test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you enjoy no credit for participating in content? Well then you'll love the CO holiday event!

It comes as no surprise that last minute content, added 3 days before Christmas, was broken. New content usually comes to us broken. That doesn't upset me as I've come to accept the new normal, however, what does irk me a little, was the timing of this years event update. Nobody wants to work over the holidays and so it baffles me that this update didn't go up a week earlier. Nothing like having broken content up for everyone to see over the holidays.

Anyways, this years "features" includes:

1) the return of the no credit bug, where you can spend 16 minutes fighting Clarence, rank in the top 10 even, and still not get credit or a reward (unless you count green secondary gear and I don't).

2) Nightmare Clarence's no tell, 360 breath weapon, that hits for outragous damage in a cone out in front of the bear, but also anyone in melee range beside or behind the bear.

3) wireframes that aren't sufficiently large enough to show the range of the attack. If you're just outside the wireframe you're actually 10 feet inside the attack radius.

Now I don't expect things to get fixed over the holidays, but I do ask the question why put broken content up so close to the holidays if you can't fix it? This isn't unplayable, it not even close to the worst glitches you had, but it is frustrating not knowing what killed you, or not getting credit for a fight you invited a quarter of an hour on.

Comments

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    These irk me, too. Still, I've learned the following:

1. There are so many opportunities to beat Clarence, that you just do the next one and get credit. Most runs I've done take less than 10 minutes. I've only seen this bug three times out of about 50 Clarence runs.

2. That breath weapon is rough, true. There is no wireframe or BOOM or similar tell, but Clarence's model animation does indicate it's coming. Annoying, but not the end of the world. Someone will just rez you, and you can keep fighting.

3. The wireframes are a bit smaller than the attack radius, true. Now that we know, we just move our toons a bit further out.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    yeah, the only run I've seen no-credit in was one where almost everyone got wiped repeatedly. LOTS of people were hit at the same time. The fact you get a piece of level 1 gear is just silly.... at least make the trash item my level.....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User

These irk me, too. Still, I've learned the following:

1. There are so many opportunities to beat Clarence, that you just do the next one and get credit. Most runs I've done take less than 10 minutes. I've only seen this bug three times out of about 50 Clarence runs.

2. That breath weapon is rough, true. There is no wireframe or BOOM or similar tell, but Clarence's model animation does indicate it's coming. Annoying, but not the end of the world. Someone will just rez you, and you can keep fighting.

3. The wireframes are a bit smaller than the attack radius, true. Now that we know, we just move our toons a bit further out.

Just to be clear I don't think this is game breaking stuff, just annoyances, and things I wish they'd given time to fix before the holidays. A lot of people get time off this time of the year and so someone trying CO for the first time or after a long absence isn't getting the best impression of the game.
  • Options

yeah, the only run I've seen no-credit in was one where almost everyone got wiped repeatedly. LOTS of people were hit at the same time. The fact you get a piece of level 1 gear is just silly.... at least make the trash item my level.....

well it's like the insult to injury. Did you loose all your stars that fight? Here's something that's of no use to anyone for your troubles

The one good thing is that star refills are pretty easy to come by this event. Some are on a time limit though, make sure you use those first.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Nope, which is why I'm ignoring him. He was annoying enough with all the knockbacks and now they've made him even more annoying and on top of that my time might be wasted due to this bug, which has appeared more then once accross multiple events.

I get that leeches are annoying, but it's, imo, far more irritating for those who do participate to not get credit just because someone might decide to hit once or twice and stand back. I think it's time to rethink how this needing to get enough points to get credit. At least when it comes to limited time holiday events. If it were something permanent like Cosmics that would be fine, but this event will end before they get around to fixing this.
  • Options
    as rare as the non-credit bug for Clarence is..... It doesn't worry me.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Well at least you didn't have a huge over-reaction about it in a public space.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Well at least you didn't have a huge over-reaction about it in a public space.

Yes I'm glad also. Doing it here is better than in Zone chat.

Clearly the content needed more testing time.
  • Options
    as rare as this bug seems to be, I'm not sure how much more testing would have helped. I have personally only seen it ONCE the entire event.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Well to be clear, I had it happen to me twice today, three times on boxing day, but only once prior to that. Not exactly what I'd call rare but clearly it happened enough for me to comment. Clarence spawns enough that the weight usually isn't that long, but as I'm usually fighting the bear for the dailies this little bug does effectively double the "making naughty nice" quest time.
  • Options
    Oh okay cause the OP makes it seem like this a huge problem. Glad we could clear up that you were only over-reacting.
    darqaura2 said:

This forum is a public space. You didn't know that? o.o
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    guyhumual said:

It comes as no surprise that last minute content, added 3 days before Christmas, was broken. New content usually comes to us broken. That doesn't upset me as I've come to accept the new normal, however, what does irk me a little, was the timing of this years event update. Nobody wants to work over the holidays and so it baffles me that this update didn't go up a week earlier. Nothing like having broken content up for everyone to see over the holidays.

Anyways, this years "features" includes:

1) the return of the no credit bug, where you can spend 16 minutes fighting Clarence, rank in the top 10 even, and still not get credit or a reward (unless you count green secondary gear and I don't).

2) Nightmare Clarence's no tell, 360 breath weapon, that hits for outragous damage in a cone out in front of the bear, but also anyone in melee range beside or behind the bear.

3) wireframes that aren't sufficiently large enough to show the range of the attack. If you're just outside the wireframe you're actually 10 feet inside the attack radius.

Now I don't expect things to get fixed over the holidays, but I do ask the question why put broken content up so close to the holidays if you can't fix it? This isn't unplayable, it not even close to the worst glitches you had, but it is frustrating not knowing what killed you, or not getting credit for a fight you invited a quarter of an hour on.

Was this tested on PTS? If so theres your problem. Too many people bothered about their own powersets , stupid costumes and not enough people bothered about the actual content.

Time to let the normal majority of the players onto PTS and get this game sorted.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Oh okay cause the OP makes it seem like this a huge problem. Glad we could clear up that you were only over-reacting.

Huge problem huh? I use words like "it irks me a little" and "I find it frustrating" and Spinny sees that as a huge problem and an over reaction. There might be a problem here with someone blowing this post out of proportion Spinny, but it's not me.
  • Options
    nepht said:

Was this tested on PTS? If so theres your problem. Too many people bothered about their own powersets , stupid costumes and not enough people bothered about the actual content.

Time to let the normal majority of the players onto PTS and get this game sorted.

The window in which we get to test things is getting smaller, and with the frequent PTS wipes the time I spend testing is getting eaten up by re-equipping characters to test things.

Personally I'd have just preferred if they'd given themselves enough time to fix things after it went live, never mind before.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    This is almost certainly the type of bug that would not be found on PTS; it requires large numbers of players to try the fight multiple times to get it to actually replicate/
  • Options

This is almost certainly the type of bug that would not be found on PTS; it requires large numbers of players to try the fight multiple times to get it to actually replicate/

Certainly not the no credit bug, but some of the other things, like the no tell, 360 toxic breath weapon might have been given tells at the very least.
  • Options

And by "multiple times" you mean dozens.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

And by "multiple times" you mean dozens.

From my own personal experience I've seen it about half a dozen times now, and I've only done Clarence maybe three or four times that amount. I think this bug might be uncommon, 1 in 3 or 4, but there's likely a lot of things at play here. I'm not sure what's triggering it but it seems the longer the fight takes the more likely the no credit bug pops. If you're playing in prime time with a bunch of power gamers and Clarence goes down in 8 minutes or less I suspect that you're far less likely to see the bug.
  • Options
    Well, like I said, I've seen it once, and that fight had a lot of respawning. I've done longer ones where I didn't have the bug.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    highjusticarhighjusticar Posts: 140 Arc User
    I have had the one where no one got a reward, but the one I hate is no matter how many times I have beaten the tentacle Clarence, The perk for it is not rewarded.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    spinnytop said:

darqaura2 said:

This forum is a public space. You didn't know that? o.o
    Meh not that many people use the forums. Was saying better he did it here (where it's more appropriate) then throwing a hissy fit like every other nutnick in the game in zone chat. And I don't think he was over-reacting.
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

spinnytop said:

Huge problem huh? I use words like "it irks me a little" and "I find it frustrating" and Spinny sees that as a huge problem and an over reaction. There might be a problem here with someone blowing this post out of proportion Spinny, but it's not me.
    Pretty much this.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

spinnytop said:

You should probably just dismiss whatever Spinny says with an eye roll. All he ever does is brag, kiss up to the dev team, or try to stir up conflict by trolling like he's doing in this thread. Absolute worst poster on the forums, hands down.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    guyhumual said:

It can't be both a "cone in front of the bear" and a "360 breath weapon". As it happens, it is a cone in front of the bear and the easy solution for you and everyone else is to stay behind the bear.
    guyhumual said:

Just block if you see them.
    guyhumual said:

but it is frustrating not knowing what killed you

You can tell what killed you by looking at your combat tab. You can also look at all the people who did not get killed and stand where they are standing.
  • Options
    kamokami said:

It can't be both a "cone in front of the bear" and a "360 breath weapon". As it happens, it is a cone in front of the bear and the easy solution for you and everyone else is to stay behind the bear.

I know it can't be, but if you're in melee damage behind the bear you're still getting hit. That's why I reported it as a bug. I think they might have the cone eliminating from further back then it's supposed to.
    kamokami said:

Just block if you see them.

Well yes, I'm not an idiot. But it would be nice if the wire frames were accurate.
    kamokami said:

You can tell what killed you by looking at your combat tab. You can also look at all the people who did not get killed and stand where they are standing.

Dude, when there's 30 people fighting a giant monster who can hit everyone, you can't even scroll up fast enough to see what hit you. We're talking 30 updates every half tick sometimes, that's not even counting people attacking Clarence. Sure I could copy paste and look through it later, but the idea that I can just switch tabs and check seems pretty naive. There's usually like 40 to 60 updates between when I died and when I can move the mouse over to switch to the combat tab.

Also, not sure how long it's been since you fought a giant monster like Clarence, but most of his attacks have wire frame tells now. There's usually no great mystery as to what killed you, unless you're standing behind a nightmare Clarence and start taking massive damage (more then 1000 through blocks even) and have no idea what hit you. It took me getting killed while standing beside him to realize it was his breath attack. I'm sure it's easy to see if you're at range, but in melee I usually can't even tell if he's leaning forward.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    guyhumual said:

I know it can't be, but if you're in melee damage behind the bear you're still getting hit. That's why I reported it as a bug. I think they might have the cone eliminating from further back then it's supposed to.

I play as a melee DPS and stand right behind him. I tend to stay at 5ft away so that my NPG hits him and I don't get hit. Maybe you're too far forward? Try being at 10ft of range and then move progressively closer. Or just stand next to other melee players who are not dying.
    guyhumual said:

Dude, when there's 30 people fighting a giant monster who can hit everyone, you can't even scroll up fast enough to see what hit you. We're talking 30 updates every half tick sometimes, that's not even counting people attacking Clarence. Sure I could copy paste and look through it later, but the idea that I can just switch tabs and check seems pretty naive. There's usually like 40 to 60 updates between when I died and when I can move the mouse over to switch to the combat tab.

You can uncheck the box for viewing at other people's combat updates so that you can only see your own. After you die, there are no more updates for you so you easily scroll up to the last damage tick and see what caused it.
    guyhumual said:

Also, not sure how long it's been since you fought a giant monster like Clarence, but most of his attacks have wire frame tells now.

I fight giant monsters all the time. See link in sig. As for Clarence I just fought him a few hours ago and 4-5 times yesterday.
    guyhumual said:

There's usually no great mystery as to what killed you, unless you're standing behind a nightmare Clarence and start taking massive damage (more then 1000 through blocks even) and have no idea what hit you. It took me getting killed while standing beside him to realize it was his breath attack. I'm sure it's easy to see if you're at range, but in melee I usually can't even tell if he's leaning forward.

You can make it easy to see by typing the following command into your chat box: /camdist 150
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

spinnytop said:

An appropriate reaction would have been to put in a bug report. Beyond that, you're overreacting.
  • Options
    aesica said:

You should probably just dismiss whatever Spinny says with an eye roll. All he ever does is brag, kiss up to the dev team, or try to stir up conflict by trolling like he's doing in this thread. Absolute worst poster on the forums, hands down.

I'll give you some attention since nobody else will. Hi! :'D

Stop trying to tell people what to do though o3o
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    HA! Did someone say Spinny kisses up to the devs? I've seen the way Spinny talks to them when they appear in zone ( heck a lot of us have seen how they talk to devs >_>" ) and it aint kissing up unless kissing up involves saying "YOU SUCK!"

Foxi as they are better known enjoys the game and thinks its good thats not sucking up thats just saying what they think. Forums should not be an echo chamber for special snowflakes.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    kamokami said:

I play as a melee DPS and stand right behind him. I tend to stay at 5ft away so that my NPG hits him and I don't get hit. Maybe you're too far forward? Try being at 10ft of range and then move progressively closer. Or just stand next to other melee players who are not dying.

I have been doing this and it does work, finding that magical zone can be tough if you don't have a tank holding him in place though, Hopefully they'll fix it or better yet give it a tell or a wire frame so people in melee can know to block.
    kamokami said:

You can uncheck the box for viewing at other people's combat updates so that you can only see your own. After you die, there are no more updates for you so you easily scroll up to the last damage tick and see what caused it.

I'll do that. I didn't know it was even an option. Why would seeing other people's combat even be an option? Thanks
    kamokami said:

You can make it easy to see by typing the following command into your chat box: /camdist 150

What does this command do?
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

guyhumual said:

spinnytop said:

An appropriate reaction would have been to put in a bug report. Beyond that, you're overreacting.
    Not sure why you're trying to derail the thread but when you tell me I'm over reacting in one post and then say this in the very next:
    spinnytop said:

Maybe try follow your own advise? I mean I don't know what more to say to you. Maybe politely ask that if you don't have anything to contribute to the conversation that you move on and find something constructive to do?
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Then he wouldn't have anything to post in forums.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    guyhumual said:

kamokami said:

It sets the top-down camera distance further away than the default 30, so you can see Clarence's attack telegraph icons above his head, as to when to block when he's making his huge knockback attack. It's also helpful for other very huge targets.
    spinnytop said:

The lack of self-awareness being shown here is baffling.
  • Options
    nepht said:

HA! Did someone say Spinny kisses up to the devs? I've seen the way Spinny talks to them when they appear in zone ( heck a lot of us have seen how they talk to devs >_>" ) and it aint kissing up unless kissing up involves saying "YOU SUCK!"

Foxi as they are better known enjoys the game and thinks its good thats not sucking up thats just saying what they think. Forums should not be an echo chamber for special snowflakes.

I know how Foxi is a real close buddy of yours, but honestly, stop defending him when he's being a trolling **** towards others.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

nepht said:

I know how Foxi is a real close buddy of yours, but honestly, stop defending him when he's being a trolling **** towards others.
    Did I defend his troll **** actions? No I did not. I said he doesnt suck up to devs. Because he doesn't and if you check my post history I've called out Foxi for being a d*** plenty of times. Everything I said in that post is correct. Annoying as Foxi is they are optimistic about the game but not afraid to call out the devs when they f**k up. Love them or loath them this is true about Foxi.

I'd rather get trolled by Foxi now and then than have to put up with another doom thread.
    Theres a difference between being a d*** and a suck up and Foxi aint and never will be a suck up.

Also I have defended you and countless others in the past does that put you and them in the same bracket as Foxi?

*edit* Foxi has also proven themselves to be better at CO than most of the people that argue with them with only Vixy or Lyn able to out play them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Post edited by nepht on
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    nepht said:

Maybe he's different ingame, but on the forums, I consistently see him cheerleading changes that nobody else seems to like. The devs could put level 100 nightmare colossi all over in the newbie starting zone and, amidst the sea of complaints, Spinny would toddle up and say something like, "I think this is great design. It teaches new players to team up with friends and be aware of their surroundings."

Which live changes has he actually criticized them over?
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    This is a doom thread? Gee I thought it constructively highlighted concerns especially with the no-credit bug. Granted, workarounds have been suggested with regards to the other complaints, but I can understand why the no-credit bug might be a huge bummer and can pretty annoying. I certainly see no issue as to why it can't be a focus of discussion.

So Spinny is not a suck-up. Woop dee doo. He's still a very disruptive, trolling ***hat and you saying things like "I'd rather get trolled..." and "is better at CO than most people that argue with them" comes off as supportive of that.

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    aesica said:

Maybe he's different ingame, but on the forums, I consistently see him cheerleading changes that nobody else seems to like.

Part of that's because the people that don't like the changes are usually the only ones talking about it. People who like or are indifferent tend to post a lot less than those that are unhappy. I'm usually on Spinny's side, it's just pointless to argue about it, because those that are unhappy care about things I don't.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    aesica said:

Maybe he's different ingame, but on the forums, I consistently see him cheerleading changes that nobody else seems to like. The devs could put level 100 nightmare colossi all over in the newbie starting zone and, amidst the sea of complaints, Spinny would toddle up and say something like, "I think this is great design. It teaches new players to team up with friends and be aware of their surroundings."

First up your as trollish ( ina funny way ) as Foxi one half of the SUPER NO U BROS. as I call you two as all you and Foxi do is call each other names. Not hating I love your arguments and I am as trollish as you two on the forums so I can't talk >:D

I do team with the loon now and then they in all honestly love most of the changes but the Foxi also loves stuff like Dark Souls and really hard grindy stuff like Monster Hunter. They honestly do like the changes.

We might be WTF WHY THESE CHANGES ARE AWFUL ....but Foxi really does love them. Hard to wrap our heads around but its true. If you check my forum posts as a whole I kinda agree with you about many things wrong with the game except when you called Foxi a suck up. They ain't.
  • Options

guyhumual said:

kamokami said:

It sets the top-down camera distance further away than the default 30, so you can see Clarence's attack telegraph icons above his head, as to when to block when he's making his huge knockback attack. It's also helpful for other very huge targets.
    spinnytop said:

The lack of self-awareness being shown here is baffling.
    I lol'd.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Oh and if people are going to call me out for being BFF with a troll please mention the ACTUAL troll. My closest ally in Champions Online is and always will be Lucidity.

Get it right or GTFO :D
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    nepht said:

aesica said:

First up your as trollish ( ina funny way ) as Foxi one half of the SUPER NO U BROS. as I call you two as all you and Foxi do is call each other names. Not hating I love your arguments and I am as trollish as you two on the forums so I can't talk >:D

I do team with the loon now and then they in all honestly love most of the changes but the Foxi also loves stuff like Dark Souls and really hard grindy stuff like Monster Hunter. They honestly do like the changes.

We might be WTF WHY THESE CHANGES ARE AWFUL ....but Foxi really does love them. Hard to wrap our heads around but its true. If you check my forum posts as a whole I kinda agree with you about many things wrong with the game except when you called Foxi a suck up. They ain't.
    I appreciate Foxi. I think they are wrong 95% of the time when discussing changes made to the game. But I do appreciate Foxi. And I do appreciate when they are called out when they are simply being a d*&k. (Apparently it's cool to call Foxi a they???)

With that said we've all been d&*ks.

Oh and the original poster was NOT at all overreacting.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

guyhumual said:

spinnytop said:

Funny how discussion is now synonymous with overreacting. Not funny ha ha mind you.
  • Options
    darqaura2 said:

Apparently it's cool to call Foxi a they???

I have a theory that Foxi is an out of control Microsoft chat bot.

• Options
    nepht said:

darqaura2 said:

Apparently it's cool to call Foxi a they???

I have a theory that Foxi is an out of control Microsoft chat bot.

. . .

That . . . would explain a lot.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    OH while we all being nobs to each other one I must add last thing. Even though I did say Lyn is a good player ( one of the best). I still don't want her in the same continent as myself. But thats just me being a d*** >:D

Don't want anyone getting the wrong idea, we share a guild but I don't play favorites and we ain't in any way shape or form friends. I ain't no cheerleader but if someone is good I will say so no matter what beef I may have with them >_>"

A thinking a few people on this forum need to adopt when it comes to Foxi ( and Dazee to some extent ). It doesn't matter if you like someone if someone is more knowledgeable about that game than you are respect the fact that they are.
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

I have been doing this and it does work, finding that magical zone can be tough if you don't have a tank holding him in place though, Hopefully they'll fix it or better yet give it a tell or a wire frame so people in melee can know to block.

Yeah it can get chaotic without a tank for sure
    guyhumual said:

I'll do that. I didn't know it was even an option. Why would seeing other people's combat even be an option? Thanks

You're welcome. Just in case others are reading: if you right click on your Combat tab, the window with options will show up and the option to remove other peoples combat entries is there under Filters
    guyhumual said:

The camdist command controls the distance of the camera from your character. I recommend picking a distance you like for each character from 100 to 200 and binding it to a key so you can trigger it whenever you want. Here's an example bind.

/bind numpad3 "camdist 150"

If you enter that into your chat box then whenever you press 3 on your numpad you will zoom out to 150ft. You can always zoom back in
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    aesica said:

Maybe he's different ingame, but on the forums, I consistently see him cheerleading changes that nobody else seems to like.

Because I like the changes. What, you think just because I see that some other people don't like it I should play along and agree with them even thought I don't? I know, it's hard for you to accept that someone actually likes something that you and some other people don't like, but it happens. Pull your head out of your **** and realize that people aren't saying they like something to troll you - they're saying it because they like it. Hell I wonder why I bother giving well thought out reasons half the time because I know you and your ilk are paying attention much less than half the time, all you see is "disagreed, must be troll". You notice how I never feel the need to pretend that people are "just pretending to disagree with me to get me upset"? Notice how I never call someone names because they disagree with me about something? That's because I actually respect other people and their right to an opinion. Team Bitchfest has a lot of members that need to try that sometime.
    darqaura2 said:

Apparently it's cool to call Foxi a they???)

My pronouns are Cat and Dog.
    nepht said:

but the Foxi also loves stuff like Dark Souls and really hard grindy stuff like Monster Hunter.

Well see now you're misrepresenting. I don't like grindy games - if you told me "hey this game has lots of grinding!" that wouldn't make me interested in it... probably the opposite if that's all you had to say about it. However, if a game has me doing the same fun stuff over again, and each time I do it it continues to be fun, then I'm okay with that. People often talk about grind being this evil thing while being completely blind to the fact that all games have you doing the same thing over and over again. It's especially humorous when the same people complaining about grind are also saying that they're not interested in new challenges, because new challenges are the only thing that actually makes new parts of a game interesting - slapping a new paint job on the same content is a way to trick people who don't think into grinding the same content over and over... kind of like taking your kids old toys, repainting them, and giving them to them as presents on christmas.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Why the hell do you play games like God Eater and Dark Souls if you don't like grind. You and Teddy ( along with Caliga when you aint arguing ) are well into them almost BDSM games -_-

I can never figure you two out :U

EDIT* wait wut did we just get this thread accidentally back on track :D
  • Options
    nepht said:

Why the hell do you play games like God Eater and Dark Souls if you don't like grind.

I'm not really sure why you consider those to be grindy games. Could you elaborate?