test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A public service message

canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Champions Online Discussion
It's anniversary time! Which means that, as part of the anniversary event, you get to hear Saphirre singing!

Now for some inexplicable reason, some people don't have this majestic ballad on autorepeat twenty-four hours per day. In fact, some people don't even appreciate this wonderful achievement in art at all, and even have expressed disapproval of this magnificent, heart-soaring micro-symphony. And I have even heard people express their disapproval! (Over and over and over again).

Having taken a day to overcome my shock at this humanity-shaking opinion and a good deal of consultation with my therapist (a wonderful gentleman from the psychiatric practise of Faustus, Strange, and Soffen), I have received a revelation on how to cope with Saphirre's song. So pay attention, folks. If you hate the song, follow one of these three methods, each 100% guaranteed to work!

1. The song only plays sporadically. So when you hear any notes of this song, simply move out of the area. The song will stop in a few seconds once you pull away. Honest. It's the way music works in this game. You can do your missions through other methods (the Crime Computer is especially useful), and change your costume elsewhere. The world will not end.

2. Press ESC to bring up Options. From there, go to Audio, There is a volume control. Set it to zero for the event. Reset it if you leave the zone.

You will find yourself saving yourself time whining about it in zone, local, and/or your SG chat. And you will find -- honest! -- that cultivating a less negative attitude will make the game better for everyone.

3. Turn your speakers volume control to the left until it will move no further. Turn it to the right three minutes to restore the sound. If your speaker has an On/Off switch, you may also use that.

Thank you for your time and attention! If you want to complain, at least cmplain about something that takes more than five seconds to fix. We hope you have found this information useful. If you have any other first world problems to complain about that can be fixed so easily -- do it yourself.

(No. The song isn't particularly good. But it's not meant to be high art; it's pretty bland and inoffensive. It's not really meant to be taken seriously. And the voice acting isn't remotely as bad as in other places in the game.)
/CanadaBanner4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Its not too bad of a song, ive heard worse on the 80s GIJOE. But i guess you cant expect JEM or Kidd Video quality tunes for an independent game. But i still always come out to listen to it a few times every year and dance with people...last year I did so with The Cat Crusader, in his bruce Whiskers tuxedo : 3
    https://youtu.be/ABVPDj_L3-s
    This year i brought out my healer, id hoped for a kimono to wear for the event like my healer from FFXIV had during their anniversary (the toon this one is based on), but i made due with the VIP dress.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH5Z-CXlS5w

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User

It's anniversary time! Which means that, as part of the anniversary event, you get to hear Saphirre singing!

I never have. She can't get past the Babymetal that I'm blasting in my earphones. :D

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options

Its not too bad of a song, ive heard worse on the 80s GIJOE. But i guess you cant expect JEM or Kidd Video quality tunes for an independent game.

You can't even expect it from that horrible Jem movie, but that's another discussion... :D

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I play with sound off anyway, can't stand the background noise or the sound effects.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    What if you haven't heard this song, but want to? :(
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    What if you haven't heard this song, but want to? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh_I0pSfX7Q​​
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2016

This game is bad, the devs are bad, I look forward to the game dying soon, and if they don't take out Sapphire I'm going to quit and tell everyone that the game sucks, and here's a screen shot of the server with low population numbers:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I am so SICK of your cherry picked numbers! >:( This is probably more accurate!

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

This game is bad, the devs are bad, I look forward to the game dying soon, and if they don't take out Sapphire I'm going to quit and tell everyone that the game sucks, and here's a screen shot of the server with low population numbers:

Wait, are we the elephant or the egrets?
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User

spinnytop said:

We are the grass. Grasshopper.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Idiots. Everyone knows elephants eat rhinos.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User

[Video]

About an hour after posting that, I was running some alerts, and in between alerts, that came on. Yeah she should definitely stick with her day job. :X
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Not a real pop star, but a decent singer. Good might be a stretch...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Not a real pop star, but a decent singer. Good might be a stretch...

At least it's not autotune. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Now for some inexplicable reason, some people don't have this majestic ballad on autorepeat twenty-four hours per day. In fact, some people don't even appreciate this wonderful achievement in art at all, and even have expressed disapproval of this magnificent, heart-soaring micro-symphony. And I have even heard people express their disapproval! (Over and over and over again).

Having taken a day to overcome my shock at this humanity-shaking opinion and a good deal of consultation with my therapist (a wonderful gentleman from the psychiatric practise of Faustus, Strange, and Soffen), I have received a revelation on how to cope with Saphirre's song. So pay attention, folks. If you hate the song, follow one of these three methods, each 100% guaranteed to work!

1. The song only plays sporadically. So when you hear any notes of this song, simply move out of the area. The song will stop in a few seconds once you pull away. Honest. It's the way music works in this game. You can do your missions through other methods (the Crime Computer is especially useful), and change your costume elsewhere. The world will not end.

2. Press ESC to bring up Options. From there, go to Audio, There is a volume control. Set it to zero for the event. Reset it if you leave the zone.

You will find yourself saving yourself time whining about it in zone, local, and/or your SG chat. And you will find -- honest! -- that cultivating a less negative attitude will make the game better for everyone.

3. Turn your speakers volume control to the left until it will move no further. Turn it to the right three minutes to restore the sound. If your speaker has an On/Off switch, you may also use that.

Thank you for your time and attention! If you want to complain, at least cmplain about something that takes more than five seconds to fix. We hope you have found this information useful. If you have any other first world problems to complain about that can be fixed so easily -- do it yourself.

(No. The song isn't particularly good. But it's not meant to be high art; it's pretty bland and inoffensive. It's not really meant to be taken seriously. And the voice acting isn't remotely as bad as in other places in the game.)

I like the song I dont see the problem anyways, maybe people dont listen to the music as well and only hear the voice. But if your hearing the same song that much then maybe go play more of the game?

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    iamrune wrote: »

We are the grass. Grasshopper.

normal-1.gifS- Mok-in​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!