test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now only 50 players per instance

foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
During a new event week.

Just leaving this here. Make of it what you will.
Post edited by foxyperson on

Comments

• highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    It's intended. Uh.. server strain from too many people in the same place and such

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    There has been some problems with lag, too, so probably a good call. Not sure if it's permanent (hope not, as it makes the zones feel a little deserted).
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    It's not permanent, it's gonna be reverted after the event

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    There has been some problems with lag, too, so probably a good call. Not sure if it's permanent (hope not, as it makes the zones feel a little deserted).

This statement is always hilarious to me when these events go on because they always feel deserted when people are gathered in other locations but when people go back to Ren Center feels just fine.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    To be honest I don't spend most of my time standing in Ren Cen, so that's not what I meant. Just that it's a big map, and having 50 people in it doesn't make it feel alive and bustling, as a game city should. Glad to hear it's going back to 100 by default.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I've seen the occasional "Nightmare Colossus turns invisible due to too many effects" even with the 50 person cap, so I'd say it's justified.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Still happens on the comics on occasion as well, though much less often.
    biffsig.jpg
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I love it. The 50 person per zone cap is a great idea to improve the gaming experience.

I think it will be nice when bosses in other events (Takofanes, Mechanon) have to be taken on by 50, and not 100 players.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Heh, when did we ever actually have 100 people actually doing it? Well, the Liberated Mega-Ds were close but even then it wasn't everyone in the zone.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    But with 7 friggin zones you're bound to be able to hit a colossus. I have t yet ran into the problem of not being able to do one a day. Heck I usually do three to five over 3 characters and have to remind myself to stop and finish the other two dailies. The 50 cap does more good than bad in this case.
    biffsig.jpg
    Yeah but you were replying to a comment on the city zone cap.

For the cosmics, just wait in the other zone or get there early. When I'm after cosmics, first thing I do is see what's on cool down, and set a timer on my phone so I can get there early. I've only ever been locked out of a zone once or twice. Just be diligent about it.
    biffsig.jpg

For the cosmics, just wait in the other zone or get there early. When I'm after cosmics, first thing I do is see what's on cool down, and set a timer on my phone so I can get there early. I've only ever been locked out of a zone once or twice. Just be diligent about it.

I've done this.

You can also just spam-check map transfer. People come and go for lots of reasons. Usually after a couple minutes of checking map transfer repeatedly, I can change zones.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    Yup, plain ol' diligence.
    biffsig.jpg
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The thing is with two dedicated pet toons you can make mobs disappearing happen in any sized group. Well except for instanced content.​​
    I have never failed to transfer maps within 2 minutes for a Cosmic (since revamp) or this event.

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

The thing is with two dedicated pet toons you can make mobs disappearing happen in any sized group.​​

So you're saying we should put a cap on how many pets one character can control? Or have giant monsters instantly kill pets?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

So you're saying we should put a cap on how many pets one character can control? Or have giant monsters instantly kill pets?

I wonder if there's some way to tag pets as having "least priority" so that they disappear first...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

I wonder if there's some way to tag pets as having "least priority" so that they disappear first...
    Yeah, really, I have no reason to care about how many Telios raptors are running around... unless they're attacking me.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    fully support this idea, even if it affects my pet master
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

The thing is with two dedicated pet toons you can make mobs disappearing happen in any sized group. Well except for instanced content.​​

I hate those builds besides being resource hogs they are just unattractive. There's a difference between a well thought out and themed pet build and "I took every singly available pet plus temps" type builds.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited May 2016

I hate those builds besides being resource hogs they are just unattractive. There's a difference between a well thought out and themed pet build and "I took every singly available pet plus temps" type builds.
    Eh, I made a pet toon who has a pile of pets and all of them are in-theme.

(Lemurian + dark magic covers a lot of thematic ground - kind of silly that's the direction pets gravitate towards for a game about superheroes).

I also don't bring him to massive zone fights.