test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hard Cop (Optimized Melee/DPS Build)

jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
edited June 2016 in Builds and Roles
Well from the last thread from my question (arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1205577/about-dps-powers) I upgraded my DPS toon to do Events/Comics/Farm Q's and even (maybe) do Lairs.

So let me exaplin my reason of choices here:

STR/Con/Rec
Beign a Melee Build I choosed STR to improve the Severity/Melee Damage and while I can get geared towards DEX/Critical with Con added. Getting a discount in my Melee Powers (BB and DR) and some Defense with Critical from STR. Recovery to get more % Energy from MSA and FotT (More Energy = More DPS)

About Powers
- Burst Shot with Taking Names for the BB obviously.
- MSA to get energy back using Actives and Holdout Shot.
- Energy Shield for a lingering defense (Energy comeback blocking), here I though between this or Energy Shield w/Laser Knight to get a high block damage... but ES reduces damage. Still I need to check what is worth better.
- Dragon's Wrath to get Energy back.
- Palliate /w Absolve for a Threat Wipe and Heal
- Wardicator especializations and with Warden Mastery to get stacks of damage reduction doing the combo of BB and doing a extra 10% moer damage.

Damn son! Every minute I stay here reading things better I get the grasp of the mechanics of the game.

I will appreciate every advice and improvement.

Thanks for your time.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Master
Level 6: Paramilitary Training
Level 9: Quick Recovery
Level 12: Physical Conditioning
Level 15: Relentless
Level 18: Acrobat
Level 21: Martial Focus

Powers:
Level 1: Gunslinger
Level 1:Burst Shot (Rank 2, Taking Names)
Level 6: Holdout Shot (Rank 2, Stim Pack)
Level 8: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Form of the Tempest
Level 14: Bullet Beatdown (Rank 2, Not Without Incident, Break the Trigger)
Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 20: Energy Wave (Rank 2, Reverse Polarity)
Level 23: Force Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Force Sheathe)
Level 26: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Dragon's Wrath (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Masterful Dodge
Level 38: Palliate (Absolve)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35:Teleport

Specializations:
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Aggression (2/2)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)
Strength: Overpower (1/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Warden: Fortified Gear (2/3)
Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    For some more info on Bullet Beatdown, ya can read my mini-guide on it w/ some builds:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1204998/the-ballad-of-bullet-beatdown-a-mini-guide

As for this build, if using FotT, then ya mine as well use STR/Dex/Con and focus on Dex, that is if ya want Str PSS's perks. Ya can gear or talent for a bit of Int for the energy boost, since MSA scales w/ Int primarily, not Rec. Ya can prob also axe R3 of Resurgence, since R3 is likely to be over-healing most of the time ur using it. The build won't have enough adv points if adding in Burst Shot's adv anyways, since they weren't accounted for in the Planner.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Good enough, even with a good preparation I already saw if I don't have Dex as SS my damage go a little down (less criticals) but have a lot of severity thanks of the STR perks.

Beyond the build, its very comfy to play with it. I love the sea of numbers while executing BB :D
  • Options
    ravynhawkeravynhawke Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    @flowcyto - I have that post bookmarked, it's a good one with lots of good information, thank you.

@jojenmaihem - I know what you mean about staying here reading things and learning more about the mechanics of the game. Flowcyto especially has a wealth of knowledge, he's like a master genius at this stuff and I always learn something from a thread he participates in.

Also, I've found the more threads I participate in and the more builds I try to help and play around with also seems to increase my understanding of the game's mechanics. It really forces me to look at powers that I wouldn't have for my own builds and learn how they synergize or don't with others.

As for your build here, was there a reason you wanted to go with MSA instead of Killer Instinct? Without Int as a SS the energy return isn't going to be that high, it would almost be better to go with Killer Instinct I think. Even without dex as a SS, you're gearing for Dex and crit chance, meaning you'll probably get more energy return in the long run, though again it won't be that high because it scales off of ego.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Good enough, even with a good preparation I already saw if I don't have Dex as SS my damage go a little down (less criticals) but have a lot of severity thanks of the STR perks.

Beyond the build, its very comfy to play with it. I love the sea of numbers while executing BB :D

I'd still recommend SSing Dex, as FotT scales w/ it. You'll get more crit%, more dmg, and more energy form FotT procs w/ higher Dex and when its SS'd.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I make some improvements to the build in these days.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Master
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training
    Level 9: Acrobat
    Level 12: Physical Conditioning
    Level 15: Martial Focus
    Level 18: Quick Recovery
    Level 21: Impresario

Powers:
    Level 1: Rain of Steel
    Level 1: Blade Tempest (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 6: Steadfast
    Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Form of the Tempest
    Level 14: Bullet Beatdown (Break the Trigger, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 17: Dragon's Claws (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Energy Shield (Laser Knight)
    Level 23: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 32: Feint (Trauma)
    Level 35: Energy Wave (Rank 2, Reverse Polarity)
    Level 38: Strike Down

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)
  • Options
    I'm unsure what ur trying to do w/ this build now, since you took tanking advs (CS/CripC), switched to AoPM (not really a good tanking passive), and have more redundant attacks now.
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

I'm unsure what ur trying to do w/ this build now, since you took tanking advs (CS/CripC), switched to AoPM (not really a good tanking passive), and have more redundant attacks now.

AoPM with Juggernaut create a feedback in Defense stat givin me easly high %Defense to All Damage. Right now AoPM gives me a +36 Stats netting me more Health, Critical, Damage and Defense... defense that I can get higher using Wardicator and with that create a loop between Offensive and Defensive.

And yes, CS/CripC are for tanking too, I make it a Offtank in the end and works very well gearing for DEX/Con with Critical.

Get the aggro with Blade Tempest, use DC and then spam Blade Tempest if is a group or BB to kill single targets.

I changed Dragon Rush for Dragon Claw because they do the same Damage but DC have a +50% Severity.

• Options
    Alright, so essentially ur choosing between two diff attack rotations depending on if ya wanna tank or not? That works, I suppose, though I wouldn't go trying to tank any heavy-hitting Cosmic or whatnot w/ AoPM, and I'd be careful causing too much threat w/ Blade Tempest if/when ya don't want to tank.
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

Alright, so essentially ur choosing between two diff attack rotations depending on if ya wanna tank or not? That works, I suppose, though I wouldn't go trying to tank any heavy-hitting Cosmic or whatnot w/ AoPM, and I'd be careful causing too much threat w/ Blade Tempest if/when ya don't want to tank.

Well I'm getting a 40% Defense vs All thanks to the buff at Juggernaut and Warden right now and now I have Energy Shield /w Laser Knight giving me a lot more of defense.

Maybe in a future if the things don't go as planed can change AoPM for Defiance, but the loss of stats going to be massive.