test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HW/Earth Build

xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
I am looking to make a HW/Earth build that resembles, for those who played CoH, a Scrapper or Brute. And for those who haven't, I'm basically trying to go for high single-target/moderate AoE damage, with pretty decent survival.
Brute/Scrapper Build - Freeform

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Devastator (Con: 10, End: 8, Str: 10, Rec: 10)
Level 6: Mighty (Str: 8)
Level 9: Enduring (Con: 8)
Level 12: Energetic (End: 8)
Level 15: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
Level 21: Paramilitary Training (Str: 3, Con: 3, Rec: 3, End: 3)

Powers
Level 1: Bludgeon
Level 1: Cleave (Rank 2, Rampant)
Level 6: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)
Level 11: Thermal Reverberation
Level 14: Arc of Ruin (No Quarter, Wildfire)
Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Annihilate (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Aggressor (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Unbreakable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Vicious Descent
Level 32: Guard (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Fissure (Reconstruct)
Level 38: Rebirth
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Athletics
Level 35: Flight

Specializations
Strength: Swole (3/3)
Strength: Aggression (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
Strength: Overpower (2/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Tenacious (1/2)
Warden: Upper Hand (1/3)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (1/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (1/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (1/2)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (1/3)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)
Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.

Comments

• Options
    lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Posts: 23 Arc User
    Switch Descent for Pounce, imo. (knockdown to get an enrage proc going right at start) Or find 2 points to take stimpack on Descent. Otherwise I don't really find it worth the 15 second cooldown. Drop rush of battle/mass destruction for 2/2 Aggressive Stance and Modified Gear. Not heavy enough aoe that 2% crit matters. Consider moving the 2 points in Tenacious/Upper Hand to Elusive (I think is the right name). 20% resist vs aoe is a nice chunk, and especially cosmics there's a lot of aoe flying around.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    If ur going to be rolling CFlames w/ Cleave, then I'd get the special adv on Annihilate. Perhaps consider trading Cleave for Eruption w/ adv to more easily put up CFlames (if you want Reckless, Descent + Eruption can keep that going). I may also get R1 MD over Unbreakable (mostly to save 4 adv points, but MD is good on its own), and consider using Stone Shroud as the block if ur standing in Fissure's HoT.

I'd prob also get Brutality instead of Overpower in Str PSS. You can always knock a point off Juggernaut if you want to unlock Overpower's Str scaling (or drop Juggernaut to max both for more dps, but ofc that leads to less Defense).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

If ur going to be rolling CFlames w/ Cleave, then I'd get the special adv on Annihilate. Perhaps consider trading Cleave for Eruption w/ adv to more easily put up CFlames (if you want Reckless, Descent + Eruption can keep that going). I may also get R1 MD over Unbreakable (mostly to save 4 adv points, but MD is good on its own), and consider using Stone Shroud as the block if ur standing in Fissure's HoT.

I'd prob also get Brutality instead of Overpower in Str PSS. You can always knock a point off Juggernaut if you want to unlock Overpower's Str scaling (or drop Juggernaut to max both for more dps, but ofc that leads to less Defense).

I mostly took unbreakable for theme, and was keeping cleave clicks in-between charge attacks to keep the build from being a charge-only build. These are interesting changes though, and will def. move things around for the specs

Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.