test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

100% Transparent Cape Pattern (Capeless Cape Glide)

bronxthebeastbronxthebeast Posts: 44 Arc User
edited May 2017 in Suggestions Box
So here's some gameplay footage of Cape Glide being used with an invisible cape, letting characters Glide without a cape using the Cape Glide animations. Can we please have a 100% Transparent Cape Pattern that we can use in order to use Cape Glide without a cape--or a separate version of the [Cape Glide] travel power that doesn't use the Cape FX?

Thaaaaank yoooou!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Primus Database: Bronx
Primus Database: Brogan
Post edited by bronxthebeast on

Comments

• Options
    ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    Agreed. Also, I think wrist capes would be a great addition for cape glide animations (Storm, for example).
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    I suggested something similar a while back, and was told why we would probably never get it.

Suggestion Link
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    yea... unfortunately the cape glide doesn't actually use every cape pattern available... it'd be nice... but for some reason they stopped adding new capes to it, and never finished adding all capes to it... it also still doesn't know the difference between a full cape and a mini-cape... which is really disappointing to me... the only characters I have that would ever utilize Cape Glide either don't actually use a cape and I just want the Glide travel, or wear a Mini-cape and it's rather annoying to see my cute mini-capes turn into giant parachute capes... My cape on Vector goes from this cute little cape that stops almost mid thigh, to a giant cape that's twice as long as she is tall...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 86 Arc User
    I would love a capeless glide power.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Yes please, I've made this suggestion a few times on this forum.

It's a very popular request.

And great video @bronxthebeast !
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    There actually is a Mini Cape that works with Cape Glide. It's found under:

Cape Strands Mystic > Leather > None
    Cape Strands Mystic > Metal > None

It seems to be/have been a placeholder, as the regular texture isn't properly made (there's two white circles near the shoulders that can't be gotten rid of, though the rest of the cape is colorable), and when used with Cape Flight, it maintains its short length--it also changes the texture to a flat shade of some color or other that I haven't taken the time to figure out.

Anywho. Still hope something comes of this. I appreciate the reminders, the call backs to other topics requesting this (I myself made a request topic on Aug 26, 2014, which is when I made that Youtube video). Speaking of videos, thanks for the compliment, @themightyzenith , I actually made three full length machinima videos introducing a few characters and showing off some action if that sort of thing at all interests you or anyone else.

Aside from that, cheers again folks. Still, never let this die! We've gotten a good dose of content the past year or so, let's keep putting forward suggestions and hoping the creative team (or creative individual with the power to make change) is able to incorporate some of these ideas.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Checked out your other videos...

They're awesome! You should make more. Very well done and entertaining.

Btw are you the same Bronx from City of *?​​

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

So here's some gameplay footage of Cape Glide being used with an invisible cape, letting characters Glide without a cape using the Cape Glide animations. Can we please have a 100% Transparent Cape Pattern that we can use in order to use Cape Glide without a cape--or a separate version of the [Cape Glide] travel power that doesn't use the Cape FX?
    Thaaaaank yoooou!

How did you make this video? Is it not actually gameplay footage? Demorecord stuff?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

Checked out your other videos...
    They're awesome! You should make more. Very well done and entertaining.
    Btw are you the same Bronx from City of *?​​

Do appreciate it! Would do more if I had the time. Which I don't. Womp womp. But hey, definitely glad you enjoyed the stuff I got to share!

How did you make this video? Is it not actually gameplay footage? Demorecord stuff?

"DemoRecord stuff" is recorded gameplay, but it isn't done "live" as it were. I recorded myself flying around as the character, and then played it back using the Demo Tool, and used Sony Vegas Pro to put together the recordings into a video (along with adding sound effects and such). To remove the Cape FX for 'capeless cape glide', I edited the .demo file and manually removed the FX line for that effect. Here's a brief rundown on how to record and play Demos:
    1) Use /DemoRecord FILENAME to record gameplay (replace FILENAME with whatever you want, eg: /DemoRecord TestDemo).
    2) Use /DemoRecordStop to stop recording.
    3) Go to your "Champions Online\Champions Online\Live" directory, create a shortcut of GameClient.exe
    4) Move your GameClient shortcut to the "demos" folder.
    5) Right-Click the moved shortcut, go to [Properties] and add: -demoplay FILENAME to the end of the Target field (replacing FILENAME with the name of the file, eg: -demoplay TestDemo)
    6) Run the shortcut. The game will launch in offline mode, and play the shortcut back. Use your arrow keys to control playback speed, and the buttons at the top to control play/pause. Press F2 to toggle between recorded camera movement and Free Camera.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I getcha.

It's just that the OP made me hope that maybe there was some secret glitch a player could use to have capeless cape glide.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

I getcha.

It's just that the OP made me hope that maybe there was some secret glitch a player could use to have capeless cape glide.

Yeeeeeah, I feel ya' buddy. I wish there were. I've been searching through aaaaaall the cape parts trying to find something. Sadly nothin'.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    +2 for capeless glide and The Price is Right.

Some of the auras highlight the corners cut in non-standard shaped capes. I wouldn't ask for a transparent cape, but to just not need one in the first place. It would suck to have that "invisible" cape magically show up with auras and effects applied to your character.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    sterga said:

I wouldn't ask for a transparent cape, but to just not need one in the first place. It would suck to have that "invisible" cape magically show up with auras and effects applied to your character.​​

Exactly, good point.

I think I was too keen for Cape Glide with no cape and didn't take enough care to properly read the OP.
    I'd like a complete TP with this animation that doesn't add a cape or an option with the original TP that doesn't add a cape.

Speaking of videos, thanks for the compliment, @themightyzenith , I actually made three full length machinima videos introducing a few characters and showing off some action if that sort of thing at all interests you or anyone else.

I've seen them mate and I think they're top =)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    I'm into it! +1 ;)
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    Yes I have several characters this would be perfect for!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?