test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Repopulation project

2»

Comments

• reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    the game is not hard, that much is true, but I don't see the relation to ideas to bring more people back =O
    natesig.jpg

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    The game doesn't need to be "hard" in the same way other MMOs are, i.e. you must have X gear to run X content. I think our current gear situation is fine where the gear you grind for makes you just a bit more powerful than someone in beginning end game gear and isn't required for anything with the primary benefit of it being greater flexibility rather than just greater power.

And yeah, the game has a lot of easy stuff in it, but it's also getting some more challenging content now which means there's nothing standing in the way of getting both players who like easy content and players who like challenging content ( though that latter part is still going to need to see some filling out to be truly effective ). Remember that at its heart the true draw of this game is still the fact that here you create characters rather than sign up to play classes... well, once you get your first Free Form slot. I still think giving everyone one free freeform slot would be a good move, both in refreshing the interest of current players, getting some players to come back after having quit, and in retaining future new players. You know what they say about potato chips... once you stick one in your mouth, the whole bag is bound to follow.
  • n3lln3ll Posts: 21 Arc User
    reiwulf said:

what about a free FF slot once you reach lv 40 with an AT? that way even if people make more accounts they would need to first play for a while to get it. I personally wouldnt male a new account and level all the way to 40 just for a free FF slot.

I don't think that would be a good idea coz experienced players can rush the lv 40 within 10-15 hours or so... Also then ppl would just buy AT slots and level it to 40 to get that free FF slot so they wouldn't even need to make new accounts for it.. (unless u meant free FF slot first time they reach lv 40 in that account, which still wouldn't be imo good due my first statement.)

Also I agree with spinnytop that CO's end game doesn't need to be "hard" and isn't even meant to be similar like many other MMO's with +100 max level and super hard end game content etc. Tho there are still some more challenging things like cosmics and TA now which requires some kind of good team to get trough..!
    IronClaw@AllahSemmin in game c:
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    n3ll said:

I don't think that would be a good idea coz experienced players can rush the lv 40 within 10-15 hours or so... Also then ppl would just buy AT slots and level it to 40 to get that free FF slot so they wouldn't even need to make new accounts for it.. (unless u meant free FF slot first time they reach lv 40 in that account, which still wouldn't be imo good due my first statement.)

I think he meant just the one FF slot. Also, if someone is gonna go to all that trouble then they could just delete the character and use the FF slot over and over again, so long as they don't actually care about developing that character once it hits 40. There's also one important thing that makes the "multiple accounts" method less attractive: questonite. See I used to use multiple accounts myself back when I was silver cause it was a great way to get free slots to make new archetypes. However, then one day they came out with questonite and I quickly realized that I could not pool my questonite among multiple accounts - only among characters on the same account. After that, my other accounts were quickly abandoned because I wanted to use questonite to get free stuff out of the cash shop. For people who only care about character slots and nothing else, that doesn't matter - but for all the other people who like free stuff it might be kind of a big deal.
    n3ll said:

Also I agree with spinnytop that CO's end game doesn't need to be "hard" and isn't even meant to be similar like many other MMO's with +100 max level and super hard end game content etc. Tho there are still some more challenging things like cosmics and TA now which requires some kind of good team to get trough..!

Yes. I would much rather have quality and variety of end game over length of end game. That's why I keep not going back to Tera, every time I try to I realize they added like six new tiers to their end game u3u
  • reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    yeah I meant just 1 FF slot when you first reach 40. Even if you could potentially make lots of new accounts, but like spinnytop said, questionite is a good reason to try to stay on 1 main account.
    natesig.jpg