test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So it seems Warlord can put fire at his own feet.

guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User

You can't see it but there's also fire directly behind him as well which he could knock me into. Seems like the devs are actively trying to make the game unplayable for melee types.

Comments

• dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It's a bug, whole point is - a power has its activation time, and if you were knocked, then immediately start approaching, Warlord may initiate napalmbomb throw execution. Within execution time you approach, but since engine doesn't support minimal range for abilities (only maximal range), a power will execute still, & Warlord will drop a shell at a player, that's now in point blank range of him.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Most of the time, it happens when the (melee) Knocked-target use LUNGE right before Warlord charge the Fire patch​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Well it happened twice, both times I was almost on top of him. I attacked him on the one side got fire on me, went to the other side, got fire on me again. That napalm seems to be circular and deals slight damage to anyone close, massive damage to anyone inside, and so when you have fire at 12 and 6 o'clock you're taking damage just from trying to attack from 3 and 9 o'clock. Thankfully no more pools were dropped that run. It seems like it would be very easy to make himself immune to melee if this bug isn't fixed. There should be always a safe space to stand if you're fighting Warlord with Melee.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    This appears to be training for Qwyjibo (wait for the fire to appear before lunging).
    For the record: I didn't lunge at all that fight
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The way it works is, Warlord only fires his napalm if you're outside of melee range. However, if you move after he makes that decision, the fire can occur while inside of melee range. Lunge is just the fastest way to wind up doing that.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    "NO ONE MATCHES THE POWER OF WARLORD!"

More like "No one matches the stupidity of Warlord".
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    That seems unlikely given that he stands still and lets you pound him to scrap. Seriously 433k hp.... and he eats damage like he likes it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

The way it works is, Warlord only fires his napalm if you're outside of melee range. However, if you move after he makes that decision, the fire can occur while inside of melee range. Lunge is just the fastest way to wind up doing that.

This is really the first time since Warlord was first introduced that I've had this happen. I had a similar situation with this exact character come to think of it, and I was the last one left alive with fire everywhere. Anyways, I was wondering if this might have been a bug with the new agro changes, my character was a tank with CC and CS and kept agro for 90% of the fight (looking for a safe place to stand kept me out of the fight for a bit) but if you're saying this is a known issue I'll have to chalk it up to being a bug then. If I'd been outside melee range just before the napalm I could understand this explanation but both times I had the fire dropped on me I'd been in melee for some time.