test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Speedster dodge tank

squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
Looking for thoughts and a couple suggestions:
http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=13&n=Dodge Tanking Masterfully&d=1432ZGHMb9A0000D100DD04DF08DM05L503DK057G008F05A600DL0500000000KB04QJ002MNr11Cd2MtN

Obviously this is a level 40 build. I'm not even sure there's an extractable leveling build in this without changing passives or something. But i've got a whole stable of become devices, or can just retcon into this, so that's not a concern.

Notes:
-Speedster theme

-Runs in Hybrid but is a tank

-Stat distribution will focus on Dex and Con with minimal Int investment, and probably an R5 strength mod in an onslaught secondary for the (int spec boosted) melee damage bonus.

-I'm 99% sure that, by allowing an eb attack every 2-3s, this build can keep masterful dodge up all the time.

-That means that the build has no interest in dodge chance, but lots of interest in avoidance. I'm not sure if that means it wants a cosmic secondary defense, or go with the onslaught dodge/avoid piece (since the avoidance chance lost will be minimal) for the 9 more stat points and the ability to not have them go to int. Of course, it may be worth grabbing the defense onslaught secondary because i'm so far down diminishing returns on avoidance at that point.

-Will definitely be able to keep Lock 'n Load up 100% of the time thanks to Two Smoking Barrels. Gives up the damage boost, but gets the crit chance and power cost reduction full time.

-Molecular Self-Assembly is a stand-in for Steadfast, since its not on the site yet.

-The two empty spots are for main attacks - with 8 advantage points saved for them. See question below.

-Not committed to Brawler spec, but Warden is going to have limited benefit because the build won't be stacking defense on gear, and warden isn't particularly appealing otherwise. (Although Brawler leaves some things to be desired too).

Question:
Trying to figure out which unarmed MA powers I want as main attacks. In competition: Dragon Uppercut, Open Palm Strike, Burning Chi Fist, One Hundred Hands. Thoughts? Dragon Kick also isn't immune from getting cut, i just figured the avoidance buff was worthwhile. Note that most of these will have reduced charge times because of AoAC.

Not sure it actually needs crippling challenge to hold aggro, since it will be dealing significantly more damage (than most tanks) in hybrid, and i'll have the bonus threat from defender gloves and the Protector spec. NTTG and freeing up a spec point might be worthwhile (say for Ghost Strikes on One Hundred Hands).

Anyway, I need to pts test this, but I'd like to have a decent idea about main attack powers first.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    I highly doubt 100% MD uptime w/ the CDR nerf, and also now that Revitalize has a 6 sec icd. I tested a partial version of this build in the PTS w/ higher Int than Dex (more CDR that way), full CD reduction in utility gear, Justice set (for the SS boost), R7 mods, R3 AoAC, 3/3 Defense Expertise, and 3/3 Revit. MD still has a decent amount of downtime (~21 sec left after MD expires), even if I just use the end builder only, and this is w/ a base MD cd of 43 sec.

I do have 100% uptime on R2 LnL, at least, though its still prob sub-optimal vs. ES/NM w/ losta Con.

I just don't really see how this will work..
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

I highly doubt 100% MD uptime w/ the CDR nerf, and also now that Revitalize has a 6 sec icd. I tested a partial version of this build in the PTS w/ higher Int than Dex (more CDR that way), full CD reduction in utility gear, Justice set (for the SS boost), R7 mods, R3 AoAC, 3/3 Defense Expertise, and 3/3 Revit. MD still has a decent amount of downtime (~21 sec left after MD expires), even if I just use the end builder only, and this is w/ a base MD cd of 43 sec.

I do have 100% uptime on R2 LnL, at least, though its still prob sub-optimal vs. ES/NM w/ losta Con.

I just don't really see how this will work..

And this is what i get going with written information about specs. Hadn't realized the icd was nerfed so badly on revitalize (the guide i was using has the 2 sec icd listed). A 6 sec icd makes it completely useless, to the point it might as well not exist as a spec. xP And yeah, that would change the math quite a bit (only get 2-3 instead of 7 per 15s).

Hmm... i wonder how much cdr the recovery spec gives. Haven't seen any numbers on that anywhere.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, I could see how this would work w/ the old Revit, but a 6 sec icd really hampers what it could be.

I was actually considering making a weird AoAC + Rec PSS user. Prob go REC/Int/Con and max Int (w/ Conc, AotI, or Manip; or max Rec w/ Compassion), and maybe get Nanobot Swarm on top of that. If ya want the ally support version I'd prob go REC/Pres/Con w/ Compassion and max Pres.

Sustained dmg prob won't be great w/ it, cause AoAC doesn't directly boost that, but could be fun to use w/ longer cds like Power Chord or Fire All Weapons.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    What sorts of things to you plan to tank with this character? Relying on Dodge is rough in Teleios Ascendant and Cosmic Giant Monsters. You will need significant defense in addition to avoidance to survive things like non-dodgeable DoTs,

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

What sorts of things to you plan to tank with this character? Relying on Dodge is rough in Teleios Ascendant and Cosmic Giant Monsters. You will need significant defense in addition to avoidance to survive things like non-dodgeable DoTs,

Masterful Dodge also increases resistance to DoTs
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

Yeah, I could see how this would work w/ the old Revit, but a 6 sec icd really hampers what it could be.

I was actually considering making a weird AoAC + Rec PSS user. Prob go REC/Int/Con and max Int (w/ Conc, AotI, or Manip; or max Rec w/ Compassion), and maybe get Nanobot Swarm on top of that. If ya want the ally support version I'd prob go REC/Pres/Con w/ Compassion and max Pres.

Sustained dmg prob won't be great w/ it, cause AoAC doesn't directly boost that, but could be fun to use w/ longer cds like Power Chord or Fire All Weapons.

With the longer cd powers (and without the need to use them every 15s), revitalize might be playable, because you'll get more uses in.

With pretty low total SS, my one rec primary character (a Cursed AT) is getting 18% increased recharge speed. I have no idea how that figures into the formula offhand with gear cdr and int cdr. If i can figure out the cdr formula, i can probably figure out what the breakpoint is for when revitalize becomes useful. But second wind looks like its probably better by quite a bit for most cd reduction applications at first glance.
  • Options
    Well, main perk to the Rec PSS version over Revitalize, at least imo, is that one doesn't rely on constant end builder use :x

Approx formula for CDR and Int, from Jim's analysis on ayonachan's older thread:

Pct reduction = 0.493 + 10050 / (19762 + (Int + Cost reduction)^2)

Thread:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/247878/gift-horse/p2

• Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User

Masterful Dodge also increases resistance to DoTs

So does Lightning Reflexes. Unfortunately, this bonus doesn't actually apply to any of the DoTs that are actually threatening. In general, if it can't be dodged, the bonus resist versus dots also doesn't apply. (On the other hand, if it can be dodged, you tend to get both applying, and minor things like bleeds tend to tick for 1.)