test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post-Nightmare Invasion: Observations and Suggestions

tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
Just making notes following this year's Nightmare Invasion, while the memory's still fresh. 1st, thanks for:

Thanks for Memory/Bandwidth Optimisation - I know there were tweaks to help with memory consumption or bandwidth. It was noticeably better, I don't know who did what how, but whatever it was there was an improvement (afaik). Lag was a major issue before, but much improved now, thanks for that. Really appreciate this.

Thanks for level-scaling the event enemies - I was helping a new player in Westside, still trying to avoid the clusters of Horrors and Worms, but of course we turned a corner and ran into a mob of them. I was sidekicked down to the new player's level, tried to just draw aggro to let her get away, found the mobs were totally doable with the level-scaling you added. Thanks a lot for that.

Ok, now suggestions for the future:

Please totally change that lighting effect - I know you changed the sky bloom and light diffusion a bit, but the hardest part of the Nightmare Invasion isn't the fighting, it's still the looking at the screen. Even with the improvements that were made, that lighting effect on Millennium City is still migraine inducing and I have friends who are just waiting for the event to be over before logging back in. It's some combination of that lighting with the city's terrain that makes it very uncomfortable to look at. We don't have that problem with the actual Daemonflame/Qliphothic Warzone, just the event, so it's not the lighting per se, but just how it looks in the city. Just a suggestion - instead of re-using the effect from the Daemonflame/Qliphothic Warzone, use a purple-tinted version of the Blood Moon instead, because that creates a spooky atmosphere without the effect of a thousand needles going into the brain via the eyes.

Please fix the open mission Team Up bug - because it's still bugged and I know it's on the To-Do list, but just a reminder it is still an issue. People actually have more arguments and complaints about the Team Up before facing the Colossus, than problems with the fight itself imho. Yeah, players will be players, but by that same token, this bug is really a bug.

Thank you for everyone's hard work. Of course, please increase drop rates/make enemies weaker/etc., but imho the above are the actionable things that really impact the play experience, if I had to prioritise in terms of significance.
Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com