test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wild Thang Change(s).

sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 138 Arc User
Wild Thing is kind of a lackluster EU. It runs on end which doesn't really synergize very well with bestial at all. Massacre is better off with recovery more than endurance in every situation. On top of that, while you can keep energy up permanently with it via shred and eviscerate, you quickly run out of energy the moment you decide to try any power that doesn't apply a bleed. It's to the point that, unlike every other EU it feels, you actually have to stat for energy, which puts it really low on the tier list. While there are alternatives, all it does is add more needs and restrictions to builds that really don't need to be there. In Martial Arts, Steadfast became a powerful Energy Unlock because it sensibly ran on dexterity with recovery as a secondary. Everything (well, almost everything.) in martial arts that's meant to do big damage is a charge. This energy unlock (plus built in energy buffs) let users comfortable use their high cost powers with little to know fear of running out of energy. Meanwhile, Wild Thing leaves users requiring energy stats in gear (most of the time.), and actually reduces DPS in some scenarios, because it requires bleed refreshing every six seconds to keep the energy constant.

Out of the other Energy unlocks in the Mystic tree, Wild Thing seems to be the only one that has no direct synergy with its powerset despite being bleeds related. Mephitic runs on Endurance, and due to the nature of poisons, this makes sense, due to how simple it is to constantly reapply poisons without suffering DPS. It's extremely low cost and the main source of damage of the set applies poison. The rest of the ways to apply poison without suffering DPS should go without saying. Supernatural power makes sense being endurance based because the amount of energy returned scales properly with how much endurance you have. This is something I would easily take over Wild Thing as it doesn't require energy mods to be statted, and it additionally has less restrictions and requirements which I'll get into later. Spirit reverberation running on con makes sense simply due to the fact that con synergizes well with darkness period. It doesn't cripple you at all. Like. At all. Conjuring runs off the same stat that scales Sorcery's form bonus. In addition to that, reducing the cooldown of some attacks also increases the DPS of the set itself. There's literally no way to go wrong with that. Wild Thing on the other hand scaling off endurance and giving energy the way it does, only really leaves Supernatural Power as a viable choice. Both scale off the same thing. Both do not however yield the same useful result.

What I think would fix Wild thing would be to have it scale off of Strength. It would still maintain its same energy over time mechanic, but wouldn't hinder the ability to stat for damage, and in addition to that, would actually synergize better with the in set powers Endurance would be better left as a secondary scaling stat, whilst everything else is kept the same.

The same thing can be said for Relentless, as its an even more restricted form of Wild Thing despite being able to be used across other sets. If it ran on Dexterity instead, it might be a more viable choice and offer more build diversity than forcing more MA builds into choosing Steadfast. If you're meant to crit, it only makes sense that your EU synergizes with that. I understand the idea of making end and rec more viable, but frankly, I don't feel this is the way to go about that.

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Honestly, in my DPS Bestial character, Wild Things barely provides enough energy despite keeping Bleed stacks refreshed all the time with Eviscerate

but no my energy always stay near the equilibrium, having END on a melee character really freaking sucks

also I doubt they will ever make a STR-scaled EU​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!