test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If I had to get one sourcebook for CU lore it would be...

I'm fascinated by Champions lore and I really wanna bone up for RP purposes. What is the definitive source for CU lore?

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    If Champions lore is your thing, you should definitely buy the book titled Champions Universe before any other. It provides the broadest coverage of the lore of the setting, dealing at least to some extent with almost every subject related to the CU, including substantial information found nowhere else. Other books (there are literally dozens of them) focus on particular topics in greater depth, so are worth getting if you want to really delve into one subject; but this one is the foundation of the official Champions Universe that the others build from.
    Post edited by bulgarex on
    Weeell... a lot of folks aren't in a position to make that kind of financial commitment. ;) However, it's worth pointing out that while the current edition of the Hero System (the PnP game rules for Champions and all other Hero Games books) is Sixth, many of the setting's source books were written for the Fifth Edition; and most of those are available from the Hero Games website store for half their original cover price. For the downloadable PDF versions of those books, that means big savings.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/store/category/12-champions/
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    Awesome! Thank you all for your help!
    edited April 2017
    BTW if you're going to buy Champions Universe, make sure you get the latest edition, for Hero System Sixth Ed. It incorporates not only events and info detailed in the PnP books since the version for Fifth Ed was published, but modifications to the setting established for Champions Online since they bought the IP, making the two versions of the CU nearly identical.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/store/product/39-champions-universe-6th-ed-pdf/