test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cosmics Pass Needed

roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
edited February 2017 in Suggestions Box
The three monsters, Teleiosaurus, Kigatilik, and Qwijybo, have become fairly routine to beat.

In fact, they can be beaten so fast (dino and ape in 5 minutes) that some folks don't even get credit (especially side/baby tanks, CCer on ape).

Think it's time they had another pass.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
Post edited by roughbearmattach on

Comments

• Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    No.

Cosmics were reworked to be made challenging and at the same time more accessable. They are not meant to be only for select groups of elitists. Sure some people can make cosmic fights more trivial than intended, but to make them more challenging than they currently are would only serve to make them only accessable by those few people.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Yet we will get epic hour plus runs on some of them, especially during cosmics week. Some still fail. I prefer to think we all have gotten better, not that the cosmics have become easier :). I certainly don't want to hear more "Stop dying!" during Kiga.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Yet we will get epic hour plus runs on some of them, especially during cosmics week. Some still fail. I prefer to think we all have gotten better, not that the cosmics have become easier :). I certainly don't want to hear more "Stop dying!" during Kiga.

Exactly... and the only thing that needs to be looked at is the lack of credit to some... and kaizerin already said they were looking into the lack of credit for CCers...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    How about No?
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I changed my initial wording from "easy" to "routine".

My point still stands, though. Cosmics can now be completed at such speed that baby tank (and baby tank healer), side/auxillary tanks, and hearts CCer sometimes don't get credit. Those of us who don't always bring DPS need to be considered. It already can be a hassle to get someone to take these roles. With uncertainty about mission credit, it isn't very appealing.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    A cosmic threat being defeated in just minutes seems . . . not so Cosmic. Scoring should be revisited, but perhaps some more fine tuning besides.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Well, the problem is that with the right group of people who know what they are doing they can go down pretty quick. Agreed. But, there are still times when they drag on for a very long time (like when people seem to be asleep during dino dps checks). I'm worried that the balance between "doable fast by the knowledgeable" will tun in "complete frustration for those still learning". There may be a pretty fine line there. E.g. what would dropping the dps check window by half a second do?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I think Roughbear's suggestion has a lot of merit.

A lot of merit indeed.
  • Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User

A cosmic threat being defeated in just minutes seems . . . not so Cosmic. Scoring should be revisited, but perhaps some more fine tuning besides.

Well, if the group dealing with the Cosmic threat is comprised of Supermen, Silver Surfers, Green Lanterns, Thors, Batmen, etc., then a quick end happens. On the other hand, if there's the Great Lakes Avengers, the Legion of Substitute Heroes, and led by the Tick doing the Cosmic battle, it's a different story :p
  • Options

Well, if the group dealing with the Cosmic threat is comprised of Supermen, Silver Surfers, Green Lanterns, Thors, Batmen, etc., then a quick end happens. On the other hand, if there's the Great Lakes Avengers, the Legion of Substitute Heroes, and led by the Tick doing the Cosmic battle, it's a different story :p

Is this the GLA with or without Squirrel Girl?

• Options
    So, this evening I think we had 2 1.5 hour ape attempts! Hmm, do the cosmics really need buffing?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    gradii said:

Not all of the so called "Cosmic" threats are cosmic. one is an overgrown dinosaur, another is an angry monkey.

Of these, only kigatilik and eidolon can truly be called cosmic.

Well then I guess only Kiga and Eidelon should be dropping GCR :D
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    I'm gonna reserve judgement until after the AT nerf. AT damage was a big issue y'know! Those jerks were blowing holes clean through the game. A dev died because of the damage overflow.
  • Options
    gradii said:

spinnytop said:

gradii said:

Not all of the so called "Cosmic" threats are cosmic. one is an overgrown dinosaur, another is an angry monkey.

Of these, only kigatilik and eidolon can truly be called cosmic.

Well then I guess only Kiga and Eidelon should be dropping GCR :D
    GCR has nothing to do with "Cosmic" and everything to do with "Difficulty"
    Well then I guess only Eidelon should be dropping GCR :D
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

I changed my initial wording from "easy" to "routine".

My point still stands, though. Cosmics can now be completed at such speed that baby tank (and baby tank healer), side/auxillary tanks, and hearts CCer sometimes don't get credit. Those of us who don't always bring DPS need to be considered. It already can be a hassle to get someone to take these roles. With uncertainty about mission credit, it isn't very appealing.

Those of us who don't min max or with builds that aren't 'optimized' need to be considered as well. The devs have done plenty to alienate part of their playerbase already, they don't need to do more.

• Options

So, this evening I think we had 2 1.5 hour ape attempts! Hmm, do the cosmics really need buffing?

I played on some bad runs yesterday, too: all had the involvement of trolls, which is a problem independent of the difficulty of Cosmics.

For the record, though I am a vet player, I am not an Elite, and not much of a min/maxer. I'd go as far to say that, while I know lots about the game, builds, and the Cosmics, I am not really so great in actual gameplay. Poor attention and poor reflexes will do that. I still think Cosmics need another pass.

• Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Yup let's give everyone more of a reason to b!tch at each other when people find themselves wiping much more easily with a difficulty increase.

I've been in enough cosmic fights to know that it takes waaaaay more than 5 mins to complete the fight. This whole "Only 5 mins" thing comes off as the occasional exception compared to a more frequent norm. The cosmics are fairly routine to beat. They're not fairly routine to beat at just 5 mins.

Also if you've logged in at the wrong time and just missed a cosmic fight while seeing a fresh 2 hour timer, that's really no one else's fault but yours, and it's hardly any indication that it's because the fight lasted 5 mins.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    INSTEAD of rehashing the """Endgame""" which called Cosmics just because Players FINALLY realized the correct strategy and got their **** together, I would prefer if DEVs use their time and resource on NEW stuff

I'm sick of open world cosmics, i find them a lazy excuse for endgame
    and Honestly just focusing on making those SPECIFIC bosses stronger over and over again it's just pitiful
    You know what I want more? MORE EPIC LAIRS, instead of forcing 30-50+ strangers working together
    So take DEV's time and focus on THAT along with Bug fixes and Quality of Life improvements

and you know what, consider yourself lucky you got a cosmic PUG where everything Melted, because most of the time I see 2-3 hours attempt and sheer stupidity

P.S Only Eidolon and the stupid OMs need to be revamped, the OM changed killed my interest for farming GCR
    His Voice files are in the game but they are not even been used​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos said:

INSTEAD of rehashing the """Endgame""" which called Cosmics just because Players FINALLY realized the correct strategy and got their **** together, I would prefer if DEVs use their time and resource on NEW stuff

Well, they are making new stuff. But they're also going to update the cosmics because they are a continuing source of rewards for players, and they need to make sure that they stay at the intended rate of reward distribution. Other games have the luxury of just coming out with a new Tier of content and rewards which solve the problem for them. Unless we want to have to constantly replace our gear with new tiers, then we need to make sure that all relevant content is difficult enough. Right now ( just as I predicted btw ) people are just raking in the rewards from this stuff - it's practically free. That was never the intent - every cosmic fight should be a struggle. And yeah I get that some folks don't handle that particularly well, but that's fine.
  • Options
    Did Kaiserin every actually say how long she wanted a typical run of all 3 cosmics to go? Without that metric it might be hard to say how tough, on average, they really are. There's quite a range you know. Sure, it is possible for 15 people to take each of them down in 15 minutes each, or less (i.e. 45 minutes total), but we've also seen any one of them still drag on for much much longer, for various reason.

I guess one solution is to just have a troll show up for each run; that sure adds difficulty ;)

Personally, I'd still rather see more though put in to making them look more like free wheeling super hero battles, rather than a mosh pit or rugby scrum. Only ape really has the right feel to it (at least to me). I always laugh at the huge Eido arena compared to the tiny little area into which all the heroes need to squash themselves in order to counter the mechanics there.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Players will naturally stand together anyways, because of auras and wanting to be in range of a healer and being in the area of effect of aoe heals. And of course, melee.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Well, they are making new stuff. But they're also going to update the cosmics because they are a continuing source of rewards for players, and they need to make sure that they stay at the intended rate of reward distribution. Other games have the luxury of just coming out with a new Tier of content and rewards which solve the problem for them. Unless we want to have to constantly replace our gear with new tiers, then we need to make sure that all relevant content is difficult enough. Right now ( just as I predicted btw ) people are just raking in the rewards from this stuff - it's practically free. That was never the intent - every cosmic fight should be a struggle. And yeah I get that some folks don't handle that particularly well, but that's fine.

I wish that people understood this. Cosmics were intended to be content that you didn't always win. Same for Teleios Ascendant. Even a well-built team with planning should be able to fail with a mistake or bad luck. This was always the intent.

The game has plenty of stuff where success is guaranteed, or nearly so. Again, I say this as someone who does get frustrated when a run fails, as someone who isn't even a great player. Autowin content (like event missions, Alerts, and most Rampage runs) already exists, and more will be made for each server wide event.

Cosmics need to be maintained as a renewable challenge. Mind you--doesn't always have to be harder. New mechanics would be "going sideways", rather than up, and would accomplish the same effect.

• Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User

I wish that people understood this. Cosmics were intended to be content that you didn't always win. Same for Teleios Ascendant. Even a well-built team with planning should be able to fail with a mistake or bad luck. This was always the intent.

The game has plenty of stuff where success is guaranteed, or nearly so. Again, I say this as someone who does get frustrated when a run fails, as someone who isn't even a great player. Autowin content (like event missions, Alerts, and most Rampage runs) already exists, and more will be made for each server wide event.

Cosmics need to be maintained as a renewable challenge. Mind you--doesn't always have to be harder. New mechanics would be "going sideways", rather than up, and would accomplish the same effect.

I agree that Cosmic level OMs should remain challenging, not necessarily make them artificially harder (as in the case of the Eido OMs). Adding a layer that requires just a little more teamwork should be fine. I think the upcoming Western-tech OM shows steps in the right direction.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Sounds like Cosmics are being described as huge stupid towering bags of HP and all it takes to get the fight done is to just keep whacking them till the HP meter reaches zero, which isn't the case at all.

This assertion that they're "auto-win" fights seems to stem from the assumption that perfect combinations of players with elite builds is always around to make the fight end flawlessly each time, which they don't. Success is never a guaranteed thing with Cosmics in their current states. Well-built groups still fail. People still get punished from making mistakes, which more often than not means an instant face-plant or eventual wipe.

• Options
    Please stop the trend of calling the Liberator in the new desert mission a Cosmic.

It isn't.

• Options

This assertion that they're "auto-win" fights seems to stem from the assumption that perfect combinations of players with elite builds is always around to make the fight end flawlessly each time, which they don't.

Not really. It stems more from the observation that currently, dino kiga and ape are basically on farm status and are being farmed around the clock ( okay probably not during those few hours when the game is mostly dead ). Enough people have them figured out that that pool of players that it takes to get the event done has become large enough that it's rare for them not to be on hand. The real problem is not the situation as it is now - the real problem is what the situation will be a month, two months, three months from now, since more players will become part of that pool over time and eventually reliable 5 minute runs will become a reality. At that point you have two big problems - currency inflation, and player boredom.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    My point still stands, though. Cosmics can now be completed at such speed that baby tank (and baby tank healer), side/auxillary tanks, and hearts CCer sometimes don't get credit.
    That's a symptom of participation thresholds being terrible and a good argument for lowering or removing them, not that cosmics are too routine/easy/whatever. In most MMOs, no content is meant to last forever and devs answer that with new content, not by constantly raising the bar on and revamping existing content.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    Please note--Cosmics don't have to have bigger numbers after a pass. Changes can be sideways.

As for not constantly raising the bar . . . the devs have specifically stated that Cosmics would be "evergreen". They were put out with the design intent of periodic changes in mechanics and difficulty.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    gradii said:

I'm going to turn around and agree with you that cosmics badly need a pass- the mechanics are lame and cheap and a total un fun mess. they need to learn how some other games beat CO black and blue and bloody in how much better they do world bosses.

Thing is, they know that. They just didn't want to put out something that they knew our playerbase couldn't handle, so they had to put out really simple beginner fights. A lot of the stuff you folks were complaining about being too difficult was actively acknowledged to be "just simple introductory content". They needed people to get a basic handle on concepts like "how to generate aggro" and "how to dps good" and "how to block slow obvious attacks" and "how to heal good" and "how to move out of the fire" before they could release content that requires anything more of us - and they were right to do so, just look at how hard the playerbase struggled with even just those basic concepts.

Basically, they wanted to avoid putting out content that only the most elite of players could handle; they wanted to put out stuff that everyone could handle, and then slowly crank it up from there so that everyone could get used to things over time and participate in every stage of development. Chew on that.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • Options
    blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    And they added something with a little bit more mechanics, Eido, but alot of people still fail to understand these mechanics, even after explaining them 3 times.I feel like the new content shoul be lair-based and a revamp of the different OMs in the game to drop interesting rewards like the OMs in Vibora could have chances to drop costumes unlocks, devices, etc.

• Options
    Eido mechanics are interesting and not boring, you just need to learn how to move, and to pay attention to your screen.

• Options
    Except that there will also always be new people who don't know the mechanics, people with new builds who have to figure out how best to use them, and trolls. One person at kiga who just keeps dying can drag the fight out forever. One time at ape a vet who got there late decided to tag the hearts a few times to make sure the fight went long enough for that person to get credit. Do people arriving late to dino purposefully miss the dps checks in order to make sure they get credit?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    Indeed, but I don't play CO for the hardcore raids, I play it for the roleplay, a little bit of cosmics, and the customization. That's all
    Oh, and the fact that as a FF you can do really a build that suits you

• Options
    gradii said:

MORE mechanics isn't always better. It's WHICH mechanics and the quality of these mechanics which counts.

Yes, what you put into a game determines how fun the game is. What a revelation o3o
  • Options
    gradii said:

blockwave said:

Eido mechanics are interesting and not boring, you just need to learn how to move, and to pay attention to your screen.

Eidolon is definitely the best of CO cosmics but if you've ever played games like SWTOR and WOW you'll run into far more interesting and fun boss mechanics.
    FYI, This isn't SWtOR or WoW... CO has a completely differnt dynamic to it than most MMOs even due to the nature of Free Form. Unlike those other games, the devs don't have the luxury of knowing precicely what sort of builds will be taken into the content, they have to design content that is as accessable as possible to an endless number of unknown builds. This is why most content up till recent has been extremely easy, and it is also why there is a majority that claims the new content is too hard or inaccessable to them. It's never been a LtP situation like some hardcores like to claim it is, it's a simple fact that Freeform creates a lot of unknowns that the devs have to either factor in for new content (easy content) or flat out ignore (hard content). This is why Q-zone is mostly empty, the vast majority of builds can't survive against the enemies out there.

If cosmics are dying quickly and with lots of player participation, then that should tell you that they are accessable to a wide variety of builds, unlike the Q-zone. Most people gravitate towards what is accessable and generally avoid grueling and punishing content.

Sure Cryptic could make Cosmics that have all the same sorts of mechanics as many of the high level raid bosses from WoW and SWtOR but if they did that then they wouldn't be building for the masses. A massive number of builds and players would simply be unable to participate due to their builds being to weak for the content or having absolutely nothing to contribute. And any good dev would want to avoid that.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    raighn said:

It's never been a LtP situation like some hardcores like to claim it is, it's a simple fact that Freeform creates a lot of unknowns that the devs have to either factor in for new content (easy content) or flat out ignore (hard content). This is why Q-zone is mostly empty, the vast majority of builds can't survive against the enemies out there.

Eh, not quite. Sure there are a lot of combinations of builds you can make, but the end result always falls into the traditional MMO roles. They don't have to ignore anything, because they can safely assume that there will be tanks, healers, and dps present, and they make the content accordingly.

As for QWZ, any build can survive there - they just need to grab a buddy or two. Sure, the more skilled players can solo there but it's not really a requirement to do so. The real reason that the QWZ is largely empty is because SCR and GCR were beginning to be much easier to get from Cosmics around the time the QWZ came out, and have only become easier and easier to get. We are in fact now in a situation where tokens are so easy to get from Cosmics alone that people don't have to bother with anything else. That's kind of a bad thing when they're in the process of trying to diversify our endgame content.
    raighn said:

If cosmics are dying quickly and with lots of player participation, then that should tell you that they are accessable to a wide variety of builds, unlike the Q-zone. Most people gravitate towards what is accessable and generally avoid grueling and punishing content.

No, that means they're too easy. People gravitate to the easiest way to get what they want - if this means that they are focusing on a particular type of content and avoiding all others, then that's a bad thing.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    raighn wrote: »
    Sure Cryptic could make Cosmics that have all the same sorts of mechanics as many of the high level raid bosses from WoW and SWtOR but if they did that then they wouldn't be building for the masses. A massive number of builds and players would simply be unable to participate due to their builds being to weak for the content or having absolutely nothing to contribute. And any good dev would want to avoid that.
    Of those two games, I only know about WoW so that's what I'll be commenting on.

WoW's mechanics aren't necessarily harder than the mechanics of CO bosses. Some are, but others aren't. What matters more is the quality of the mechanics. Let me try to elaborate what I mean by that:

Boss mechanics are as much about presentation and theme as they are about challenging the players. Rewinding back a few expansions to the end of Mists of Pandaria, Garrosh Hellscream was the last boss of that expansion. He was an orcish warlord possessed by the Heart of Y'Shaarj--the remains of a dark, evil, maddening entity - kinda like Cthulhu & friends. Over the course of the fight, he'd start off as your typical angry orc with big weapons to throw at players. Periodically, he'd call for reinforcements and roll massive spiked balls of fiery death across the battlefield to crush players who didn't move out of the way. As the fight progressed, he'd become more and more possessed and his attacks would visibly indicate that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gceK-Q8p8Yk

Note that it's old content now, so people can solo it, but that wasn't obviously the case when it was current. Note the mechanics though, even though not all of them show since there's only 1 person: You can't normally just sit through the phase-out parts, and the last phase normally has adds that mind control players. The point is the mechanics tie in with the boss's theme, as well as how he transforms throughout the fight, extremely well.

They also really challenge the player to react differently, beyond just "block this" or "dps/cc that." Here's what I mean:

First phase: The Iron Stars (big balls of rolling death, not the theoretical cosmic phenomenon) have to be avoided, the adds, in addition to just needing to die, also need to be interrupted before they heal him (Farseers) while the weapons will leave a large swirly damage patch on the ground that shrinks as they lose health until they're killed. Note that the player can use the Iron Stars to kill the adds. In fact, that's part of the design.

Second Phase: As the maddening corruption from the Heart of Y'Shaarj begins to set in, his attacks become "darker" I guess you could say. I recall the shadowy whirl thing also summoning mind controlling adds, but maybe it didn't because the player left a Farseer alive throughout the fight, or because they were alone. Also, he starts hauling you off to a sort of nightmare vision area. Normally you have to clear your way through it, but maybe that can be cheesed on a solo run too.

Third Phase: By now, you can see he's become pretty corrupted. This phase intensifies all of his previous attacks (the purple swirly weapons can no longer be fully killed (so the player has to place them strategically) and the mind control adds (which again, the player managed to cheese) are much tougher and require more attention.

Point being, mechanics like that are what make wow encounters so far ahead of CO's. Even Eidolon, which people seem to regard as the best of the cosmics, can be summed up as "kill adds (stack to make them show up closer to everyone), don't stand in the bad, and block when the obligatory PBAoE wireframe pops up." Or something like that.

TL;DR: Mechanics should help illustrate a boss's theme as well as challenge the player to do different things besides just "block, kill (or cc) adds, and don't stand in bad."​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

raighn said:

It's never been a LtP situation like some hardcores like to claim it is, it's a simple fact that Freeform creates a lot of unknowns that the devs have to either factor in for new content (easy content) or flat out ignore (hard content). This is why Q-zone is mostly empty, the vast majority of builds can't survive against the enemies out there.

Eh, not quite. Sure there are a lot of combinations of builds you can make, but the end result always falls into the traditional MMO roles. They don't have to ignore anything, because they can safely assume that there will be tanks, healers, and dps present, and they make the content accordingly.
    You completely missunderstand, it has nothing to do with the presence of roles, it has everything to do with the ability combinations and effectiveness of individual builds. In a class based system th devs know everything that every class can bring to the fight and can use that knowledge to create challenging content that is completable by any combination of classes. When you move to a freeform system you have to account for builds that are both excessivly over powered and excessivly underpowered, additonally you have to consider highly specialized builds that simply don't exist in traditional MMOs. In traditional MMOs a class that was Crowd Control focused would also be an effecient DPS class and would have more for DPS than CC, but in a freeform system you can have a pure CC build that offers nothing in any other area.

When it comes to the traditoinal Tanks, DPS, and Healers, a taditional class based MMO has each role balanced to a hard standard. The defense of a Tank is limited and balanced with their damge output to insure there is no such thin as a "super tank". The damage of a DPS is limited to insure that enemies don't die too fast and arn't unkillable by non-DPS. The healing of Healers is restricted to insure that Tanks and DPS must remain active in their own survival and not rely 100% on the healers to keep them alive.

In a Freeform situation the traditional Tank, DPS, and Healer roles lose all of the balance that goes into their class based counter parts. Not only are Super Tanks possible as tanks in a Freeform system but so are "Fake Tanks" (AKA, DPS in Tank Role). DPS can do damage on both extreme ends of the spectrum making it difficult to design challenging enemies. Healers can carry teams through most any damage with little or no action from the Tank or DPS.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    raighn said:

You completely missunderstand, it has nothing to do with the presence of roles, it has everything to do with the ability combinations and effectiveness of individual builds.

This is much less of an issue than people make it out to be, especially now, and continues to be less of an issue as the power frameworks reviews go forward. It's easy to make a capable tank, healer, or dps that can perform adequately during endgame content no matter what your character concept is, barring a few niche ideas that have obvious warning signs.