test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Damage Categories

vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
So, I took a break for a bit... and now we have a bunch of new stuffs! Whoot! But, some musical chairs apparently happened with the damage categories?! So... it seems toxic isn't elemental damage anymore. Are there other changes to the damage cats I missed? Trying to dig up the info.. but I'm getting a metric ton of nothing useful.

Comments

• morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    As far as I know, "elemental" is still fire/cold/toxic; where are you seeing differently?

(Though they have taken a number of resist debuffs and made them more single-type-specific; most notably, fire snake went from debuffing all elemental damage resist evenly, to mostly debuffing fire with only token benefits for cold or toxic damage.)
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Well, no actual changes to the category or type. Just designations are added or swapped around and there are more sources. Sonic is getting slow attention. Magic is a clear designation now when the Mystical frameworks were streamlined while also having effects that synch with the elemental ones.
    Post edited by servantrules on
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Damage categories have not changed, though they've been de-emphasized (category-wide debuffs have generally been reduced, with specific damage type debuffs added).
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    There have been no changes to damage types, it's always been like this and it still is.

Physical = crush, slashing, piercing
    Paranormal = magic, dimensional, ego
    Elemental = fire, ice, toxic
    Energy = lightning, sonic, particle
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Thanks! I must have gotten confused about what someone was telling me.. or they were confused... or possibly drunk.

Anyway... my mind has been set at ease... thanks again ye responders.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Pestilence got changed to poison and bleeds. Read through the patch notes for the last month, lots of power changes​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!