test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anything new yet?

So, spent a good chunk of the year getting my life on track, with occasional off and on playing of CO in previous months. Can't say I noticed anything different, but the last time I was on was early June a couple months ago?

Anything new yet? Or will I be disappointed again if I log in again this month?

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Only one way to find out. Log in and see.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Some powers were added and reorganized as the Great Balance tweak continues. The tailor was reorganized, but you were probably there for that.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10019913-champions-online:-tailor-updates-on-pts

Cosmics were boosted iin May, and Cosmic Hunting has become a thing again, that's the latest major update.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Many, many powers are different. There are a sprinkling of new powers here and there, as well as new advantages.
    Many toons got a free or forced retcon as a result. Threat and aggro have been modified somewhat, too.

Standard dagger is now a single/dual blade weapons skin.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    Soooo... Nothing really new then. Okay.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User

please define, what you consider to be "anything new?"​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I guess it would help if you could better qualify what you mean by "new" - not sure what your expectations are with only two months away from the game, but depending on what you are looking for there has been a lot of new stuff (in addition to what's already been mentioned in the thread) as it relates to annual events, costumes, devices, vehicles, travel powers, general powers, power revamps, balancing, etc, such as:

-Annual 4th of July Event happened (new travel powers and fireworks devices added to rewards, new costume and toy drops added to Red Alert mish - including GIANT HOOK HAND)

-Chains Powers Revamp (chain powers/talents totally redesigned with completely different functionality across Might/Bestial/Infernal Powersets)

-FREE New Powers (Energy Unlocks related to bleed and poison procs respectively, New Interupt Powers, New Threatwipe Powers/Talents across several Powersets, New Single Blade Combo Power, *ALL* of the Automaton Awakened AT powers now free without having to level the AT, etc)

-Tanking/Threat Revamp (redesigned the tank/threat talents on ALL powers, in addition to continued and sustained commitment to balance tuning the game)

-Penitent AT (chains/bleed focused DPS AT)

-Mayhem Lockbox (New Power Unlocks [Badass Single Blade Ultimate], Auras, Prisoner Costume Set, Various Costume Pieces, Vehicles)

-UI Changes/Improvements (Added mouse over previews of purchase items in-game, general UI cleanup, power text updates, etc)

-Circus Malvanum Sky Race just happened again (new vehicles and costume parts added to rewards)

-Tons of New Auras, New Vehicles, New Costumes, New Loyal/Permanent Sidekicks, New Flag and Chain Travel Powers, New Toys, and MORE added to the Zen/Questionite/Drifter Stores

If all of the above doesn't do it for you and you are specifically looking for new missions/zone content, then no - nothing "new" since you left in June. The last new content in that regard was the Cosmic Monster Hunting and the Nightmare Invasion event. However, the Hexslinger AT is the next upcoming thing we've heard about, but details are still in rumor mode (supposedly a magic AT with refinements to that powerset). Hope that helps - you can also read up on the weekly changes at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/categories/release-notes1
    Post edited by beerbane on
  • crashjrivecrashjrive Posts: 47 Arc User
    I'm assuming you're asking about something major. In that case, no. No word on when anything like that is supposed to come either. I feel you though, I'm waiting on the same announcement of something major. :/
    beerbane said:

If all of the above doesn't do it for you and you are specifically looking for new missions/zone content, then no - nothing "new" since you left in June. The last new content in that regard was the Cosmic Monster Hunting and the Nightmare Invasion event. However, the Hexslinger AT is the next upcoming thing we've heard about, but details are still in rumor mode (supposedly a magic AT with refinements to that powerset). Hope that helps - you can also read up on the weekly changes at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/categories/release-notes1

Yeah, power tweaks, temp events and lockboxes don't do it for me. This is on record here in the past.

And... I said the last time I logged in was early June, but as I stated my sign-ins into the game have been very spotty this year. Before June, it had been another two months of not signing in, and before that a good four or five (since I was effectively homeless for a while because of... personal reasons). So in that time, I figured that Cryptic had ample time to figure something out if they really cared as some people here like to pretend they do. Obviously they don't.

Oh well, it's nothing new. Pun intended.
    I definitely want to see new missions, content and zones and understand why you'd be disappointed that something permanent hasn't been added. Did you get to try Nightmare Invasion? That was new story and characters with solo missions, dailies, zone bosses and a plethora of rewards. Getting loot felt a little grindy at times, but it was a good stab at adding new stuff that I hope they continue to replicate (and hopefully on a larger/more permanent scale).

New mission/zone content concerns notwithstanding, I'm personally enjoying the game more in the last year than I ever have before. The huge tailor changes and all the recent great costumes additions have really breathed new life into making new character concepts, and the influx of new powers/talents has restored interest in build-smithing my older characters.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    I get the feeling that Beerbane wasted a lot of time writing out a very detailed response for you for nothing. In the future I'd recommend just saying "nothing new" to these sorts of questions as this is what the OP wanted to hear.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Yeah, but the info is useful for others who don't have such a negative predisposition to Cryptic.
    biffsig.jpg
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User

And... I said the last time I logged in was early June, but as I stated my sign-ins into the game have been very spotty this year. Before June, it had been another two months of not signing in, and before that a good four or five (since I was effectively homeless for a while because of... personal reasons). So in that time, I figured that Cryptic had ample time to figure something out if they really cared as some people here like to pretend they do. Obviously they don't.

I've always loved people that equate only doing or not doing exactly what THEY want with "caring about the fanbase". It's not your call for anyone but you, get over yourself.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png

Yeah, but the info is useful for others who don't have such a negative predisposition to Cryptic.

Oh it was, and I felt sorry for the dude taking time out of his day to type up that response to a clearly unappreciated OP, but it was useful for someone who may well have also been away. Sadly this seems to be a theme where someone pops in, asks if there's anything new, and then says something like "well nothing new, I'm not interested" which is their prerogative, but that's the sort of thing you can research on your own, and asking people to look things up for you so you can slag off the game that they're clearly interested in (by virtue of them being in the forums in the first place) is kind of a dick move.

If you don't like the game or are frustrated with the lack of substantial updates that's your prerogative, you have the right to be upset, but don't ask the community to tell you about updates so you can declare "not good enough" before disappearing again. You want to vent about a lack of updates fine, do a thread about that, don't ask someone to do your research for you and flutter off to wherever you lurk, it's not a classy move, but we get this every few months and it's kind of annoying.
    And suddenly I'm reminded why I left these forums. Thanks, and bye again. For good this time.

But don't worry, maybe you'll run across me in the game. I'll still tell you where to shove it even then.

P.S. A real honest thank you to beerbane, since they were polite and not a jerk.
    Can't imagine what kind of response someone expects when they come in and trash the developers. Surely it wasn't a resounding "Hooray, finally someone said what we've all been thinking!" Some of us like our developers.
    biffsig.jpg
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited August 2016

beerbane said:

Yeah, power tweaks, temp events and lockboxes don't do it for me. This is on record here in the past.

Oh well, it's nothing new. Pun intended.
    It's not about caring. It's about funding. The funds they have are the funds they have. Let's be realistic, their parent company is NOT going to throw money at them for a new zone anytime soon if ever, especially knowing what type of games that parent company runs/owns.

IF we do get any significant content it won't be anytime soon, and will have to be slowly worked on over time. What we're getting now I think is the best we can hope for on a constant basis, for now.
    guyhumual said:

In the future I'd recommend just saying "nothing new" to these sorts of questions as this is what the OP wanted to hear.

Yep

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited August 2016

guyhumual said:

In the future I'd recommend just saying "nothing new" to these sorts of questions as this is what the OP wanted to hear.

Yep
    I definitely get that - I just feel like there actually IS a lot being done to the game that people should know about, whether it is clever recycling of older content (Cosmic Monster Hunting), both revamping annual events and demonstrative efforts to add new ones (ala Nightmare Invasion), adding new ATs/Powers/Talents at a regular rate (Rockstar, Predator, and Penitent so far this year) and lots of stuff that's 'Under the Hood' (HUUUUUGE Tailor Revamp, Continued Balance Efforts, UI & QoL Changes, frequent new costume piece infusion for us tailor jockeys), Etc... if you don't like to spend money, the Devs have even added the ability to unlock powers/ATs/vehicles/costumes/devices/gibbering madness by simply PARTICIPATING in the updated monthly events they are cycling through. Not saying I love the pricing, but you can get stuff by investing your time instead of your cash.

I understand you can't develop for or please everyone (particularly on the budget that's available), but CO has a metric ton to offer folks both new and old. If the OP doesn't enjoy the current zones/story/content (all of which is FREE), then I honestly wish them the best in finding an entertainment activity that brings them more happiness. CO works for me, warts and all.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Well, now we have the announcement of Shadow of Destruction, which "brings us the Qliphothic Warzone, a new epic end-game zone set in an eerie otherworld where forces of evil plot the downfall of all creation." http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10103163-champions-online:-shadow-of-destruction-live-on-pts!

You know, I realize the devs are making an effort to give us new content with the existing material they have to work with, since they haven't the resources to create anything truly new; but honestly, going the magic, Qliphoth route yet again is getting old. It really doesn't reflect the diversity of either the comic-book source material, or the Champions IP.

I hate to say it, because this may turn out to be well-executed, but it's really hard for me to work up any enthusiasm for it. :'(
  • reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    bulgarex said:

Well, now we have the announcement of Shadow of Destruction, which "brings us the Qliphothic Warzone, a new epic end-game zone set in an eerie otherworld where forces of evil plot the downfall of all creation." http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10103163-champions-online:-shadow-of-destruction-live-on-pts!

You know, I realize the devs are making an effort to give us new content with the existing material they have to work with, since they haven't the resources to create anything truly new; but honestly, going the magic, Qliphoth route yet again is getting old. It really doesn't reflect the diversity of either the comic-book source material, or the Champions IP.

I hate to say it, because this may turn out to be well-executed, but it's really hard for me to work up any enthusiasm for it. :'(

omg that is awesome!!!!
    "10 New Directed Storyline Missions leading you into and through the Qliphothic Warzone!" this alone makes it all worth it for me, NEW STORY!!
    natesig.jpg

bulgarex said:

I for one welcome our new Qliphothic Overlords!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I choose to see this as a step toward the future. Next, perhaps, we can revisit one of the many alien invasions that have been hinted at (with or without the long-anticipated Star*Guard introduction), or have a new story arc in which we confront the mechanical minions of Doctor Destroyer...

Oh, and kojiro - Pot. Kettle. You're hardly in a position to claim the high road as regards posting.​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    @bulgarex While I would normally agree with you on this one, at least it's content connected to something that happened earlier this yeah. Instead of just random events and random new content, we have actual continuity, which I think is cool. Also it seems like this will be probably released around Halloween, which is really neat.

I do dislike the Qliphothic realm, its so damn in-yo-face pinkness all day, but this seems like it'll be cool. I also do really hope that the next update we get after this will have a more modern/sci-Fi feel to it.

Also hey, are these monsters in Champions canon? I think they were hinted at being so.
    biffsig.jpg
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

@bulgarex While I would normally agree with you on this one, at least it's content connected to something that happened earlier this yeah. Instead of just random events and random new content, we have actual continuity, which I think is cool. Also it seems like this will be probably released around Halloween, which is really neat.

I do dislike the Qliphothic realm, its so damn in-yo-face pinkness all day, but this seems like it'll be cool. I also do really hope that the next update we get after this will have a more modern/sci-Fi feel to it.

Also hey, are these monsters in Champions canon? I think they were hinted at being so.

Based on description so far, I like. Yes it's a part of the lore they have visited before, but if this works it shows they CAN create things that extend the IP and game with existing assets (and perhaps some new--we'll see on test). I'm fine with that. :)
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    bulgarex said:

honestly, going the magic, Qliphoth route yet again is getting old. It really doesn't reflect the diversity of either the comic-book source material, or the Champions IP.

I feel your pain. :'(
    The only character I play is power armor and he often feels out of place in the CO world. With that said this sounds like WAY more than I was expecting In terms of quantity of content. CO getting a new zone in 2016 is beyond belief. :o

I intend to check this out and try to RP it in my mind into an inter dimensional "shadow shard" kind of thing and less of a "magic zone". I really wish they would go the "Doom" route and merge the occult and sifi as a compromise. :/

Also, you can expect questions about "the alien Slug, the deadly speedster Oubliette, and the dreaded Eidolon of Destruction" to show up in the pnp sub forum. ;)

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.

And suddenly I'm reminded why I left these forums. Thanks, and bye again. For good this time.

But don't worry, maybe you'll run across me in the game. I'll still tell you where to shove it even then.

Pretty much what I expected. I didn't tell you that you can't complain about a lack of updates, what I told you was that inviting people who clearly like the game to inform you about the updates so that you can then say "not good enough" is a dick move. You're not alone in this case, we get people doing this all the time, and to be clear: it's cool if you're actually trying to get updated on the game so you know what to look for when you jump back in, but if you're just having the locals scamper and dance for you to see if you are entertained enough to grace the game with your presence then you should understand that people don't appreciate that kind of attitude.

P.S. A real honest thank you to beerbane, since they were polite and not a jerk.

I'm glad you've finally sent some deserved thanks to Beerbane, I just wish you'd sent it before I had to embarrass you into it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you'd have done this without me calling you out on it.
    beerbane said:

If they finally more resemble the Lovecraftian Qliphothic entities from the PnP game, rather than generic demons, I might actually do so too. I can't see that being in the cards, though, resources limited as they are.

Also, you can expect questions about "the alien Slug, the deadly speedster Oubliette, and the dreaded Eidolon of Destruction" to show up in the pnp sub forum. ;)

I won't be at all surprised. ;)

The Slug, and his Elder Worm followers, definitely are PnP canon, although they look rather different from their CO incarnations. Oubliette is described as having been one of Shadow Destroyer's major servants, a swift and stealthy assassin created by him out of shadows, arcane lightning, and drops of SD's own blood. More about all of them in Champions Villains Vol. 1: Master Villains.

Nothing specific in the books about the other stuff mentioned in the news release.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2016

guyhumual said:

Yep
    I think a better course of action is to list off the new things, then ignore whatever stubbornly negative reply they give to that. It's important that other people who are actually interested in what's new, but don't feel the need to start a thread about it but also procrastinate on actually logging in to see for themselves, see some genuine answers.

PS - I find it amusing that this thread was started the day before an announcement of new content.
    is there a topic about the new content on pts forums? can someone post the link? my phone is acting strange and the forums dont work so well....
    natesig.jpg

reiwulf said:

is there a topic about the new content on pts forums? can someone post the link? my phone is acting strange and the forums dont work so well....

It's in the news section.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10103163-champions-online:-shadow-of-destruction-on-pts!
    ah I saw that, but I wanted somewhere we can comment on it
    natesig.jpg

edited August 2016
    bulgarex said:

beerbane said:

If they finally more resemble the Lovecraftian Qliphothic entities from the PnP game, rather than generic demons, I might actually do so too. I can't see that being in the cards, though, resources limited as they are.

@bulgarex I was going more for the "I for one welcome our new Insect Overlords" gagged on by the Simpsons than any particular subscription to the magic angle of the new content. ;) I do like the tie in from Nightmare Invasion since it recently occurred, but would also love to see content of all types getting a chance to shine. Still, new stuff is NEW STUFF!!!
    reiwulf said:

ah I saw that, but I wanted somewhere we can comment on it

Just wait for the PTS notes, they'll probably be there soon.
    beerbane said:

bulgarex said:

beerbane said:

@bulgarex I was going more for the "I for one welcome our new Insect Overlords" gagged on by the Simpsons than any particular subscription to the magic angle of the new content. ;) I do like the tie in from Nightmare Invasion since it recently occurred, but would also love to see content of all types getting a chance to shine. Still, new stuff is NEW STUFF!!!
    [Captain America] I understood that reference. [/Captain America] ;)

You all probably have the right idea, and I apologize for my negativism earlier. This is substantial new content when we didn't expect any, and that should be commended. B)
    bulgarex said:

The new zone has some tech/magic/eldritch merging going on. There is a Destroid faction.

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    yay, exotic new world, strange new people..... lots more ways to die painfully.
    Oh yeah and we mustn't forget. "kill things and take their stuff" normal-1.gif​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Has anyone let the OP know that Cryptic wasn't pretending and that they really do care?
    He doesn't care, he's never had a sunny disposition over here.
    biffsig.jpg
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    New events and a new zone coming.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited August 2016

Just look at his avatar. I bet that is literally the face he had while typing every single post in this thread.

• akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    nepht said:

New events and a new zone coming.

That's sounds delicious; I picked a fine time to come back :)

spinnytop said:

Just look at his avatar. I bet that is literally the face he had while typing every single post in this thread.

If this thread didn't already prove you two were jerks, the blatant misgendering certainly did.
    Don't lump me in with that Martian. I always refer to anyone I don't know as a he until it's pointed out to me that the person is female.

Further, I never assume a person's avatar is a picture of them. Your avatar could be anyone, just like the guy above your post.

That said, even though we've never gotten along or seen eye-to-eye on much, I'm not above admitting a mistake and apologizing, so I'm sorry. putting down people on their appearance is not my style.

My post was only about your disposition and wasn't meant to be any attack; it was just based on what I know of you.
    biffsig.jpg
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Smack calls everyone dude even his mom. Also from one trans woman to another dudes will accept you more as a she if you stop acting like a massive ****head.

Don't go full Wu. Never go full Wu \o\
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    Oh lord, "misgendering", shut this thread down before it devolves into politics.

I don't feel bad at all tho, the person in that picture has a cranky expression and you post like a cranky person. I stand by what I said!
    Oh lord, "misgendering", shut this thread down before it devolves into politics.

I don't feel bad at all tho, the person in that picture has a cranky expression and you post like a cranky person. I stand by what I said!

Also I don't know why Smackwell is apologizing for putting down someone's appearance... neither he nor anybody else even did that.
This discussion has been closed.