test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PLEASE NO MORE GIANT MONSTER WEEKS

Devs... just please... no more... have mercy... I don't know if I can take it, anymore.
- - - - -
SIGNATURE:
Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    *throws fish at coach*
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Just do what I do: ignore giant monster week.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    what is wrong with giant monster week? It's great imo.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Giant Monster Week is also called "No Rampage Week".
    In that time, many players forego Rampages, the weekly Special Alert, and other content.

Also, Giant Monster Week brings many new folks to Cosmics. This makes them more difficulty/frustrating/reliable to defeat, but some of those inexperienced folks eventually become competent giant monster hunters.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Giant Monster Week brings many new folks to Cosmics. some of those inexperienced folks eventually become competent giant monster hunters.

^ that. Giant Monster week is important s( u 3 u)7

We need an Epic Lair week too. And a Warzone week.
  • nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    Or at least change the name to Giant Monster Season or something. It's been more than a week now.

I'm finding them fun, at least after the 1-2 hrs standing around waiting for them to actually start.
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The good part is that a lot of new players end up trying out cosmics (so builds the pool of players available to do them). The bad part is that a lot of new people end up trying out cosmics (OTOH takes a few days to get them to understand the mechanics, so lots of frustration all around) :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    nevyn34 said:

Or at least change the name to Giant Monster Season or something. It's been more than a week now.

I'm finding them fun, at least after the 1-2 hrs standing around waiting for them to actually start.

It was a one week event. Ended a while ago.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Ah, I see. I knew the 2 hour timers were part of it but I was expecting the increased GCR rewards to be more I guess. I thought if the increased rewards were 8 then they were 4 or 5 normally. I dunno, I never ran one before the event started.
    Post edited by nevyn34 on
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    nevyn34 said:

It's been more than a week now.

It was a one week event. Ended a while ago.

- - - - -
    SIGNATURE:

The good part is that a lot of new players end up trying out cosmics (so builds the pool of players available to do them). The bad part is that a lot of new people end up trying out cosmics (OTOH takes a few days to get them to understand the mechanics, so lots of frustration all around) :)

Also, Giant Monster Week brings many new folks to Cosmics. This makes them more difficulty/frustrating/reliable to defeat, but some of those inexperienced folks eventually become competent giant monster hunters.

What are you guys on about "new players"? There's always been plenty of new players. Prior to this week, we had always had new players at every run I've ever done (and that's been a lot). Maybe you guys were running Cosmics at off hours, or something, if you thought there were not enough new players. There has never been a shortage of new Cosmic Hunters.

However, your point about frustration is important and is what I'm getting at. GMW can actually have a negative effect on recruiting new hunters. When the fights take 2 hours and there gets to be a ton of screaming, that is not likely to make people want to do them again. I've had several people tell me there are not coming back.

Prior to GMW we were enjoying 15 minute runs, all very smooth, no shouting, no pointing fingers. When you get new people to something like that, they are much more likely going to want to return. Plus, it is much easier to teach the tactics to 3 new folks than 30, it makes it so much easier and more enjoyable for them.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

What are you guys on about "new players"? There's always been plenty of new players.

There are always some new players. GMW tends to increase their relative numbers.
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Not sure why this is a "bad" thing. Yes, it can be frustrating when there are a ton of new people zerging instead of listening to the vets rather than a few. Lord knows I've backed out after several tries, but it's always when there's at least one person griefing instead of following instructions).

But it also means more opportunities to keep doing it until you get your daily fill of GCR rather than waiting 2-3 hours for it to reset. It's an opportunity to build new veterans so that when things normalize again, there are more people ready to step up (and hopefully have a CC build rather than putzing around before one comes up).

I've seen new people enjoying it (even when it fails) because it's a learning experience. Some even say out loud how "ok, so that's why there needs to be this and that". So, again, IMHO not necessarily a bad thing.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

What are you guys on about "new players"? There's always been plenty of new players.

There are always some new players. GMW tends to increase their relative numbers.
    This.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

Not sure why this is a "bad" thing. Yes, it can be frustrating when there are a ton of new people zerging instead of listening to the vets rather than a few. Lord knows I've backed out after several tries, but it's always when there's at least one person griefing instead of following instructions).

But it also means more opportunities to keep doing it until you get your daily fill of GCR rather than waiting 2-3 hours for it to reset. It's an opportunity to build new veterans so that when things normalize again, there are more people ready to step up (and hopefully have a CC build rather than putzing around before one comes up).

I've seen new people enjoying it (even when it fails) because it's a learning experience. Some even say out loud how "ok, so that's why there needs to be this and that". So, again, IMHO not necessarily a bad thing.

Also this.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Or you know, do what you want to do instead of following the Herd. :kissing_blush:
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    edited January 2017

When you get new people to something like that, they are much more likely going to want to return.

Good. More people enjoying the new content is always a good thing. We wouldn't want to be naughty little elitists trying to keep the content all to ourselves now would we?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    But it's always NO rampage week.
    as for special alert, I got all 12 of my vigilance alts done on that in one evening​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    I'm surprised anyone runs those anymore considering that, for just a bit more GCR/SCR, they can opt out of token RNG.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    If you want Justice Gear you still do Rampages, at least until the system changes.
    aesica said:

I'm surprised anyone runs those anymore considering that, for just a bit more GCR/SCR, they can opt out of token RNG.​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    I really like that Cosmics are regularly filling entire zones. It's cool to see a large portion of the playerbase participating.

I'm also seeing some new people take on roles of CCers, Healers, Tanks, etc and am excited for them to organize the fights and take on the must-have roles.

Yes new people won't know much of what to do and it can make the fights take longer. It also makes them more challenging which can be fun in its own way. If you consider the longevity of the content, it's great to see more new people.

The first thing that many people do when they log on now is ask, "any Cosmics up right now" which is just really great to see.
    Also, I think someone else suggested this already but it'd be great to get MOAR Hard But Fun Thing Weeks.
    kamokami said:

I really like that Cosmics are regularly filling entire zones. It's cool to see a large portion of the playerbase participating.

I'm also seeing some new people take on roles of CCers, Healers, Tanks, etc and am excited for them to organize the fights and take on the must-have roles.

Yes new people won't know much of what to do and it can make the fights take longer. It also makes them more challenging which can be fun in its own way. If you consider the longevity of the content, it's great to see more new people.

The first thing that many people do when they log on now is ask, "any Cosmics up right now" which is just really great to see.

I agree.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Spinny said:

<quote>Good. More people enjoying the new content is always a good thing. We wouldn't want to be naughty little elitists trying to keep the content all to ourselves now would we? </quote>

He was saying it was a good thing when new players experience good runs (which are more likely during non-GMW), and a bad thing when new players experience frustrating ****-shows (more likely during GMW). You just made up the part about that somehow sounding elitist.
    Oh look, someone tried to speak for me and somehow fell into a puddle of their own feces instead o3o fancy that.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    F*** no giant monster week. I want more giant monsters full stop.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    jonesing4 said:

He was saying it was a good thing when new players experience good runs (which are more likely during non-GMW), and a bad thing when new players experience frustrating ****-shows (more likely during GMW). You just made up the part about that somehow sounding elitist.

Are new players showing up expecting a smooth ride despite being actually new? We're fighting cosmics so there will be wipes and resets.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    nepht wrote: »
    F*** no giant monster week. I want more giant monsters full stop.

<insert obligatory comment about relative>​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    kamokami said:

jonesing4 said:

Are new players showing up expecting a smooth ride despite being actually new? We're fighting cosmics so there will be wipes and resets.
    Why not? The experienced hunters can carry a few new folks while they learn. But 30? Not happening.

Anyway, yeah a wipe or three isn't very discouraging. But 3 hour Kiga's with 17 wipes? That is definitely a turn off.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    It's just frustrating when some players seem to either not be paying attention to zone chat or don't understand English (well?). You know what I mean. The players who take forever to grasp that their squishy dps needs to block during snow storms, that people with AoEs need to put some thought into how to use them around ape, etc. It seems that those sorts of things ratchet up the frustration for some folks more than others.
    kamokami said:

JwLmWoa.png
    Spinny said:
    "Oh look, someone tried to speak for me and somehow fell into a puddle of their own feces instead o3o fancy that."

I'm assuming this was directed at me. (1) I didn't try to speak for you, I quoted you. The quote function isn't working for me, so I did it in a very arcane way that might have confused you: copying your text and pasting it directly under a heading that indicates you said it. (2) What are you on about? (3) What happened to you in your life to make you this way? (4) Have you read what coach said and then what you said? Read it again.

Kamomaki said:
    "Are new players showing up expecting a smooth ride despite being actually new? We're fighting cosmics so there will be wipes and resets."

Not sure, haven't polled all of the new players who show up. I would imagine that, regardless of expectations, 30 minutes of an eventually successful encounter would be preferred over hours of something that is not fun and ultimately not rewarding. I really didn't anticipate anybody really being able to disagree with that, so I'm not sure where your objection comes from.
    jonesing4 said:

preferred over hours of something that is not fun and ultimately not rewarding.

What about hours of something that is fun and ultimately rewarding?
    Everyone would love that, but that's not what you get during a typical 'cosmic nightmare scenario'.

Especially if it's your first time, it's not fun, at all. A lot of standing around, a lot of blaming back and forth, a lot of whining about difficulty, a lot of trollish comments, etc.

I had taken months off when I came back to the game and started doing cosmics. First one I did was Kiga... about a half-dozen people had no idea what to do, and we failed over and over and over again. If I didn't have 6+ years invested in the game, it would've been easy to decide that it wasn't for me. First Ape run, on the other hand, everyone knew what to do, we finished him with minor complications, and I enjoyed myself. I looked forward to doing more cosmics after that.
    edited January 2017
    jonesing4 said:

Everyone would love that, but that's not what you get during a typical 'cosmic nightmare scenario'.

Well yes, if you start with the assumption that it's a nightmare scenario, of course it's a nightmare scenario.

My ideal scenario for trying out new content would be "challenging, but if I step up my game I'll achieve it". That's probably the biggest problem with Cosmics: your own personal improvement is not likely to have a visible effect on whether the fight succeeds or fails, unless you're one of a fairly small number of key players -- and truly new players aren't likely to be one of that fairly small number (it's grossly unlikely that you'll come to your first Cosmic prepared for maintank or CC).
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    chaelk said:

<insert obligatory comment about relative>​​

Youv'e seen Ginger's photo then.
    (Not that Ginger -_-)
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited January 2017
    jonesing4 said:

I'm assuming this was directed at me. (1) I didn't try to speak for you, I quoted you. The quote function isn't working for me, so I did it in a very arcane way that might have confused you: copying your text and pasting it directly under a heading that indicates you said it. (2) What are you on about? (3) What happened to you in your life to make you this way? (4) Have you read what coach said and then what you said? Read it again.

4. What you quoted me saying was not in response to Coach.
    3. I was born with the faculties required to have a sense of humor.
    2. You might not know since you thought I was responding to coach.
    1. You're probably using the forum extension, it randomly borks quotes and other things.

Back to #2 - he was saying that we should restrict the amount of new players coming in so that we have more successful runs. A truly elitist statement. Yes, he pointed out that the new people might be more likely to stay if the runs are smooth, but that doesn't undo the elitist sentiment of wanting to keep the content all to ourselves to avoid newbies coming in and daring to make things difficult with their inexperience. The very idea that we, simply because we've done it more, should somehow be in charge of who and how many get to show up, is undeniably elitist. New people get to show up whenever they want, and Monster Week is designed to steer them in that direction - if that sticks in someone's craw, they can take a week off ( just realize that only means the newbies will learn less and will be a bigger problem for longer - damned if you, damned if you don't ).

If you want to be able to control who comes with, stick to TA, it's designed for that mentality.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    (Side note: I don't have forum extension and mobile never quotes [just says: null] and my desktop has recently started to not quote)

I think the forum is just borky...oh and if I post more than 3 pic it will delete my post (even if I'm the TS)

That's probably the biggest problem with Cosmics: your own personal improvement is not likely to have a visible effect on whether the fight succeeds or fails, unless you're one of a fairly small number of key players -- and truly new players aren't likely to be one of that fairly small number (it's grossly unlikely that you'll come to your first Cosmic prepared for maintank or CC).

I agree with this to an extent. Most Cosmic personal improvement is more about things that don't happen. i.e., "I didn't die so I never made Kiga heal", or "I didn't hit a heart so I never made Ape heal", or just in general "I didn't die as much as last time". For Dino personal improvement would be something like "I didn't get knocked or stunned during most of those checks and I was able to consistently dps".

Another issue is also that not only do we not get personal feedback, the group doesn't get much feedback about the individual either. We're basically grasping at straws when we try to figure out why we didn't put out enough damage during dino - do people have bad builds, are people not trying, are people blocking through the check, etc...

This is a general reality with big group content though, especially open world - that's why I'm not such a big fan, I like personal feedback and having my personal contribution be apparent. It's a shame then that open world cosmics are such a popular part of endgame... it sends the message that we actually enjoy this stuff more than instanced content.
    spinnytop said:

Another issue is also that not only do we not get personal feedback, the group doesn't get much feedback about the individual either.

We're basically grasping at straws when we try to figure out why we didn't put out enough damage during dino - do people have bad builds, are people not trying, are people blocking through the check, etc...

It's perfectly possible to run a parser and figure out who's underperforming, but very few people want to be told "well, if you'd just leave the run would be better".
    spinnytop said:

This is a general reality with big group content though, especially open world - that's why I'm not such a big fan, I like personal feedback and having my personal contribution be apparent. It's a shame then that open world cosmics are such a popular part of endgame... it sends the message that we actually enjoy this stuff more than instanced content.

The advantage of cosmics is closely related to their disadvantage: you can just show up and get involved. You don't need to know anyone, you can't be kicked for being inexperienced, and so on. By comparison, for TA, you have to actually find a team that's willing to accept you (a problem for a novice), and if you do find a team it might be a bad team (and a bad TA is way worse than a bad Cosmic).

It's hard to see a way around that, though. Sure, you can create instanced content that's also pug-friendly, but doing so is incompatible with much in the way of challenge, Cybermind or F&I is about the upper end of feasible difficulty there.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    It's hard to see a way around that, though. Sure, you can create instanced content that's also pug-friendly, but doing so is incompatible with much in the way of challenge, Cybermind or F&I is about the upper end of feasible difficulty there.
    Multiple difficulty settings would solve this problem. It would allow people to more casually experience the content while still giving challenge-seekers what they want. Everyone wins this way instead of just some people.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    Wow, I'm glad my snarky post got some real discussion going! This is great.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    edited January 2017

It's perfectly possible to run a parser

But will the parser tell you any of the things I listed? Feedback is more than just telling you your dps.

It's hard to see a way around that, though.

The way around it is actually pretty easy. Those pro players just need to start recruiting for TA in a public channel and give people a chance. Some might say that some have already started doing that ;)

Or those players just start their own teams. I've actually been invited to TA groups where not a single member was in the TA Groups channel and they did great, so apparently it's not as big of a hurdle as you might think ( in fact all those times we said TA isn't even that hard we may have actually been right! ). I think certain player's crusade to disrupt the myths of "big scary TA" might be starting to pay off.
    spinnytop said:

The way around it is actually pretty easy. Those pro players just need to start recruiting for TA in a public channel and give people a chance. Some might say that some have already started doing that ;)

That's only a reasonable expectation if adding new people is unlikely to turn a 40 minute run into a 2 hour run; most people's generosity is limited in scope. You can usually add one novice dps without trouble, but more than one novice, or a novice in a non-dps role, has a tendency to turn into a mess.
    spinnytop said:

Or those players just start their own teams. I've actually been invited to TA groups where not a single member was in the TA Groups channel

The above statement is clearly untrue, since you were in the group, but the issue is the number of true novices, not whether the veterans come from a specific community of veterans.

That's only a reasonable expectation if adding new people is unlikely to turn a 40 minute run into a 2 hour run; most people's generosity is limited in scope. You can usually add one novice dps without trouble, but more than one novice, or a novice in a non-dps role, has a tendency to turn into a mess.

It's a reasonable expectation if you think in the long term. Do I want a bigger pool of players in the future? yes I do, because I like to put groups together quickly. I get what I want by being proactive, not by sitting back and waiting for someone else to do it.

The above statement is clearly untrue, since you were in the group, but the issue is the number of true novices, not whether the veterans come from a specific community of veterans.

I never made a point about them being novices. The point I was making is that there are people running TA just fine who aren't part of the typical "CO pros" clique. You know, that group that constantly talks like if there's not enough of them in a group, then things turn into a mess? >w>
    spinnytop said:

I never made a point about them being novices. The point I was making is that there are people running TA just fine who aren't part of the typical "CO pros" clique.
    I never said anything about the 'typical "CO pros"'. Yes, I have seen people advertising for TA on, say, Cosmic HQ or Trade (also several other non-public channels), and I expect there are people recruiting through channels I'm completely unaware of. This does not change the basic fact that the number of slots open for novices is quite limited.
    spinnytop said:

4. What you quoted me saying was not in response to Coach.

Quoting powers have returned. Like ratty, I don't use the extension, I just get weird errors with basic stuff a lot of times. Anyway.

I can't imagine who else it was in response to, then. It followed your own quoting of coach, and nobody else in the thread at that point had really agreed with him or said anything approaching 'elitism'. Honestly, I'm stumped.
    spinnytop said:

3. I was born with the faculties required to have a sense of humor.
    2. You might not know since you thought I was responding to coach.
    1. You're probably using the forum extension, it randomly borks quotes and other things.

Back to #2 - he was saying that we should restrict the amount of new players coming in so that we have more successful runs. A truly elitist statement. Yes, he pointed out that the new people might be more likely to stay if the runs are smooth, but that doesn't undo the elitist sentiment of wanting to keep the content all to ourselves to avoid newbies coming in and daring to make things difficult with their inexperience. The very idea that we, simply because we've done it more, should somehow be in charge of who and how many get to show up, is undeniably elitist. New people get to show up whenever they want, and Monster Week is designed to steer them in that direction - if that sticks in someone's craw, they can take a week off ( just realize that only means the newbies will learn less and will be a bigger problem for longer - damned if you, damned if you don't ).

If you want to be able to control who comes with, stick to TA, it's designed for that mentality.

Again, you're reading a lot into what he said (specifically, the part you quoted where you somehow weren't responding to him). The point isn't that "we" have more successful runs by restricting the amount of new players coming in. The point is that "everyone" suffers when the encounter is flooded with an unusual volume of people who don't know how to do the most challenging and finnicky content in the game. People who wanna just grind out their monster kill for the GCR suffer. New people who wanted to check out something fun suffer. People who want new people to enjoy themselves at monster hunts suffer.
    edited January 2017
    What is all this suffering and "nightmare scenario" stuff?

When the runs succeed, which let's be real.....they do the vast majority of the time....then new people see that the Cosmics are doable and start coming regularly and figure out what to do. Which they have been....there are new players baby tanking, main tanking, cc-ing, healing, etc...and as they get practice they improve. Just like "the vets" do. Then even more runs happen and succeed. Hooray!!

Cosmics go down a few minutes after they come up. And they go down a lot! Every day. Maybe sometimes a run goes on for an hour....so what? It's a Cosmic not a Grab Alert!

It's supposed to be hard and sometimes unsuccessful. That's what makes beating them that much more satisfying. Right before the first time Kiga was downed after a patch everyone said it was impossible....and still showed up to do it. Because they want to beat it. It's how beating Eido feels right now. It's great! You don't get that feeling from beating Kiga anymore because he's just a big fat testing dummy at this point....so when you win it's like, "Eh ok". And when you don't there's a flood of tears drowning zone chat.

Reset your expectations.....expect to wipe, to die, to not know stuff, and pay attention and learn. And if you don't want to do those things then don't show up. It's ok we'll be fine.

Now how did we get to this point where we can get enough people to do Cosmics successfully like clockwork? Well we were new and clueless and over time figured things out. And then when new content comes out - and it is coming out - we'll be clueless again and will need to do some fun detective work to figure things out.

What a total nightmare full of suffering! I can't believe the toughest hardest boss fights in the game only have a 90% success rate!
    kamokami said:

Cosmics go down a few minutes after they come up. And they go down a lot! Every day. Maybe sometimes a run goes on for an hour....so what? It's a Cosmic not a Grab Alert!

Though I am a veteran player, I am far from elitist, not even that skillful to be honest. That being said, I've been on two ape runs and one kiga run that went too fast, actually, so fast that non-main tanks didn't get credit. Kamokami is right--Cosmics are doing pretty great, and new players, some of whom come in during Giant Monster Week, are definitely part of these successful groups.

I have reset my expectations (a while ago), and Eidolon is now the challenging Cosmic . . . until we figure that one out.

I never said anything about the 'typical "CO pros"'.

That's who I was referring to. I wasn't accusing you of having said anything about them, I was letting you know that that's who I was reffering to.