test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EXTREEEEEEEEEEAAAAM!!!!

2»

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    I have to admit, if forced to choose between only two art styles to have to live with forever, I'd prefer Liefeld to Bill Sienkewicz. Too abstract-impressionist for my taste.

And while I love Keith Giffen's pencils, I dislike it when he inks. No subtlety.​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I preferred Keith's writing to his art, and he's a good artist. I think I preferred Liefeld's art to his writing, and he's a terrible writer.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    But I think we can all agree Joe Madureira is the best!
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User

But I think we can all agree Joe Madureira is the best!

But he draws everyone like beastmen, Jim Lee is my fav artist!

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Agree to disa-YOU'RE WRONG!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Ugh, Lee. Cross-hatching until you plotz disguised as "detail" (that's not detail...detail is drawing small things very clearly, not filling space with pointless lines) and the same design/layout problems as almost all the Image crew. Total emphasis on pin-uppy figure drawing with no sense of storytelling.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2017

I mean... for the abdomen on the one on the right it looks like he just started scribbling randomly...

I mean it's comic books tho so we can always explain it with: "They're mutants so they... whatever, shut up."
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Liefeld was very good at arranging scenes where it looked like stuff was happening. You get a definite sense of motion from them. This is very good when you draw fights in every single issue.

photo 1356597007481.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    If Metron gets a fancy space chair and Wonder Woman has an invisable jet, surely Deathstroke can have an invisable flying chair.

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Deathdump.......

photo Deathdump.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods