test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spread the word guys, use reddit forums and more.

Look ive been trying to spread the word but people are seriously mislead as to what the game actually is, allot of people think its crap and allot of them also havent played it in years, they have no idea what they are talking about which is obvious from my recent reddit experience trying to support the game. Im a cox vet myself and I love cox, but it does compare in many ways and has pros and cons like cox did, while cox did certain things better so does this game.

This mmorpg needs more advetisement also people are under the impression the game is greedy, when its really not, ive tried telling people they just dont want to believe me.

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Part of me wants to say "Oh no, you'll get all the super negative haters to go there!" ....part of me wonders if they're already there causing the problems you're talking about.
  • Even I won't slither about on Reddit is the new age 4chan one could say.
  • But why isn't PWE, Cryptic etc spreading the word themselves aka advertising their products. I have my theories but noone wants to hear harsh truths in this crazy world kids.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    Then i say lets show them! Start filming the gameplay and events and posting them to youtube and reditt...make us look good people!!

The best advertisement is word of mouth, and in this era to media tech we have the power to help bring in the players...the more money spent on the game the bigger the budget they give every year. (i.e. to expand)

"Friends...romans...caitians, lend me your ears!"

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    I would totally put vids out, only problem is im stuck on a 720p tv right now and for some reason when I record games it looks like crap, maybe its my nvidia settings or something, let me rephrase actually it looks blurry when I move in games.

And no actually the game did advertise very well for a while if I remember correctly, but as others say us cox players got way to bitter and refused to give this game a chance, honestly I think its the difference in art styles more then anything it threw me off at first to but I learned to love this art style.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

Then i say lets show them! Start filming the gameplay and events and posting them to youtube and reditt...make us look good people!!

The best advertisement is word of mouth, and in this era to media tech we have the power to help bring in the players...the more money spent on the game the bigger the budget they give every year. (i.e. to expand)

"Friends...romans...caitians, lend me your ears!"

Catstarsto, this is a noble cause and great idea, HOWEVER, I just want to point out that CO's Marketing team really should ALREADY be doing this on a regular basis across all social media platforms. Just saying.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    darqaura2 said:

Catstarsto, this is a noble cause and great idea, HOWEVER, I just want to point out that CO's Marketing team really should ALREADY be doing this on a regular basis across all social media platforms. Just saying.

CO has a marketing team?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

darqaura2 said:

CO has a marketing team?

*inserts drum beat*
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User

darqaura2 said:

CO has a marketing team?

I wondered the same thing XD
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    CO has a marketing team, they are the same people as their bug testers...
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    They started to advertise the game again with Onslaught last year. It is going to take some more time to rev things up as the devs are working on reviving old parts of the game while adding in new content.
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

They started to advertise the game again with Onslaught last year.

Well, that blistering advertising campaign must have passed me right by.

It is going to take some more time to rev things up as the devs are working on reviving old parts of the game while adding in new content.

Rev what up?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited August 2016
    Can we see the advert? Just curious how they did it.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    I think they did stuff like feature the game on Steam, not specific ads and stuff.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited August 2016
    gradii said:

Can we see the advert? Just curious how they did it.

That was no ad, that was a pretty good fan made trailer.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=BHHzDsLaM20

Kudos to Razama and Champs online TV
    Yea thats not going to sell this game, we need more advertisement about freeform and customization. Im not being negative im just being objective and honest here many would prefer to play villian classes, still this is a nice feature but clearly its an added feature and not the best features of the game:)
  • handofkainhandofkain Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Seems like a great time/place to one again plug my new YouTube channel. (Sorry for being a broken record but one has to build an audience.) Come check us out at Mad Bishop Gaming on YouTube and subscribe! Let's us know what you think and what you would like to see.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCausQrKx8fxX50-2U6ershA
    Post edited by handofkain on
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Sad state of affairs when players are looking to do their own adverts for the game because the Cryptic Marketing team is so far up STOs butt it speaks in Klingon.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Klingons.. right those things...

ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    nepht said:

Sad state of affairs when players are looking to do their own adverts for the game because the Cryptic Marketing team is so far up STOs butt it speaks in Klingon.

Just protecting my investment...this game isnt "big-brothered" by politics like STO is nor does it have self appointed goons to enforce nerd justice on other players. What it does have is the potential to blow sto away once the players and devs realize what they have here. It isnt limited to movies, comics and canon, it can create with the same freedom they gave us in the tailor...they just need more players so the bosses there can approve a bigger budget. This game needs its own version of "Foundry" like STO has, a state fair/carnival next to the raven wood academy that gives daily mini games to earn drifter salvage and Q...maybe even more consumable gag toys and devices like the foxbat stuff. It needs more exaggerated emotes like in SWTOR and FFXIV.

artists with fresh ideas : 3

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    Yep, Champs has so much profit potential - especially in this age of Superhero this, and Superhero that, in the movies, TV, etc.

I just don't think people know about it. Getting the word out would certainly go a long way.

(BTW Catstarsto, love your avatar :))

nepht said:

Just protecting my investment...this game isnt "big-brothered" by politics like STO is nor does it have self appointed goons to enforce nerd justice on other players. What it does have is the potential to blow sto away once the players and devs realize what they have here. It isnt limited to movies, comics and canon, it can create with the same freedom they gave us in the tailor...they just need more players so the bosses there can approve a bigger budget. This game needs its own version of "Foundry" like STO has, a state fair/carnival next to the raven wood academy that gives daily mini games to earn drifter salvage and Q...maybe even more consumable gag toys and devices like the foxbat stuff. It needs more exaggerated emotes like in SWTOR and FFXIV.

artists with fresh ideas : 3
    Good points, im so excited where they will take this game.
    spinnytop said:

CO is best.

Yes it is. What a gem it is!

Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    You've seen STO adverts? The only sign of Cryptic I've run into in the wild has been NW.

As for the CO marketing department, I try not to be too harsh - I'm sure he's doing the best he can with a part-time position...​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    jonsills said:

As for the CO marketing department, I try not to be too harsh - I'm sure he's doing the best he can with a part-time position...​​

....as an unpaid intern.

zrdRBy8.png

jonsills said:

....as an unpaid intern.

LMFAO!!!!

jonsills said:

....as an unpaid intern.

• reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    CO has like zero publicity, if I was working for cryptic I would take a few mins each few days to post SOMETHING about CO, videos, publicity, small contests, anything that can gather some attention on it. it blows my mind that they don't even do soemthing like that, that requires like 5 mins a day.
    natesig.jpg

reiwulf said:

CO has like zero publicity, if I was working for cryptic I would take a few mins each few days to post SOMETHING about CO, videos, publicity, small contests, anything that can gather some attention on it. it blows my mind that they don't even do soemthing like that, that requires like 5 mins a day.

Looks like it will have to be up to them after all...i posted my first video and got hit with 2 claimant what-evers on youtube!

Video title: Champions Online - Fire and Ice
    Copyrighted song: Storm The Castle-Ed Wood Music
    Claimed by: AdRev for a 3rd Party

Copyrighted song: Citadel Siege

"seriously?"

Well i tried...

reiwulf said:

Looks like it will have to be up to them after all...i posted my first video and got hit with 2 claimant what-evers on youtube!

"seriously?"

Well i tried...
    Yeah forget trying to use copyrighted music on youtube. If you are going to post a video only post the video using the music in the game.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    CO has its fans couple of weeks ago I sold my last 5 remaining copies of the disc version....to the same guy X_X
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    darqaura2 said:

reiwulf said:

"seriously?"

Well i tried...
    Yeah forget trying to use copyrighted music on youtube. If you are going to post a video only post the video using the music in the game.
    It WAS the music from the game.

^youtubes always been insane about this, they blocked my SWTOR videos for using the music that came with the expansion i bought, while uploading my gameplay of it. Even though its content you paid for that came with the game, and the people from the game itself said there should be no problem...youtube always disagrees...with a product they dont even own!

• reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    if the devs agree that it's okay to post them with their music you can always let youtube know and deny their blocking I think.
    natesig.jpg

I am amazed to see a sudden surge of champs content on youtube. It is awesome!
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade

• zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    I actually saw an ad for Champions Online when I opened up steam, I think it was for Onslaught? Holy smokes I was surprised to see that ad.

• highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    Steam might personalize ads tho. I guess. I don't know I find it weird to think that the whole planet got a CO ad.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015