test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Suggestion] Fixing Overdrive...

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
So as most know...Overdrive is a bit weird with its description not matching its current performance and stat scaling.

There are ways to fix this which will screw over all Invincible AT players and anyone using Overdrive with the stated stats...OR...there's this way:

Adjust Overdrive to scale equally with END and REC, like so:

"Overdrive now scales equally with your Endurance or Recovery, whichever is higher but is still affected by your Intelligence."

Currently for reasons unknown...

Overdrive apparently works like this:

+0.041 Energy every 3 seconds for 15 seconds per stack per point of Recovery
+0.0088 Energy every 3 seconds for 15 seconds per stack per point of Intelligence or Endurance, scaling with the higher attribute.

Myself and likely others who may back this request "simply" ask that the above values (if this is still true) be adjusted like so:

Overdrive:

+0.041 Energy every 3 seconds for 15 seconds per stack per point of Recovery or Endurance, scaling with the higher attribute.
+0.0088 Energy every 3 seconds for 15 seconds per stack per point of Intelligence.

This way, the no doubt many people who use REC and Overdrive (myself included) are not screwed over by making it's stats completely different.

Also adjust the description's third point from what it is now to:

"+ The amount of Energy gained scales with the higher of your Recovery or Endurance statistics but is still affected by your Intelligence statistic."

--

To me, this seems like an "easy" request, I don't know the ins and outs of adjusting energy unlocks but this would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Personally, I'd rather see it more in line with what the tooltip states, but in a way that doesn't screw over existing builds.
    Somebody else posted something in the locke dthreat that wouldn't hurt anyone using it in its bugged form, but would make it a closer match to its tooltip. I like that fix a lot more than making it 0.041 end/rec, 0.0088 int. Their version was:

+0.041 per point of recover
    +0.088 per point of intelligence or endurance, whichever is higher

If 0.088 is too high, it's perfectly reasonable to lower it somewhat, just as long as the two "feature" stats get a bigger bonus than recovery.

Anyway, as I posted in the other thread, another aspect of Overdrive that needs fixing are the handful of maintains that it doesn't currently work with. I'm glad I can finally leave conflag out, since the recent changes seem to have fixed it. Anyway, the list:
    aesica said:

Overdrive isn't triggered by the following maintain powers...
    - Conflagrate Recently fixed!
    - Sparkstorm
    - Redirected Force*
    - Sword Cyclone**
    - One Hundred Hands
    - Empathic Healing***
    - Ego Blade Frenzy
    - Ego Storm
    - Celestial Conduit***
    - Arcane Vitality***

* This one is fine not triggering Overdrive, as its functionality is rather unique.

** Overdrive should be triggered by this ability as long as the player doesn't take Butcher's Blades.

*** I get that Overdrive probably shouldn't work with healing powers, although this still should probably be specified in Overdrive's tooltip. It should work with the offensive portion of Celestial Conduit though.

Edit: Somehow, I left Ego Storm off the list. Oops.
    Post edited by aesica on
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).