test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How To Fix Your Dog CC Problems

So, I have your fairly regular CC powers, Sleep, Paralyze, Stun, Sprites w/ Challenge. I was one of those that had all the regular problems, dogs would get out of sync, a dog would wander of randomly for no apparent reason, dogs would wake up before the timer ran out, etc. And then things can get even crazier with numerous wipes. I was getting really pissed and felt like I wasn't doing my job properly.

Now, my preferred method is the Sleep-Stun-Sleep over the Sleep-Paralyze style. The Sleep-Para method is so susceptible to timer borking and requires some really tight timing.

However, my method requires that I have aggro on the dogs. Given that I run in support form, this can be challenging. And we all know, after a few wipes, aggro gets really wonky. So, I thought, what helps maintain aggro. OV Gloves of the Defender! You could also use Confront mods, but same effect.

So, I got some and I tell you it really works. I sleep them, then spam sprites and, no matter how messed up everything is, eventually I get aggro. I'm looking at the possibility of getting a Confront mod to make it even easier to grab aggro.

One of the benefits of the Sleep-Stun method is that you eliminate the problem of timers getting off. As soon as one dog wakes up, I pop stun, which wakes them all up, which resets all the timers and stuns them, which give me time to re-sleep them. No more worrying about exact timing, or weird timers, just wait till you see that first blue bubble and pop Stun-Sleep. Since I have swapped to that, I haven't had any problems with those wacked-out dog issues. Now, if something screws up, it is definitely operator error.

Of course, I carry a regular set of non-OV gloves for other content.

Anyway, that's my tip, give it a shot and see what you think.

- - - - -
SIGNATURE:
Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.

Comments