and situational advantages, from a compact computer built into his belt, that had a working tricorder and holo-display read out. to replicators that could provide him tools, small devices, weapons and emergency supplies. The devices under his cuffs where extensions of the belt. He basically was equipped like Batman...if Batman lived in the star trek era as a temporal agent. This also includes an armored EVO suit he can create around himself for emergency's.

Weapons:
    He favors a MACO sniper rifle with a hidden engineers tool kit hidden inside the stock. A custom designed cutlass, reinforced using the strongest metal the Federation makes, powerful enough to sever a klingon batleth in one chop.

Travel Powers:
    One of the abilities that comes with being in the star trek era is teleportation, which he can do directed from his ship, he can not only infiltrate an enemy position, he can use the arrays on his fighter to move him multiple times for strategic means and misdirection when confronting enemys and hostile/unforeseen situations.

Powers:
    no actual super powers unless you account for his racial abilities of jumping, high metabolism and night vision. But Through his modifications to stay alive given his age, he has medical nanites in his body regulated by implants. This allows all of Captain Americas abilities minus the super strength. They remove poisons and toxins, heal him at a fast rate, allow a certain amount of damage resistance and tolerance. make him even more faster, agile, enduring and responsive then your normal caitian.

Vehicles:
    The USS Gallant, His chosen vessel for missions was a modified Caitian fighter, designed for reconnaissance, rescues missions and heavy combat.

Skills:
    He can pretty much do anything Captain picard or kirk did, those commandos from the TNG episode that took over the capitol building, has batmans skills, and can efficiently use any weapon and device like Cable, or melee weapon as though he where Zorro.

Allies:
    being a long time star fleet captain, maco marine and negotiator. he has met, rescued and made a number of allies across the alpha quadrant and even through out time working for the temporal corps. But his reputation often precedes him and man consider it a privilege to work with team or under his command. His closest allies where M'ress who he rescued from an alternate time displacement where she disappeared to...and eventually married her while in the nexus.

Outfits:
    he has worn several uniforms, from the TNG era to the DS9 era, hes worn maco armor and uniforms, and eventually his signature civilian captains uniform most recognize him in. Now that he leads a mercenary group that often works for star fleet intelligence.

NOTES:
    When i wrote for him and pictured him in combat i always set the tone of him fighting off mobs (even borg) like Ruby did in the RED trailer...only him using his MACO rifle and cutlass to become a bladed whirlwind of destruction!
    https://youtu.be/pYW2GmHB5xs
    Post edited by catstarsto on

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    It would be nonexistent, because perfection is an unobtainable concept.
    spinnytop said:

It would be nonexistent, because perfection is an unobtainable concept.

In your haste, you seemed to have overlooked the description before you answered....

What do you think would be the perfect hero?

Share what you think would make the perfect hero...not necessarily the best or most powerful, but the most entertaining to see in action. If they use gadgets, weapons, have powers, one or more notable outfits, allies they work with and depend on, and their personalities...are they battle hardened, have a keen detectives mind, a scientist...doctor...explorer...or just a sports hero. You can pick ones already created or invent one yourself.

We still love you though.

edited July 2017
    I didn't read anything other than the title and the first line. Didn't care to read further.
    spinnytop said:

I didn't read anything other than the title and the first line. Didn't care to read further.

Many hard life lessons have come from such logic...

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    This is CO aka Furry Online, is turning into a beast a bad thing here?
  • werewolf says no

werewolf hunter says yes​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited July 2017

This is CO aka Furry Online, is turning into a beast a bad thing here?

it depends...

^some are ones outwardly, but choose to be goodguys

^some are beasts inwardly, and hunt their "victims" relentlessly! In my other thread, they would fall under the "Savage" i believe. But this best discused over there.

Have you any heros you can think of or create that you would find to meet your own perfect standard of cool and entertaining hero??

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    It's a tossup between Zelda...

IPteWcT.png

...and Metroid...

RKYJ568.png

...as the "perfect" hero.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited July 2017
    Here's my perfect hero.

Fought for what was right, had villains trying to thwart him at every turn, and succeeded despite epic adversity. I'm pretty sure this guy secretly has super powers.
    edited July 2017
    spinnytop said:

Here's my perfect hero.

Fought for what was right, had villains trying to thwart him at every turn, and succeeded despite epic adversity. I'm pretty sure this guy secretly has super powers.

Well, I guess our fictional heroes are everything we imagine them to be...

lol
    aesica said:

It's a tossup between Zelda...

IPteWcT.png

...and Metroid...

RKYJ568.png

...as the "perfect" hero.​​

Until id seen "Haloid" I never gave Samus her proper due as awesome. Monti Oum did her justice in that fight.
    Link has always been cool, but for a while the artists went cartoon network on him ._.

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    catstarsto wrote: »
    Until id seen "Haloid" I never gave Samus her proper due as awesome. Monti Oum did her justice in that fight.
    Link has always been cool, but for a while the artists went cartoon network on him ._.
    Who are Samus and Link? I'm talking about Zelda (the robot) and Metroid (the girl with the sword)​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited July 2017
    aesica said:

Who are Samus and Link? I'm talking about Zelda (the robot) and Metroid (the girl with the sword)​​

....???
    Confused cat is confused...

It appears you have info on heroes i dont know about, I must find out your secrets!!

edited July 2017
    this new book i just started writing is a sequal to my last one (Evergreen) its going to mostly focusing on the humans of the realm this time, my lead character is based on CatStar, only hes a human version of him who is a lord over some lands and champions for his king. They have steampunk era tech.

Im hoping to bring new life to a rebooted character, original and not tied to star trek.

^including some old characters...like the cat girl based on my healer. =^.^=

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2017

In comics, it's more about how well-written they are rather than a conglomeration of tropes.

I couldn't really agree more. I love it when one of my favourite writers moves to a new comic book that I haven't picked up before and breathes life into a character I never bothered with before.

That being said, it's always disappointing when a good writer leaves a comic-book too.

I have liked and disliked characterisations, by different writers, of the same hero..... regardless of "Gear, Weapons, Powers, Skills, Costume, etc".

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited July 2017
    you guys never had a "ok, he's here its all over for the bad guys" hero growing up? For me it was superman in the comics and hulk hogan on tv. Later when the book/video store opened up it became goku...no matter what else was happening as soon as goku showed up, the good guys where going to win. lol

Like i said, I like the old school comic story's, good vs evil showdowns, everything was pretty cut and dry. No matter how evil the villains plans where or how far he would get in them, the hero would always be there to stop them...just in the nick of time!!

But the new stuff like Avengers civil war they toss so much chaos at you, and then there isnt really a win at the end for the good guys....everything was left a mess and the main hero of the story is on the run as the bad guy D:

^i hated this movie for making the good guys the villains and breaking them apart through infighting...the marvel writers are diabolical!

My perfect fictional hero:

It might take a moment, but if you think about it he is actually the hero of the series.
    looks like the Terminator...if JJ Abrams designed his outfit.

edited July 2017
    looks like i finally found the perfect hero. My AT i made for pvp won a CC, people liked one of my cosplays ^_^ so it guess it will replace my healer cat as my regular.

Its a gunslinger, but its not even a cat...it only has the cat headphones.... :/

spinnytop said:

That looks like D-Va.

I gave it my own personal touch, but it is a homage to her.

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    You are mistaken if you think Civil War was Good guys vs bad guys. It was neither one of those things. Even Zemo could be argued as a good guy.

Good or evil is all perspective. Cap and Iron man did what they thought was right.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    In both the movie and the comics, both sides have their points. (In the end, I agreed with both versions of Cap - that we've seen this movie, and it didn't end well for the ones registered - but the Registration side had good points about the havoc wrought both by the superpowered villains, and by the heroes who sometimes didn't seem to care about collateral damage as long as they "won".)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Team Tony! \o/ If you've got nothing to hide then get registered you filthy mutant!
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    350?cb=20160817173739​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Is that Richard the Warlock wearing the Fel Bunny??
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited July 2017
    spinnytop said:

Team Tony! \o/ If you've got nothing to hide then get registered you filthy mutant!

:o "Put me down, she didnt mean it!!"

...well, at least they didnt give the Avengers bar code tattoos and send them to Genosha! ...but, I get the impression they wanted to treat them like the Suicide Squad to begin with behind all of the carefully worded trickery Stark bought into (afraid to loose his fortune/freedom)....note to heroes, just let the aliens tear up everything next time! "Make them beg for Achillies!!" lol

• deadman20 wrote: »
    350?cb=20160817173739

um...is that alarak? i wouldn't exactly describe a tal'darim highlord (who got there by siding with who was at the time a tal'darim enemy) as a 'hero'​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited July 2017

I agree with spinny, but for different reasons. No one character is ever going to be "the most" for me, it would be impossible to lay out a "stat sheet" like that. I'm a big fan of variety. In fact, it's often their flaws, not their strengths, that make them interesting, and usually it's very specific to them. In comics, it's more about how well-written they are rather than a conglomeration of tropes.

I guess i should of listed some of CatStar's weaknesses too. He doesnt use fear like Batman but he is a negotiator even though he can take you down as fast and hard as Blackwidow, and if need be he would give his own life in place of an others. being honorable he wouldnt use devious tactics or horrible means to fight a foe, if his enemy called out for help he would go back for him. Being a white knight (lawful-good) character has a lot of chinks in ones armor that can and has been exploited...just like superman was, before the modern twist they gave him.