test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Three missing Lemuria missions

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
edited March 2017 in Missions and Content
Hi Dev Team,

I've been doing a little work in the Lemuria zone and noticed there are three areas that seem to be missing missions. The first is in the southwest corner of the map near the Undying Reef where the Karkaradons are. The other two areas involve the ghost pirate grotto with Bart the Black, and the Empyrean Constructs along the road at the base of the Mandragalore in the upper northwest part of the map.

It would be pretty easy to include this mission-less content back into the game (while enhancing the overall Lemuria story) with the following three simple missions:

'Menace from Multifaria'
Mission contact: Dr. Jacques Timakata (this mission would be listed just below 'Sea Slug Search' on his mission list)
Level (34)
Description: "Our submersible, the Sea Slug, has reported seeing strange 'shark-men' in the area. They are definitely not natives of this planet. We need you to investigate who they are, where they come from, and what they are doing here."
Objective: Defeat 12 Karkaradons and their leader, Undertow.
Ending text: "Fascinating. These Karkaradons are not only not from this world... they are from a different dimension of reality! The group you encountered appears only to be a scouting party of some kind. They could have a base deeper in Lemuria. I must inform the superhero Amphibian about this at once!"

Unfortunately, there is a problem with Undertow currently in the game. He is trapped inside the building being used as an entrance for the UNITY mission 'Bleak Reckoning'. The entrance for 'Bleak Reckoning' should actually be moved to the Rastrinfhar's Abyss area (see the last part of this thread: arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1207868/unity-mission-starting-locations-and-content-fixes). This would free up Undertow to lead the Karkarodon scouting force. Also, I would remove all Karkaradons in the nearby cave (entrance at coordinates 638 2070 389) as they are redundant ('Sharp Tooth Tony' is a carbon-copy of Undertow). That is, unless another mission was made to involve them - but it seems it would be simpler just to remove them.

As for the northwest map area, from what I can tell, Bart the Black was supposed to be part of the 'Rapscallions, Scallywags and Scurvy Dogs, All' mission (championswiki.com/index.php?title=Rapscallions,_Scallywags_and_Scurvy_Dogs,_All) despite being so far away from the main pirate area, but got left off the list somehow. This is underscored by the fact that one of the items (waterlogged wig) in the 'One Man's Treasure...' mission is located in the chest near Bart - much as all the other items are near the named Captains in 'Rapscallions, Scallywags and Scurvy Dogs, All' - and the fact that 'One Man's Treasure...' cannot be completed without defeating Captain Redbeard on the 'Rapscallions, Scallywags and Scurvy Dogs, All' list, which shows they are interconnected. I have a couple ideas on including Bart back into the game again: the first is to add Bart to the list of pirate captains in 'Rapscallions, Scallywags and Scurvy Dogs, All' though his level would have to be bumped up from the current 39 to 41 to put him on par with all the other captains. Or two, make a new mission for him.

I would like to advocate option two. I say this because the grotto is so far removed from the regular pirate area. It feels as if this is meant to be a separate area for a reason. Here's my idea for a mission which would introduce the ghost pirates to the player before Prince Marus sends them to meet Captain Hawkins.

'Black hearts, Black souls'
Mission contact: Prince Marus
Level (39)
Description: "The Bleak Ones use of dark powers in these waters have raised a number of the dead who were lost at sea. Unfortunately, these restless dead are the worst type of sea faring souls....pirates! These evil creatures are a hazard to all marine life and must be dealt with. *hero* send these foul spirits back to their watery graves. Defeat them and the captain that commands them before they can cause any harm."
Objective: Defeat Bart the Black and 15 Ghost Pirates surrounding the sunken grotto.
Ending text: "I have terrible news. It seems as if Bart and his crew weren't the only pirates raised from the depths by the Bleak Ones magic."
And then the 'Captain the Friendly Ghost' mission would show up on Marus' mission list.
(Of course, moving the 'waterlogged wig' chest from the grotto would be required in this case. Moving it to coordinates 1670 54 3880 would be perfect and finally keep the other two missions completely within the regular pirate area.)

Now, regarding the Empyrean Constructs, it really looks obvious they were set up along the road as a mission and not just for background flavor (one or two constructs there I can see, but 12? Seems...fishy (pun intended)) Somehow the mission they were going to be used for never made it into the game. Most likely it would have come from Prince Marus.

I'd like to propose the following mission idea to get them used in the game:

'Road (de)Construct-tion'
Mission contact: Prince Marus
Level (40)
Description: "*hero*, I need your assistance. The Empyreans have sent Constructs to watch the road leading to the entrance of the Mandragalore. They are programmed to attack any non-Empyrean that comes within their detection range. It may come to pass that I must lay siege to the Mandragalore in order to stop the Lemurians from using it. That road is vital to getting heavy war machines to the entrance. I need you to remove the Empyrean Constructs so that if this desperate measure is needed, it can be done quickly, without hindrance."
Objective: Defeat 10 Empyrean Constructs along the road to the Mandragalore.
Ending text: "Thank you *hero*. I certainly hope it doesn't come to a siege, but at least it can rapidly be accomplished now should it be needed."

Thanks for your attention. :)
Post edited by captainhunter1 on

Comments

• jamvarujamvaru Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    where did you find the sea slug? perhaps if i cancel the mission and try it again? here goes nothing ...
    ... no sooner did i return that i found the 'slug' floating right in front of me. On to the next mission ... here goes noth.... well, maybe something?
    how depressing; i was so excited to post my finding the sea slug that i lost it.
    it is back fairly quickly... perhaps i just didn't see it before, idk. following ...
    difficult to track, but finished. perhaps we are thinking of a different mission... i was looking for help finding it, but it sort of just appeared.
    Post edited by jamvaru on