test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Eidolon of Destruction made EZzzZzZZzZZZzZzZ

behemothking#9246 behemothking Posts: 124 Arc User
edited October 2016 in Missions and Content

Eidolon of Destruction spawns scary green crystal sometimes at times. He named green crystal the "Enervating Crystal". It both destroys everything around it with destruction when it explodes, but that Eidolon guy himself doesn't get hurt at all. In fact, he actually gets healing from the dang scary green crystal things. As if that isn't sooooo overpowered already, wait 'til you hear this: He can spawn up to three of the evil green crystal things!!!

Now I bet you think like all hope is lost and stuff if he can make these things magically appear to cause you to be rekt, but there is an amazing solution that you've all probably never heard of before. Yes, once you read this you can finally counter-rekt him and his dumb obsession with green. The AMAZING solution is to attack the orbs. It is ~sooo~ easy, but you probably never would have thought of it. For some reason if you do attacks to them enough as a group, they disappear away somewhere and you yourself won't get slapped into the next dimension by a red-colored "CRITICAL - 32281".

I know what you're thinking now... "BUT BK, WE DID ATTACK THEM BUT THEY STILL KILL US". Yeah, I've been at the fights too and I see people attacking and using fancy powers and sometimes the green sphere crystal circles disappear, but not all of them disappear and things explode and everyone is sad and arguing about the people not getting into a cluster or not attacking the crystals and stuff and then everyone's time is lost by 1 hour. Well, that stuff happens because people are attacking the crystals wrong and not right and I'm now here to tell you how to attack the crystals right and not wrong.

So now I introduce to you the actual new strategy for fighting Eidolon to make things EZzzZzZZzZZZzZzZ and not frustrating. Don't question it just do it 'cause you can trust me. You have to do this: Attack OP green crystals with single target powers instead of with powers tagged as AoE. That is it and no explanations will be given by me so that is just the way it is, but I will clarify it a bit.

So it was like recently found out with the parser tool that strange things are going on in the game with the fight and that things were not making sense at all. People might be trying their best to damage the crystals as much as they can, but they wouldn't die and this has been a constant problem since day 1. Well, it turns out that when you use AoE powers to attack the crystals, the game thinks you're cheating (not really) and puts in this anti-cheating mechanism that halves your damage (really). So, to bypass this cheating mechanism you use single target powers 'cause they aren't able to detect them as a cheat yet and so your damage won't get halved. One bit of proof of this fact is below where you can see Roomsweeper, which is tagged as Melee AoE Damage, being resisted a lot while Haymaker, which is tagged only as Melee Damage, is not being resisted at all. This is just one of many other bits of proof that I have so just trust me already.

Okay, now I know what you're thinking again... "BUT BK, I DON'T HAVE ANY SINGLE TARGET POWERS". That's 100% understandable cause you might be a Devastator AT or some kind of cliche power armor build or a thing. To assist these people without single target attacks, everyone should still be getting close together and clumping up when green crystal orbs are about to spawn so that these people can still contribute in making the green poof away.

So every cosmic so far has had some kind of gimmick to beating it and it makes sense that this one has like its own gimmick too. It actually has like two or three or something so its different in that way and not another way unless there is one or more different things that make it different. I expect that since you are now armed with this knowledge, Eidolon runs from now on will be smooth and everyone will be happy because Eidolon is the easiest cosmic after all. I also expect you to go and spread the knowledge because knowledge is power and you have the knowledge, so you can give other people that knowledge too so that they can be powerful and everyone will be happy even more. so thx all u people for dealing with my lazy writing and hope you have a great day. geez i typed too much.

Also, have this bind cause it helps:
/bind "put key here" target "Enervating Crystal"

TL;DR: use single target attacks on green crystals instead of aoe attacks if you can. stay clustered together in a spot behind eidolon and use that bind right above here to make attacking crystals easier. tell other people to do these things too.

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Could i get a map with coordinates of the 'spot' behind Eidolon?
    Just to be sure i'm on the right spot and not wrong spot.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    This is great. Hope this is communicated in game where more folks can see it.
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    It isn't more easy to just say those crystals are very resistant to AoEs?
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Now that I think about it..... This is true in Nemcon too. I never mathed it but I had noticed that they seemed to take way more damage from Eldritch Blast that from Skarn's Bane.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters