Looking for advice on a Super Sentai build

starflairex
starflairex Posts: 41 Arc User
Howdy folks. I've been playing for quite some time now and I'm having a bit of difficulty adjusting to the update to TK blades, so I'm resetting. My concept is a super sentai character (power rangers, kamen rider, etc). So mostly melee, but if a single ranged power is viable (such as PBR or 2GM) I'll take it. I was toying around with TK, but I'm not 100% confident that it's reaching it's maximum potential. Here is what I have (kinda half assed):

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
v2.2.3-24

Super Stats
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Ego (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: Quick Trigger (Dex: 12, Ego: 12)
Level 6: Agile (Dex: 8)
Level 9: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 15: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 18: Sniper Training (Dex: 3, Ego: 3, Pre: 3, End: 3)
Level 21: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Ego Blade
Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
Level 6: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Form of the Tempest
Level 11: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares)
Level 14: Telekinetic Reverberation
Level 17: Ego Blade Frenzy (Rank 2, Mental Block)
Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
Level 23: Force Shield (Force Sheathe)
Level 26: Toxic Nanites (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29:
Level 32:
Level 35:
Level 38:
Adv. Points: 25/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations
Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

I know it's pretty bare bones; I'm not exactly a build aficionado. I left out basics like Active offense and defense because those kinda go without saying. I'm mostly geared with ego/constitution and Annihilation would often hit for around 12k, which i thought was decent. I'm not married to this build, but as far as thematics go, it worked.

Y'know, I also used 100 hands w/ghostly strikes in this same build and the damage, imo, was pretty impressive. I'm wondering how effective a darkness/martial arts build would do with ID mastery...hmm..

Anyway, I hate asking for work to be done for me, but I'm kind of at a loss and I'm hoping to build something worth while if I'm going to spend all this Q re-doing my gear :) Thanks so much for reading.

Comments

• flowcyto
    flowcyto Posts: 12,113 Arc User
    The basics look fine for TK blades, though I may consider using EGO/Dex/Con with 3/3 in 6th Sense, but keeping a Dex focus. Could also consider using Warden + Brawler w/ Setup- prob more dps that way, though less defense. I'd also get some of the talents w/ Rec in them to help w/ energy and equilibrium:
    Talents
    Level 1: The Gunslinger (Con: 10, Dex: 10, Ego: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 12: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Wordly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)

I'd likely save a 100hands build for a diff character.
    starflairex Posts: 41 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

The basics look fine for TK blades, though I may consider using EGO/Dex/Con with 3/3 in 6th Sense, but keeping a Dex focus. Could also consider using Warden + Brawler w/ Setup- prob more dps that way, though less defense. I'd also get some of the talents w/ Rec in them to help w/ energy and equilibrium:
    Talents
    Level 1: The Gunslinger (Con: 10, Dex: 10, Ego: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 12: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Wordly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)

I'd likely save a 100hands build for a diff character.

Dude, no kidding. Testing out, I was having sliiight energy problems. I'm looking forward to taking your advice. I love the warden/brawler deal..I think that's what Devastator rolls and it's pretty fun. When you say "keeping a Dex focus", do you mean as far as gear? That's part of what I'm trying to determine as well; is it better buffing the attacks with ego, or buffing the form with dex? Hard to tell without PTS access.
  • flowcyto
    flowcyto Posts: 12,113 Arc User
    Its usually better to go with w/e stat the toggle scales with, and in this case that's Dex. To further optimize dps, its also nice to have ur spec choices increase the return from that stat (in this case, if using Ego PSS you'd want 3/3 6th Sense since it scales off 2ndary stats- which Dex would be; if gearing Ego primarily w/ a diff build, you'd want 3/3 Follow Through instead, etc).

As far as the passive/innate dmg boost that Ego offers to TK Blades (and ranged), that soft-caps at 70 (after which it gives much less return), so gearing it prob won't be a huge priority. Rather, getting some Rec on the side for TK Reverb and higher equilibrium can be nice.