test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, E3 this year.

championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Off Topic
Well honestly, I watched a good portion of it, can't say I saw all of it, but what I did see, I was sort of middle of the road on for most of it. My rating for conferences as it stands?

EA = Most Embarrassing
Microsoft = Exclusives (but not really)
Bethesda = Showing barely anything but talking about how great they are.
UbiSoft = They got the Shiggy and honestly, Ubi most improved conference.
Sony = Shown off stuff we already knew about, oh and BroDouche fishing (aka FF15 VR)
Nintendo = Fin F-ING ly; Metroid Prime 4

I wouldn't say there are any real winners though there are clearly two absolute losers, besides the one show that was nothing but stage performances instead of talking about games but I didn't watch it just read about it. EA and Bethesda pretty much were on the bottom because they both dropped the ball hard. EA was just embarrassing to watch as they got YouTubers who were super uncomfortable being in a public setting who were fumbling lines and such, while getting actors who were not gamers trying to talk like gamers. Bethesda just kept wanking off about how great their games were, and oh, Paid User Generated Content round 2, and beyond that what they did show new wasn't all that interesting to me at least. I wasn't expecting any TES 6 news, but their conference ended so abruptly, it was like they had more planned but forgot or something.

Most of the titles just weren't all that memorable and a lot of it was either CGI videos or super stupid scripted and barely anything what I would call game play, which reduced the hype a lot I think. I know a lot of people were happy to see Beyond Good and Evil 2, but honestly, the realistic approach from the stylized approach is off putting to me. No word which platform it will be on, just next generation platforms.

Had little faith in BioWare, after the cluster of ME3 and now especially MEAndromeda, so the new game, especially with as heavily scripted as it was is on my low expectations bar. Especially their continued goal of uglying up the graphics for no good reason.

I think the big take away for many will be the two Metroid titles; Metroid 2 remake on the 3DS and of course them basically announcing that Metroid Prime 4 is in development, and for the millions of fans, there is indeed a Pokemon Switch that will be coming in a year. I know people were let down about no Pokemon game announcement after the Pokemon direct, but this probably changed minds after that announcement.

Over all, this E3 wasn't spectacular in my mind. The focus on ultra realistic graphical spectacles and 4k gaming that affects a minority of gamers and especially the VR crap kind of disappointed me. But, same thing happened when 3d was being touted as the revolution of gaming. Ultra realistic graphics don't impress me especially when the game play suffers in many cases because of it, but it's a wait and see.

All in all I don't think this was a strong E3, but it wasn't too terrible. There were a few titles I was interested in, namely Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, and the Fortnite game, and some hype for some titles in the future, like Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4. Also I would play the Spiderman game as it looks like an Arkham Game, but no word if it is just PS4 only or coming to PC or what. They claim it as an exclusive, but wait and see and I don't buy consoles for one game. Not to mention I need to know more, my warning alarms went off when the excessive QTE's kicked in.

So, grand scale, I would give this E3 on a scale of 5, 2.5 stars.

Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
Silverspar on PRIMUS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by championshewolf on

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Dat MvCi though :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    nepht said:

Yea they seem to have drawn inspiration on Cap from Rob Leifields work. It's really on that, wtf were they thinking scale. If you ignore Chun Li, Cap and Thor the other characters actually look good.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

nepht said:

Yea they seem to have drawn inspiration on Cap from Rob Leifields work. It's really on that, wtf were they thinking scale. If you ignore Chun Li, Cap and Thor the other characters actually look good.
    Things is Chun Li, Cap and Thor where my mains in UMVC3.

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    That monkey with robotic hand was cool.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif

• darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    The gameplay in MvCi looks good. The graphics though . . . :#:s:o
    darqaura2 said:

The gameplay in MvCi looks good. The graphics though . . . :#:s:o

Seems like a avoid the story mode like the plague sort of game. All one Capcom has actually put and arcade mode and CPU vs in this one. So heres hoping its not as bad as SFV :P
  • saburfangsaburfang Posts: 121 Arc User
    I'm all about dat Monster Hunter World. \o/

Worst. E3. Ever.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    gradii said:

I'm all about dat FFXIV Stormblood right now.​​

Final Fantasy has always had amazing artwork. I see they have even improved since i was there last.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    edited June 2017
    These pics are popping up all over social media by the freaking thousands but this one...this one is my fave.

I now want a Capcom vs Square Enix game :I

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Not really excited but neither dissapointed from this year E3
    • EA: was horrible as always
    • Microsoft: did a good job showing GAMES instead of TV and Camera gimmicks, thats an improvement, but they wouldn't shut up about Exclusives
      The platform game with the fox was cute
      Xbox One X is a HORRIBLE Name, even worse than Wii U
      I hope that the Blinx games will be available in the Xbox network, please Microsoft, show Blinx some love...
    • Bethesda: Stroking their EGO and trying to cause another paied mod controversy
      Which is shame because I liked their children's book aesthetic presentation
    • UbiSoft: They definatly improved, they focused on videogames instead of cringy dancing and real life memes
    • Sony: Meh, I don't know
    • Devolver Digital: They bought E3 spot just to parody the whole thing, the absolute madmen! It became nightmare fuel material in the end... disturbing
    • Nintendo: Managed once again to impress

I'm very happy for Metroid fans finally getting new games, especially after the dissapointing 30th Metroid Anniversary (or the lack of it) too bad that my Metroid fans friends got so much dissapointed with nintendo that they may won't turn back (especially after buying Wii U)

as for Bethesda
    222.png
    Full damage control
    Disgusting, they still milking Skyrim, a 7 years old game for pete's sake
    and they are trying to sell mods AGAIN
    It's been 3 E3 in the row that they had been trying to sell Skyrim over and over again

I still prefer Oblivion over Skyrim​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I don't see Totally Not Paid Mods as a big deal, but being how s--t the Steam paid mod launch was and how p--s poor Beth.net launched (and still is), it could end up being a festering pile. IF Bethesda actually does quality control this time, as the FAQ suggests, there could actually be MORE free mods as people try to beef up their portfolios to get into making paid mods.

Bethesda has always made money from mods, so, this is nothing new except a few modders getting paid officially instead of relying on donations. I doubt this will impact PC modding much anyway since hardly anyone bothers with Beth.net if they have PC versions.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    In other words, never seen before in FF14 as I am sure the mechanics have been seen before.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    It's too bad Beyond Good and Evil 2 was just a cutscene.
    edited June 2017
    spinnytop said:

It's too bad Beyond Good and Evil 2 was just a cutscene.

It's funny the cut scenes drew more attention than most of the actual games shown of this year.

If I were to break it down, this is basically how I saw it; Microsoft, EA, Sony and Bethesda spent their collective brainpower faffing about talking about 4k gaming and VR stuff, that the majority of the gaming world isn't all that concerned with. Many of the personalities that covered E3 even repeated as such. But, when Ubi revealed Good and Evil 2, there were cheers. When Nintendo announced a core Pokemon game for the Switch, there was cheering applause. Then as soon as that was done, Nintendo revealed that Metroid Prime 4 was in development, the gaming world and internet itself lost its collective ****.

The amount of reaction videos over the Metroid Prime 4 reveal makes the Cloud in Smash Bros reveal look positively passive. And it was just an announcement that Metroid Prime 4 was in development. That's it. It amazes me. While I don't think anyone really won E3, you can tell when a franchise has love from its fans with reactions like that. And that was missing from a lot of the conferences and announcements at this E3.
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    I guess we live in an age of style over substance. Showmanship over real information. Show people a movie, they're excited about a game! Show people gameplay and they're meh unless it's super stylized with lots of animations and special effects ( that have nothing to do with the mechanics ).
    gradii said:

If you enjoy CO's mechanics you haven't experienced enough mechanics.​​

Says the one who keeps linking articles that contradict your opinion, and spouting factually wrong information.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    gradii said:

Did they show CO at E3 or did you forget what thread you were posting in?
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    When it comes down to it, what makes the game playable for me is a smooth control/power setup...no one wants to adjust vector and line of sight attacks to precision or put in a mortal kombat fatality code for each attack/manuver in the middle of an intense fight.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    spinnytop said:

gradii said:

Did they show CO at E3 or did you forget what thread you were posting in?
    You are talking to Gradii, who brags about having me on ignore, while continuing to talk **** like anyone actually cares about what he says.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS