test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Laser Swords, Sword Vortex, a tech heal

stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
1) Laser Sword discussion has been pretty popular over the past few months, so would be super if it was finally looked over and become less of the hot mess that it currently is. It'd be a nice change from supernatural and bleeding.

2) Vortex advantage added to Sword Cyclone because it would be all the fun to spin around and suck enemies into a spinning sword vortex of death. No, I don't care about balance issues, I care about fun issues. Weeee!

3) Steal PBR, the Reconstruction Circuits effect, add all of the assault rifle / smg skins, and make a heal power with a cool name. Astrodimensional Cauterizer for example. Make it a maintain that chains to allies because healing controls are crap / broken and that would be a decent way around it. Oh and default beam color should be blue because it's a nice, soothing color. And not in a lockbox or behind a GCR / SCR grind because that would be balls. Yeah, I really just would like to see some nice tech healing stuff and less awful healer controls.
YouTube - Steam - Twitter
[at]riviania Member since Aug 2009

Comments

• Options
    beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'd LOVE any new additions to Laser Sword that don't require the current weird building mechanics with RNG generated stacks to reduce swing times and whatnot. I'd REALLY love if Plasma Burn got revisited (a la bleed/poison recently). I like the idea of a sword vortex pulling mobs in you mentioned, particular if the devs keep LS as a single target combo :(
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Yeah, the whole laser sword miniset is super-obnoxious stack building games. A minimal change that would make the set usable would be to eliminate the random factor on particle accelerator and change it to something like:
    Particle Accelerator: turn into a 3 hit combo. The third hit applies Accelerator and resets the cooldown on Particle Smash.
    Unified Theory: eliminate the current 8s charge time; instead, the power just doesn't work (greyed out) if you don't have Accelerator.

That would be basically similar to current rotations, but eliminates the need to watch your buff bar wondering "did this hit apply Accelerator?".
  • Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    Technology::Gadgeteering::Medi-Cannon
    Maintain, 50', Single Target. One of most genious of your inventions, it allows you to restore structural integrity of almost anything! Chance to critically heal increases as long as power maintained. Allies, affected by Medical Nanites get 50% Critical Severity (critical heal magnitude) from this power. Advantage: Simultaneous Assembly - it heals 5 allies within 15' around primary target, restoring 50% less HP of it does to main target. May inherit Gatling Gun costume.
  • Options
    beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User

Technology::Gadgeteering::Medi-Cannon
    Maintain, 50', Single Target. One of most genious of your inventions, it allows you to restore structural integrity of almost anything! Chance to critically heal increases as long as power maintained. Allies, affected by Medical Nanites get 50% Critical Severity (critical heal magnitude) from this power. Advantage: Simultaneous Assembly - it heals 5 allies within 15' around primary target, restoring 50% less HP of it does to main target. May inherit Gatling Gun costume.

Any kind of tech heal would be great, be it a COX-style hand scanner, an orbiting medical drone (even if it is a recycled copy of the current drone pet), a close-range syringe injection, or a healing gatling gun as above. Synergy with Medical Nanites is a cool idea as well.