test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give Force Armor Pen

vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
So, Burst Shot is a really useful utility power. GJ on making a blast that I actually want to use. Sadly whipping out a pair of pistols is way out of theme for many heroes.

Force Blast seems like total garbage next to burst shot. One pierces armor and can get a knockdown, a crit boost and a HoT. The other has an (annoying) knockback, and has some gimmicky interaction with shields.

Earth could use some sort of proper armor pen as well... cuz stagger just doesn't cut the mustard IMO.

If you don't give these sets their own Burst Shot, FF earth and force builds will just end up whippin out their pistols for that armor pen.

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    If you had Foxbat's Imaginary weapons (Foxbatcon 1st April event), you could use them to turn Burst shot guns invisible (the visuals from the power will still remain)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    avianos said:

If you had Foxbat's Imaginary weapons (Foxbatcon 1st April event), you could use them to turn Burst shot guns invisible (the visuals from the power will still remain)​​

Yeah, tried that... but it still looks goofy to me.

I decided to go with arc of ruin, not loving any of the HW skins tho. Might try imaginary weapons and some kinda hand aura.
    gradii said:

How about a 2 point advantage on force blast which applies a 12-18% debuff to crushing and slashing damage?

(slashing to give some synergy with melee blades or bestial builds, hey some people have claws or weapons AND force powers)

I like this idea. But, having more armor pen stacking on top of shred seems like a possible issue. I mean DC, DW and Massacre already do some serse damage. I could get behind a -% to physical, and another -% to crushing tho. Maybe some numbers nerds could weigh in?

*edit-tenses are hard >.<*

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    vonqball said:

Maybe some numbers nerds could weigh in?

In general best to not add yet more independently stacking debuffs, though you could apply Demolished (8% all physical, 10% crushing) rather than Armor Pierce (15% crushing, 15% piercing). The main reason it isn't used more with force is that the only available appliers are Demolish (melee) and Iron Chain w/Demolition (25' range, requires a full combo to apply the debuff).

To be honest, though, burst shot is a bit overperforming, so I wouldn't be surprised if any replacement was not as good.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Iron chain gives demolished?! That is kinda neat... but chains are several degrees stranger (theme-wise) than pistols are. This game wants to make my cosmic force wielder a pistol-wielding, chain-swinging, space biker! Lobo clone maybe? They could at least give me a proper flying Harley then.