test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon ideas.

thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
Adding weapon auras and possible re-adding old weapon skins would make a great little update.

Comments

• ashstorm1ashstorm1 Posts: 102 Arc User
    Agreed. We need more two-handed weapon styles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User

Adding weapon auras and possible re-adding old weapon skins would make a great little update.

A great Christmas present, hint hint.
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User

A great Christmas present, hint hint.

Maybe even a few new powers under these skins returning, like Technology heal or Lazor spray?
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Yep please bring back the skins from the power replacers. I have managed to track down a couple of them, and they look really nice compared to most of the weapon skins currently available.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Yeah even if the power replacer gear was replaced with simple unlock devices... it'd be nice to have.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    ashstorm1 said:

None of the powersets allow a single weapon to be used with both hands.

I agree need more two handed swords, axes, mauls, hammers also we need spears but would probally need new powerset for that.

I'd love a Spear/Staff/Polearm powerset
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User

I like your forum thingie pureone Berserk is a cool manga. As for the topic I agree need more two handed swords, axes, mauls, hammers also we need spears but would probally need new powerset for that.

They made trident a heavy weapon style, so why would a spear have to be different?

I get that a spear isn't a sword or an axe or a mace, but neither is a trident.

Making a new framework for pointy weapons doesn't seem like a big need to me.

ashstorm1 said:

None of the powersets allow a single weapon to be used with both hands.
    This sounds like semantics to me.

I think they were talking about heavy weapons, but to your statement, some powers do use two-handed attacks.

Skullcrusher, for example.
    edited November 2016

They made trident a heavy weapon style, so why would a spear have to be different?

Animation wise, only really one melee looking power from the heavy weapons set works with the trident (not counting the block) and any future polearms skins they might make for this set. Trident doesn't really work visually with this set and neither would a spear.

If there are any other melee attack powers apart from skewer that actually work with the trident I'd love to know as I want to make a themed build using it.

I think they were talking about heavy weapons, but to your statement, some powers do use two-handed attacks.
    Skullcrusher, for example.

So, apart from the block, only skullcrusher?

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    gradii said:

Skewer as well.

Unfortunately, Skewer is a one-handed attack...

photo BritSkewer2.gif

zrdRBy8.png
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Animation wise, only really one melee looking power from the heavy weapons set works with the trident (not counting the block) and any future polearms skins they might make for this set. Trident doesn't really work visually with this set and neither would a spear.

If there are any other melee attack powers apart from skewer that actually work with the trident I'd love to know as I want to make a themed build using it.
    But they made trident what they did.

I am repeating myself here, but making a framework for pointy weapons doesn't seem like a big need to me.

Blunt weapons don't work so well with single or dual blades but there they are.
    Trident doesn't work so well with heavy weapons, but there it is.

I would rather they make a staff set, something that a lot of people over the years have suggested and voiced support for, and that could conceivably include spears and halberds and pole weapons of all sorts as skins, but spears themselves do not have a lot of support from the source material and for what support there is, heavy weapons probably works well enough for now.

So, apart from the block, only skullcrusher?

I do not remember every animation for every power, but the existence of one is all I needed for my point.
    edited November 2016

But they made trident what they did.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say with that

but making a framework for pointy weapons doesn't seem like a big need to me.
    Blunt weapons don't work so well with single or dual blades but there they are.
    Trident doesn't work so well with heavy weapons, but there it is.

Yup, there they are, two powersets that don't work so well with many of their weapon skins....by your own admission.

I would rather they make a staff set, something that a lot of people over the years have suggested and voiced support for, and that could conceivably include spears and halberds and pole weapons of all sorts as skins

Well, I'm glad you agree with me about the polearm/staff/spear set that I mentioned six posts back. Your Spear/halberd/staff/polearms set, described above, seems exactly what I was talking about.

I have added my support to this every time I see it mentioned.

/signed :)

zrdRBy8.png
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Although this thread has wandered a bit... here are some neat 2-handed animations someone found...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqGQzLZNbQ
    edited November 2016
    gradii said:

Actually the animation begins with the weapon held in both hands and ENDS with it held in one hand.

I've looked at it from all angles in demorecord and the left arm of the toon using the attack goes under the weapon, the left hand never holds the weapon.

I can see how you made that mistake though as it looks for a moment as if the left hand is reaching for the weapon.....then it doesn't and the forearm goes under the weapon.

photo BritOneHandedSkewer.jpg
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    vonqball said:

Although this thread has wandered a bit... here are some neat 2-handed animations someone found...

Very cool, nice to know these are already in the game somewhere......hope springs eternal :)

zrdRBy8.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    vonqball said:

If I was to guess, I'd say those are animations used for assorted NPC attacks. Some remind me of Lemurian spear strikes, others of those prisoner/gang types who swing at you with bats or pipes.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters