test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Buffs Debuffs?

pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
I know a lot of people poo-poo debuffs, but I have seen them make certain fights, like Gravitar, go a lot smoother. If you can peel off some of her damage, it can mean the difference between life and death for a squishy, which means the healer can focus on other stuff than rezzes. It can also speed things up if debuffing resistance.

So, my question is, does anything affect debuffs? Stats? Specs? Gear? I know Pre and some specs buff controls, but nothing says anything about debuffs. Many debuffs are connected to controls, so does the stronger control affect the strength or duration of the debuffs? Does running in Support Role have any affect on debuffs?

I have been told that even if the target is not affected by the connected control, they are still affected by the debuff. Is this true? For example, when targets awaken from Ego Sleep, they are Disoriented. But, if the target is too high a rank to actually be affected by the sleep, are they still disoriented?
- - - - -
SIGNATURE:
Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    You mean if a debuff, say, reduced enemy dmg, are there any scalars to that? Afaik, most of those sort of debuffs are a fixed amount and duration, and don't scale w/ anything (other than perhaps rank of power or spec debuff, or rank of target). A notable exception would be ebon sigils (and radiant sigils) which also scale off of Pres.

And yes, even if targets are CC immune, they are not debuff-immune.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

A notable exception would be ebon sigils (and radiant sigils) which also scale off of Pres.

And Int, though it matters less (duration increases with Int).
    I can't find that Int aspect on the description anywhere, but if its true, then that's good to know. Guess it makes sense since Int is Grimoire's domain, and that AT has the sigils.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    flowcyto said:

I can't find that Int aspect on the description anywhere, but if its true, then that's good to know.

I haven't actually checked in years, but it used to be true.
    Yeah I can't confirm that. After some quick testing on the PTS I'm not noticing a higher uptime w/ 10 Int vs. 300 Int when using Ebon sigils. Perhaps it was changed around the On Alert revamp.
    flowcyto said:

Yeah I can't confirm that. After some quick testing on the PTS I'm not noticing a higher uptime w/ 10 Int vs. 300 Int when using Ebon sigils. Perhaps it was changed around the On Alert revamp.

Well, it should be 100% uptime if you have reasonable cdr, so not very visible.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

flowcyto said:

Well, it should be 100% uptime if you have reasonable cdr, so not very visible.
    I've got the CD on my sigil spammer down to half their durration... but I also built her to maximize cooldowns to an extreme... REC/Int/Pre, AoAC, CDR gear, 500 Int...

Anyways back on topic... To my knowledge Ebon Sigils are the only debuff that scales with any stat... Radiant Sigils will also reduce damage but their effect is through a buff applied to players rather than a damage debuff... So I wouldn't count Radiant Sigils among debuffs...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Awesome, thanks! That is exactly what I was trying to confirm.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.